Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hyper 212+ not cooling right?

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
June 20, 2012 2:13:37 AM

I have the Hyper 212+ installed and I ran ARMA 2 for about 5 mins and the temps went up to 58c, I believe that cant be right. I bought some Dynex thermal paste from best buy, and used the rice sized method and put the heat sink on. I even filled the empty slots between the heat pipes. It idles at about 38-41c and keep in mind I dont have AC at my house so my room is farely hot. But is it because of that or maybe the thermal paste sucks or maybe it wasnt even applied right. Please let me know thanks.

More about : hyper 212 cooling

Best solution

a c 199 à CPUs
June 20, 2012 2:21:11 AM

How hot is your house right now? Heatsinks work by a difference in temperatures so if your house is quite hot the CPU will be hotter than it would be if your house were cool, generally the difference between ambient temp and CPU temp is fixed for a given CPU load so if your CPU normally idles 8 C above ambient, then ambient gets increased to say 32 C your CPU is going to idle at 40C.

Do you have an OC applied right now? Also what are the rest of the specs in the system?
a b à CPUs
June 20, 2012 3:01:11 AM

Well right now its pretty cool in my room, because its only about 80 degrees outside. But yeah when it comes to mid day and I live in california. It gets pretty hot in the room. I have a small little fan I can put on the side of my case to give it more air. But dust particles would get in the case and I dont know if thats good for it. I know dust is going to get into it either way.

hunter315 said:
How hot is your house right now? Heatsinks work by a difference in temperatures so if your house is quite hot the CPU will be hotter than it would be if your house were cool, generally the difference between ambient temp and CPU temp is fixed for a given CPU load so if your CPU normally idles 8 C above ambient, then ambient gets increased to say 32 C your CPU is going to idle at 40C.

Do you have an OC applied right now? Also what are the rest of the specs in the system?

m
l
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2012 7:08:32 PM

Best answer selected by abcasperr.
m
l
Related resources
!