Digital camera with remote control

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 4, 2005 4:25:49 AM

How do you find which camera has remote control. I am looking for camera
about 4 Meg pixels, 3x optical zoom, pocket size which has wireless remote
control. This feature is not normally listed with the camera sects and
dealers do not know this either.

Appreciate your help

Jan
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 4:25:50 AM

In article <hy6oe.1563329$Xk.99753@pd7tw3no>,
"Jan Nademlejnsky" <jannade@shaw.ca> wrote:

> How do you find which camera has remote control. I am looking for camera
> about 4 Meg pixels, 3x optical zoom, pocket size which has wireless remote
> control. This feature is not normally listed with the camera sects and
> dealers do not know this either.

I don't recall ever coming across a point and shoot digital camera with
remote control capability. To get remote control capability, you need to
look at SLR models. That being said, try checking
http://www.dpreview.com to see if they list any point and shoot cameras
with remote control capability.
June 4, 2005 4:25:51 AM

Olympus 3000 series had them, maybe the newer versions have them also.

"Shawn Hearn" <srhi@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In article <hy6oe.1563329$Xk.99753@pd7tw3no>,
> "Jan Nademlejnsky" <jannade@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> > How do you find which camera has remote control. I am looking for camera
> > about 4 Meg pixels, 3x optical zoom, pocket size which has wireless
remote
> > control. This feature is not normally listed with the camera sects and
> > dealers do not know this either.
>
> I don't recall ever coming across a point and shoot digital camera with
> remote control capability. To get remote control capability, you need to
> look at SLR models. That being said, try checking
> http://www.dpreview.com to see if they list any point and shoot cameras
> with remote control capability.
June 4, 2005 11:50:48 AM

Shawn Hearn wrote:
> In article <hy6oe.1563329$Xk.99753@pd7tw3no>,
> "Jan Nademlejnsky" <jannade@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> How do you find which camera has remote control. I am looking for
>> camera about 4 Meg pixels, 3x optical zoom, pocket size which has
>> wireless remote control. This feature is not normally listed with
>> the camera sects and dealers do not know this either.
>
> I don't recall ever coming across a point and shoot digital camera
> with remote control capability. To get remote control capability, you
> need to look at SLR models. That being said, try checking
> http://www.dpreview.com to see if they list any point and shoot
> cameras with remote control capability.

The Nikon 8400 - a point-and-shoot model - has a remote shutter release.
I'm sure other do as well.

David
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 1:24:22 PM

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:25:49 +0000, Jan Nademlejnsky wrote:

> How do you find which camera has remote control. I am looking for camera
> about 4 Meg pixels, 3x optical zoom, pocket size which has wireless remote
> control. This feature is not normally listed with the camera sects and
> dealers do not know this either.

Some of Olympus' C-7xx models (e.g. C-750, C770) include an IR remote.
They're a bit bigger than what I would consider pocket size, but they do
have 10x zoom. All current models are 4MP.

> Appreciate your help
> Jan

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK Need reliable and secure network systems?

Shawn Hearn <srhi@comcast.net> writes:

> In article <hy6oe.1563329$Xk.99753@pd7tw3no>,
> "Jan Nademlejnsky" <jannade@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> > How do you find which camera has remote control. I am looking for camera
> > about 4 Meg pixels, 3x optical zoom, pocket size which has wireless remote
> > control. This feature is not normally listed with the camera sects and
> > dealers do not know this either.
>
> I don't recall ever coming across a point and shoot digital camera with
> remote control capability. To get remote control capability, you need to
> look at SLR models. That being said, try checking
> http://www.dpreview.com to see if they list any point and shoot cameras
> with remote control capability.

I dunno, my Olympus C-40Z came with the standard Olympus wireless controller
(RM-1), and its replacement (C-60Z) also comes with the RM-2. If you were
willing to accept 10x zoom and 3 megapixels, I know the Canon S1 supports an
optional remote control, but its replacement S2 doesn't seem to.

However, it does tend to be a feature reserved for the prosumer and higher
cameras. B&H in its specifications will list the remote control and whether it
comes with the camera.

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org

Try the Olympus 4.0-megapixel Stylus 410. It comes with an RM-2
infrared shutter release remote control.
!