azvi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello

From last few days i was facing a problem regarding blue skin error. but today as i was
watching a movie , suddenly i got the same blue skin but this time it got freeze. So i made a made a hard boot and on that restart i found that the pc got restarted 2-3 times continuously.

Now if i switch on the Pc, everytime it undergoes 2-3 restarts automatically, but no display on the monitor. After that the cpu Psu & the Graphics Card fans runs normally even the Dvd drive led shows up but i am still not getting any type of display on my monitor.

Please Help.

Thanks & Regards

Avishek

Specs

Intel Wx58bp, Intel i7-920, Kingston 2x3=6gb , Coolermaster-700w silent pro, Xfx-GTX-285(1 gb, Gddr3). Coolermaster Nvidia Atx.

Were you overclocked? Using the jumper on the MB can reset.

Anything USB attached, remove it. Everything USB (mouse, keyboard, printer, scanner, phone, external disk, etc.). reboot -- does it work ? No, continue.

Standard debugging is to pull parts until the system POSTS. Do you have another video card you can try? If not, with video card out the system should deliver the BEEP CODE for no video if it's working. (google beep codes). If the system posts with not video card and does the right beep code, but doesn't post with video installed that points to video or power supply. try a different video card. if new video also fails consider power supply swap.

With video card removed and no beep code try pulling all but one memory DIMM. Does system now post and deliver no video beep code? Yes, swap in memory one dimm at a time trying to isoloate bad dimm or dimm slot.

No post with any of the dimms ? pull out all dimms, leave video card out, remove anything USB or network attached. See if you get the no memory beep codes. if not then swap PSU. IF no memory beeps then try adding a dimm at a time again. Double check your MB to see if there is a restriction on which dimm slot to use with 1 dimm.

Here is a really good reference. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

azvi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello

I thank you very much for your quick reply. It actually worked. The problem is becoz of one of the ram (DIMM).

Please keep in touch so that i can get your help in future also.

Many Many Thanks to you.

with best Regards

Avishek

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

azvi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello

Now i am facing the same problem in my laptop. but i am not able to fix this in same matter please help.

on powering up processor is rotating for a short time then stopping & again starts running, but after few spins its getting stopped & moreover the power is also moving out.

Hi, best thing to do is start a new post, put in the brand of laptop. describe exactly what you do and what messages you get. For example, say something like... Model XX dell laptop, 1 year old, used to work. when plugged into wall power with battery installed when I hit the power button I can hear the CPU fan, but the screen never lights up and then the cpu fan stops and starts twice then the power goes off. OS is win7 32bit.

azvi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello

i am facing a problem in my laptop. but i am not able to fix this in same matter by removing the DIMM'S
please help.

on powering up, processor is rotating for a short time then stopping & again starts running automatically, but after 3 - 4 spins its getting stopped & moreover the power is also moving out.

This notebook is 4-5 years older.

Acer Extensa 5420
AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core 2.2GHz
ATI RAEDON ATI M690G
2gb DDR2 667 MHz
160 GB Hard Disk Drive
Os Win7 Prof 32bits

Thanks

Azvi