Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Can I SLI these two cards?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 1, 2012 10:36:11 PM

Hey all.

I ordered the ASUS M5A99X Evo which supports, "Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!" It has 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) so I was wondering if my two 9800GT 512MB cards would work in that set up?

One of the cards is made by MSI and the other is made my XFX.

Thanks in advance.

More about : sli cards

a c 273 U Graphics card
January 1, 2012 10:49:30 PM

They should do.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2012 11:17:01 PM

Mousemonkey said:
They should do.

Why are you always shutting me down ? I helped 2 or 3 people today here at Tom's and I intend to be helping out allot more around here so back off please.
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2012 11:18:14 PM

eturnal said:
Hey all.

I ordered the ASUS M5A99X Evo which supports, "Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!" It has 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) so I was wondering if my two 9800GT 512MB cards would work in that set up?

One of the cards is made by MSI and the other is made my XFX.

Thanks in advance.

So long as they are the same they will work fine brand does not matter.
Score
0
a c 273 U Graphics card
January 1, 2012 11:37:41 PM

Headspin_69 said:
Why are you always shutting me down ? I helped 2 or 3 people today here at Tom's and I intend to be helping out allot more around here so back off please.

What? :heink: 
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2012 11:41:28 PM

Mousemonkey said:
What? :heink: 


Hah, no clue what he is talking about. Maybe upset that you beat him to the punch?

OP - they will work fine with one another. Make sure they are close in clock / memory speeds because they will operate at whichever one is the slowest.
Share
a c 173 U Graphics card
January 1, 2012 11:57:56 PM

Headspin_69 said:
Why are you always shutting me down ? I helped 2 or 3 people today here at Tom's and I intend to be helping out allot more around here so back off please.


Don't count on it. Mouse is the mod here and that won't change any time soon.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 12:05:57 AM

nforce4max said:
Don't count on it. Mouse is the mod here and that won't change any time soon.

I don't care if hes King Tut incarnate I have the mind to help people out and that's what I am gonna do.
Score
0
a c 273 U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 12:07:19 AM

Headspin_69 said:
I don't care if hes King Tut incarnate I have the mind to help people out and that's what I am gonna do.

Stop taking threads off topic.
Score
0
January 2, 2012 12:10:36 AM

Warmacblu said:
OP - they will work fine with one another. Make sure they are close in clock / memory speeds because they will operate at whichever one is the slowest.


Looking back at the newegg details, it looks like the MSI card is already overclocked.

MSI -
Core Clock: 680MHz
Memory Clock: 1900MHz

XFX -
Core Clock: 600MHz
Memory Clock: 1800MHz

I'm guessing that's why the MSI card has the massive heat sink on it and the XFX doesn't. Based on this information, would it be best to accept the down-grading on the MSI card or should I try to replace the heat sink on the XFX and over-clock it?
Score
0
a c 273 U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 12:13:11 AM

eturnal said:
Looking back at the newegg details, it looks like the MSI card is already overclocked.

MSI -
Core Clock: 680MHz
Memory Clock: 1900MHz

XFX -
Core Clock: 600MHz
Memory Clock: 1800MHz

I'm guessing that's why the MSI card has the massive heat sink on it and the XFX doesn't. Based on this information, would it be best to accept the down-grading on the MSI card or should I try to replace the heat sink on the XFX and over-clock it?

What res are you running at?
Score
0
January 2, 2012 12:15:16 AM

1920x1080 is the highest resolution I can select for my desktop/games and that's what I've been using.
Score
0
a c 273 U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 12:19:21 AM

I was running SLi'd 8800GT's at that res and 600mhz on the GPU's was OK.
Score
0
January 2, 2012 12:20:46 AM

Best answer selected by Eturnal.
Score
0
!