Intel Core i5 2500k GHz Processor £150
Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 memory £33 got
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card £72 got
SATA 6Gb/s 64mb hard drive 1tb £70
dvd cd writer lg £15
inwin dragon slayer case £35
corsair builder series cx 600 psu £40 got
£508

Ok this will be my first build i have shopped around for parts ebay etc (been doing some bid sniping) and was just wanting some pro advice on my build maybe what is not a good buy or what is hot,or maybe you have suggestions on the items i have not got yet.....
Feel free to tear it to bits as this will help me learn,i will be installing windows 64 bit ultimate as well ...
Also this may be a totally dumb question but will my motherboard support networking or is there something i need to buy for this as when i read the spec to try and find out i just get confused by all the jargon...I am thinking of getting the powerline adaptors for this build so i get better connection than wireless too....

Ok thats it a bit all over the place but thanks for your help!!!

tlmck

Distinguished
I would have gone for a 560 Ti card as a better match for that system, but you should still be able to play on decent lowered settings with the 550 Ti depends on your monitor of course. With your motherboard and PSU, adding a second 550 Ti later will be no problem. I have a 550 Ti, but only a 1440x900 res 19" monitor. I play mostly high settings with a Core i3-2100 and 8gb ram.

One caution I would provide is that if you plan on overclocking the CPU later and you got the tall spiked Vengeance ram, it will interfere with most aftermarket coolers.

Everything else looks fine.