Status
Not open for further replies.

samotage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Hi Guy's! Samo Here!

I'm working on my first Gaming Computer at the moment. I need a lot of advice on what to get price and performance wise. Okay so this is what I have looked at so far:

AMD FX-6100
GA-970a-D3 AM3+
Seagate 1TB

Corsair TX V2 650w
GTX 560
8GB Corsair Vengeance Blu
CM 212 Hyper Evo
CM Storm Scout

Everything in Bold and Italic are Part's that I have already bought. So I need some Advice as to whether this is good value for money and performance. I will be doing multitasking, Gaming and Video Editing. Some of the Games I play are WoW, TF2, DiRT 3, ANN0 2070, Minecraft, StarCraft II and more. So I need a decent system that will give me no lag while playing online and while I edit video's. I will be doing a 3 Screen Set up later on but for now it's just the one Monitor. I play in 1080p/HDMI. So if there is Anything I should change or if you want to give me some positive feedback please do, I need it :)

~Samo

claec

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
For one thing, I'd consider getting different RAM. The Hyper 212 CPU cooler has potential to interfere with the heatsinks on the RAM you have selected. In all reality, RAM doesn't need heatsinks. Try to find some with simple heatspreaders that do not add any height.

The rest of the build looks pretty good for the most part. I commented on your other CPU post, so check that for more info on the CPU. I personally like AMD's GPUs, but I know the 560 is pretty awesome. You should be able to handle games with ease as long as you get a CPU that is powerful enough.

Cheers, Claec

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
Avoid the FX 4170. It'll perform worse than the 6100. Maybe marginally better than the 4100. I have a 4100 and its crap my 960T outperforms it.

Your far better off getting a phenom II while they are still around and then waiting and praying piledriver delivers. Bulldozer didnt, sorry thats fact, it is beaten at the higher end models by Intel at the pricepoint and beaten at the lower end by its predessor Phenom II at a LOWER price point.

EzioAs

Distinguished

I also agree the 6870 is a better card because they usually cost less than a 560 and they consume less power. But, if you found a 560 cheaper or has a similar price to a 6870, I have no objection. OR if you're an Nvidia fan

samotage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012

The part store where I am sell's the GTX 560 (non-ti) for $70 LESS than the 6870.
I have a 4100 and its crap my 960T outperforms it.
Okay... would the Phenom be able to fit into my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.