My xfx 5670 1 GDDR5 idle temp around 55-60 is this normal?

aorasoo

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Hi my name is Aoras and i have xfx 5670 1gddr5 that's idle temp around 55-60 and when i play dirt3 it goes up to 80c is this normal ?
and why dirt 3 works normally and very smoothly but NFS Hp or NFS shift2 don't ?

please someone help me . and thanx

my pc specs :
Pentium 4 3.0 2m cache
xfx 5670 1GDDR5
2G DDR3 1333
Gigabyte G41

chippies

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
80C in games is normal for GPUs. The idle temperatures are a bit high, but nothing to worry about. That may be because the GPU fan is set for silent operation so it won't run at its full RPM until the GPU gets hot.

As for Dirt 3 running smoothly but both NFS titles don't, that could be because your GPU isn't powerful enough to play NFS with the graphics settings you've chosen. Try changing the graphics settings to their minimum option in both NFS titles and see if that makes them run more smoothly. Sadly, they won't look as good.

DM186

Splendid
80c temps are on the higher end. 80c and above is when you start seing problems with laging and freezing. If you are running at 80c you don't want it to run there for any lengh of time. Your idele Temps should be 30c to 35c is avg.

Do you have proper air flow in your case? As for the games you play I can't help you there. For what your rig is and the games your playing I am imprest.

aorasoo

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
thanx i opened my case and that helped a lot but for games I've tried everything with nfs I've lowered my graphics to the minimum but its the same (maximum graphics = minimum graphics = bad performance ) and the weird thing that dirt 3 is a demanding game like NFS but its working great with the ultimate graphic settings .

Oh now my GPU idle around 48 and when gaming goes up to 68 and I've played 5 hours and its OK
(with assassins creed brotherhood) and that's also a demanding game >