Customizing My Computer

I would like to ask for some help on behalf of my
collegue.

When he open his "My Computer", a list of drives appear.
When he clicks on one of the drives, folders appear.
However, when he doubles clicks on the folder,
the "search" windows appear instead of the files within
that particular folder. Why does that happen? Why wont it
displays the files/folders within that folder itself?
Also, if you right click on the folder, the "Explore"
word should be in bold. In his case, the "Search" word is
in bold. So maybe that's the reason why it displays the
search window when he double clicks on the folder. If
that's the case, how can I restore it back to original?
Please help. It's urgent. Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about customizing computer

    Read the instructions at the top
    Scroll down to...
    18. Right hand side
    Double click on...
    Search Opens When Double Clicking A Folder

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:050401c4aaac$06e7d510$a601280a@phx.gbl,
    Michelle Lee <Michelle.Lee@rpsplc.com.au> hunted and pecked:
    > I would like to ask for some help on behalf of my
    > collegue.
    >
    > When he open his "My Computer", a list of drives appear.
    > When he clicks on one of the drives, folders appear.
    > However, when he doubles clicks on the folder,
    > the "search" windows appear instead of the files within
    > that particular folder. Why does that happen? Why wont it
    > displays the files/folders within that folder itself?
    > Also, if you right click on the folder, the "Explore"
    > word should be in bold. In his case, the "Search" word is
    > in bold. So maybe that's the reason why it displays the
    > search window when he double clicks on the folder. If
    > that's the case, how can I restore it back to original?
    > Please help. It's urgent. Thanks.

    Hi Michelle,

    Type the following at Start>Run and press enter:

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Michelle Lee" <Michelle.Lee@rpsplc.com.au> wrote in message news:050401c4aaac$06e7d510$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    >I would like to ask for some help on behalf of my
    > collegue.
    >
    > When he open his "My Computer", a list of drives appear.
    > When he clicks on one of the drives, folders appear.
    > However, when he doubles clicks on the folder,
    > the "search" windows appear instead of the files within
    > that particular folder. Why does that happen? Why wont it
    > displays the files/folders within that folder itself?
    > Also, if you right click on the folder, the "Explore"
    > word should be in bold. In his case, the "Search" word is
    > in bold. So maybe that's the reason why it displays the
    > search window when he double clicks on the folder. If
    > that's the case, how can I restore it back to original?
    > Please help. It's urgent. Thanks.

    Hi Anando!!

    Thanks for your help!! It works!! Really appreciate your
    quick reply!! Thanks a bunch!!

    Cheers,
    Michelle

    Most welcome Michelle !

    --

    "Michelle Lee" <Michelle.Lee@rpsplc.com.au> wrote in message news:3cf501c4ab43$844290d0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi Anando!!
    >
    > Thanks for your help!! It works!! Really appreciate your
    > quick reply!! Thanks a bunch!!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Michelle

Configuration Computers Customization Windows XP