Outlook Express 5.0

for the past week or so, each time I try to open outlook
express, I get a message that Outlook Express has to
close. I have sent in the 'error' each time I've been
prompted. How can I get outless express going again?

Hi

You should be using OE v 6 with XP. Have you checked to see which version
you are using? Dependent on what messages you have in the Inbox, you may
like to try and 'install' a new Inbox. This suggestion will delete all
emails in the Inbox, although you copy it to another location beforehand:

You will need to access the Store folder via Windows Express In Windows
Explorer go to the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{25D9EA6F-FEE1-4902-BA29-E648B6DD8BEA}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express

With OE closed, open Windows Explorer and navigate to that folder. Delete
'Inbox.bdx'. Now see if you can open OE normally.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User