Jordan

I just got set up with Live tonight (Gamertag - GlobalPhreak) and was
going through all my titles mooching downloads. :^) I had a few
"Whoah... That has content?" Moments.

Sure, I knew Splinter Cell, KOTOR and Ninja Gaiden had content, but I
was surprised by the 2 epilogs on Full Spectrum Warrior, the new
costumes in "Hunter: The Reckoning - Redeemer".

Armed and Dangerous? Wow. Somewhere along the line I knew Crimson Skies
had DLC, but I didn't know it was 2 levels, 2 planes and a new
multiplayer game type.

Anyone else get DLC they didn't expect?

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I just got set up with Live tonight (Gamertag - GlobalPhreak) and was
> going through all my titles mooching downloads. :^) I had a few
> "Whoah... That has content?" Moments.
>
> Sure, I knew Splinter Cell, KOTOR and Ninja Gaiden had content, but I
> was surprised by the 2 epilogs on Full Spectrum Warrior, the new
> costumes in "Hunter: The Reckoning - Redeemer".
>
> Armed and Dangerous? Wow. Somewhere along the line I knew Crimson Skies
> had DLC, but I didn't know it was 2 levels, 2 planes and a new
> multiplayer game type.
>
> Anyone else get DLC they didn't expect?

I was surprised when kotor2 did NOT have dlc when kotor1 did. other than
that no.

> I just got set up with Live tonight (Gamertag - GlobalPhreak)

Wow, Jordan on Xbox Live....finally! ;)

> and was
> going through all my titles mooching downloads. :^) I had a few
> "Whoah... That has content?" Moments.
>
> Sure, I knew Splinter Cell, KOTOR and Ninja Gaiden had content, but I
> was surprised by the 2 epilogs on Full Spectrum Warrior, the new
> costumes in "Hunter: The Reckoning - Redeemer".
>
> Armed and Dangerous? Wow. Somewhere along the line I knew Crimson Skies
> had DLC, but I didn't know it was 2 levels, 2 planes and a new
> multiplayer game type.
>
> Anyone else get DLC they didn't expect?

DLC is very cool, it's amazing that we get any of it though, to tell you
the truth. With MS running the dev's through a very horrendous testing
period, and the fact that they(the dev's) don't make any money off of it,
I can see why so few dev's actually do it. It is cool when they do
though...

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...whoa, I think my dingy
hanging out!
- Lo Wang, Shadow Warrior

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:46:19 GMT, "wd" <wd@none.com> wrote:
>I was surprised when kotor2 did NOT have dlc when kotor1 did. other than
>that no.

As someone who came to the Xbox scene well after KOTOR1 had hit, how
the heck did KOTOR1 have downloadable content? The game isn't even
Live aware, is it? What content did it have? So yeah, count me as
someone surprised that KOTOR1 has DLC :)

The Other John wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:46:19 GMT, "wd" <wd@none.com> wrote:
> >I was surprised when kotor2 did NOT have dlc when kotor1 did. other than
> >that no.
> >

> As someone who came to the Xbox scene well after KOTOR1 had hit, how
> the heck did KOTOR1 have downloadable content? The game isn't even
> Live aware, is it? What content did it have? So yeah, count me as
> someone surprised that KOTOR1 has DLC :)

The DLC is, apparently, a space station called "Yavin" where you can trade
and buy crystals to make your lightsaber change colors and upgrade its
power.

Bel
--

"BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message
> The Other John wrote:

>> As someone who came to the Xbox scene well after KOTOR1 had hit, how
>> the heck did KOTOR1 have downloadable content? The game isn't even
>> Live aware, is it? What content did it have? So yeah, count me as
>> someone surprised that KOTOR1 has DLC :)

> The DLC is, apparently, a space station called "Yavin" where you can trade
> and buy crystals to make your lightsaber change colors and upgrade its
> power.

And the dude there plays Pazaak (sp?), and there's a small battle for you at
one point. Plus he has some cool stuff.