Mouse click instatbility

Status
Not open for further replies.

alannehemy

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Folks, i've been having a problem with my mouse, it clicks just once in a while, and, sometimes, it gets better with one window (program) but when I change to another program or desktop, it stops clicking again. It begun out of nowhere about 3 days ago. I run my pc on windows 7, I tried changing the usb port, the mouse and it doesn't work. What does help is doing a ctrl+alt+del, starting task manager and returning to windows, then, I can click on a single program and it begins to work (the mouse clicks) with it. Typing alt+tab also helps sometimes. My xbox controller and keyboard are functioning normally. I recently updated my kaspersky to the latest version, but I tried deactivating it but I had no luck with the mouse. I'm thinking about returning to a previous kaspersky version, first, then, if that doesn't help, reinstalling the windows. Ah, another thing that might help: i have windows vista on the same PC, same HD and, when I logged in it to see if the problem persisted, gess what, yes, the same mouse problem. That made me think of a hardware problem, but on all usb ports is odd. Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!!

Solution
go to the Control Panel and then System and then Device Manager and make sure the mouse does not have a yellow triangle, then Control panel, Mouse and check the mouse settings, the A/V could be a problem if you are sure the problem started after the update, if Vista is installed on a different partition probably not the problem

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
go to the Control Panel and then System and then Device Manager and make sure the mouse does not have a yellow triangle, then Control panel, Mouse and check the mouse settings, the A/V could be a problem if you are sure the problem started after the update, if Vista is installed on a different partition probably not the problem

Solution

alannehemy

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I did that and everything seems normal. Yesterday I checked again if going to task manager and closing it really helped and yes, it does. Perhaps there's some process that's messing up with my mouse.

Winzz

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
hello,

I have exactly the same problem and can't seem to figure it out, on windows 7 too, can u tell me how you resolved yours?

I have a laptop, and when the problem occurs neither my touchpad, nor my usb mouse will work... as you said <CTRL ALT DEL helps for a few mintues and it starts again....

cvan't seem to find a correct answer anywhere for this problem.... thanks in advance....

bradbodily

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I have this same problem, too. Dell XPS M1330 w/ Win 7. Happened on the Win 7 RTM, too. I originally thought it was related to the Office 2010 beta, but now I'm not sure. It affects the mouse and the touchpad. Ctrl-Alt-Del and arrowing to task manager seems to work pretty well, but it can "come back" in minutes/hours/who knows. Driving me crazy...

G

I have the same issue. Every few minutes, my mouse stops clicking. If i do ctrl-alt-dlt and go to start task manager, the mouse starts working again. I have used multiple mice and still the same issue. There are no errors in windows event log. It has been very frustrating since i can not figure out what is causing the issue.

Zues_16

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
Make sure you don't have anything resting on your keyboard pushing the "esc" key while booting or otherwise. Also make sure you don't have and stuck keys. I have a stack of bills nest to keyboard not realizing it was pushing down some keys. And I lost mouse clicking until I went into "task manager" than exited. Removed the bills and got my mouse back.

Status
Not open for further replies.