Cooler Master Storm Trooper. Issues with top panel.

geramul

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hey all, I have a problem here. The fans that came with the case connect to the top panel, which has multiple I/O slots and also doubles as a fan controller for the stock fans. Well, the I/O works, however the fans do not. On top of that, the power button and fan controller buttons are supposed to have a red led... they aren't working. The LED problem I think I know what is wrong with that. According to my motherboard manual there was a spot for a PLED 2 pin connector. I never found this connector. The fans not working however, I have no clue.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has owned this case and/or can give me some advice as how to start fixing this. I hope to hear from someone. Thanks.

geramul

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
After some searching there was a 4 pin molex that I missed. I was so sure I plugged everything in but it must have hid itself on the side of the PSU during the build. Fans work now along with the controller, thanks :).

geramul

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Yeah the instructions for the case were a little bare. The picture were descriptive enough for a person to get an idea of what to do, but a little explanation wouldn't hurt :l.

I would contact Cooler Master Support. They were extremely helpful to me. I placed a ticket and they identified a problem with the top panel on my HAF 922 and sent a replacement. I am not saying you have something wrong with yours but I am sure they could guide you through what you are dealing with.