Computer starts on using mouse button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndirectHero

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hey guys I noticed that when I shutdown my computer through windows I can turn my computer on just by holding the right mouse button than the usually start button on the tower. Is this under Windows 7 64 bit home features? Because I can't find anything on google about this feature. Any help to clear this up would be much appreciated.

Solution
if your computer is in Sleep or Hybernate then you can turn the computer on through moving/clicking the mouse, if the computer is completely shut down then it is not windows doing that. Some motherboards will have "wake on keyboard" "wake on password" or "wake on mouse" features, so if you really are turning the computer off completely then it is more likely the mobo that is enabling that feature (and that would be where to turn it off if you want... but personally I like that feature)
if your computer is in Sleep or Hybernate then you can turn the computer on through moving/clicking the mouse, if the computer is completely shut down then it is not windows doing that. Some motherboards will have "wake on keyboard" "wake on password" or "wake on mouse" features, so if you really are turning the computer off completely then it is more likely the mobo that is enabling that feature (and that would be where to turn it off if you want... but personally I like that feature)

Solution

IndirectHero

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

Okay thanks, didn't know it was my mobo. I guess that pretty cool to use. Maybe less stress on the tower when forcing the start button.

Status
Not open for further replies.