choji7

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I'm looking to upgrade my gpu(and probably more importantly changing brands). I currently have a HIS 6870 iceq x turbo x. It was great until I had to rma it, I sent it in 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them (other companies usually send emails about if they got it, if they are going to replace/repair, about sending it back, etc...). The card I had before this was a sapphire and I had even worse luck with them, had to rma the card 3 times in 2 years, each time took 6-8 weeks and ultimately I had a faulty card when the warranty wore.

My rig:
P8Z68-V Pro Gen3
i5-2500k (h100 for cooling)
16GB DDR3 1600 (g.skill ripjaws x)
seasonic X750W
hp 2511x monitor(I believe its 60 Hz and 5ms)

I just use one display, 1080p. Mostly for video games; skyrim, batman AC, crysis, witcher 2, etc. Due to my rather poor luck with video cards over the years I'm looking for a video card company that handles their rmas very well and very swift.

I'm looking to spend at max around $300, preferably $200-250. Would like to be able to play the above games on max/near max settings and high framerates (near 60 fps, I can tell the difference between 30 and 60). Again, this is single display, 1080p.

Now that that's all done, the questions...

1) Does evga and xfx have good rma services and quick rma services?

2) Should I get 1 powerful card or sli/crossfirex 2 cheaper cards?

3) Should I get a card now or wait for February/March for the GTX 600's/HD 7000's?