  • Computers
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
October 5, 2004 4:22:10 AM

I would like to ask for some help on behalf of my
collegue.

When he open his "My Computer", a list of drives appear.
When he clicks on one of the drives, folders appear.
However, when he doubles clicks on the folder,
the "search" windows appear instead of the files within
that particular folder. Why does that happen? Why wont it
displays the files/folders within that folder itself?
Also, if you right click on the folder, the "Explore"
word should be in bold. In his case, the "Search" word is
in bold. So maybe that's the reason why it displays the
search window when he double clicks on the folder. If
that's the case, how can I restore it back to original?
Please help. It's urgent. Thanks.

More about : customizing computer

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 11:59:15 AM

Read the instructions at the top
Scroll down to...
18. Right hand side
Double click on...
Search Opens When Double Clicking A Folder

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:050401c4aaac$06e7d510$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Michelle Lee <Michelle.Lee@rpsplc.com.au> hunted and pecked:
> I would like to ask for some help on behalf of my
> collegue.
>
> When he open his "My Computer", a list of drives appear.
> When he clicks on one of the drives, folders appear.
> However, when he doubles clicks on the folder,
> the "search" windows appear instead of the files within
> that particular folder. Why does that happen? Why wont it
> displays the files/folders within that folder itself?
> Also, if you right click on the folder, the "Explore"
> word should be in bold. In his case, the "Search" word is
> in bold. So maybe that's the reason why it displays the
> search window when he double clicks on the folder. If
> that's the case, how can I restore it back to original?
> Please help. It's urgent. Thanks.
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 11:23:59 PM

Hi Michelle,

Type the following at Start>Run and press enter:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Michelle Lee" <Michelle.Lee@rpsplc.com.au> wrote in message news:050401c4aaac$06e7d510$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I would like to ask for some help on behalf of my
> collegue.
>
> When he open his "My Computer", a list of drives appear.
> When he clicks on one of the drives, folders appear.
> However, when he doubles clicks on the folder,
> the "search" windows appear instead of the files within
> that particular folder. Why does that happen? Why wont it
> displays the files/folders within that folder itself?
> Also, if you right click on the folder, the "Explore"
> word should be in bold. In his case, the "Search" word is
> in bold. So maybe that's the reason why it displays the
> search window when he double clicks on the folder. If
> that's the case, how can I restore it back to original?
> Please help. It's urgent. Thanks.
October 5, 2004 11:24:00 PM

Hi Anando!!

Thanks for your help!! It works!! Really appreciate your
quick reply!! Thanks a bunch!!

Cheers,
Michelle

Anonymous