Gaming PC, what do you think of this?

rosamunda

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Hi there!
I´m planning a new build, and after reading a lot (and here in the forums too), I´ve come up with this... What do you think?:

Requirements
Approximate Purchase Date: March 2012
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, video editing.
Parts Not Required: keboard, mouse, speakers, monitor and DVD reader/writer. NOTE: I already have a Samsung SyncMaster BX1930 and I want the new build to work with it.
Parts Preferences: I wanted a video card NVidia and an Asus motherboard.
Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: Yes
Monitor Resolution: 1366x768.
Additional Comments: I would like a quiet pc, and a future proof machine.

This is what I was thinking:
Processor: Intel i7 2600k processor Sandy Bridge
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GTX 570 (I´ve read that even whn it´s huge, it works better than EVGA and MSI...)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 deluxe gen 3
Memory: DDR3 8 GB Sniper
HD: 1tb WD Caviar Black
Power: Any Sentey of at least 900 watts and modular
Case: I´m between: Sentey Cyclone GS-7000, Sentey Vulcano GS-6300 and Cooler master Half X (this last one is much more expensive in my country, Argentina, so I´m probably buying the Cyclone, what do you think?).

Are these compatible? Could I use them with my monitor?

As I´m a little tight on my budget, I would like to put inside my 3 older hard drives and not buy a new one, and my older 2GB memory while instead of buying a new one. Can these older stuff be used with a new build? At least for a while...

Thanks for your help!!!

Rosamunda

mvee18

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Could you please post your budget and approx. price.

I haven't heard of Sentey on good PSU's. e.g. Antec, maybe change that out. You might need an aftermarket heatsink/cooler if OC'ing.

If your monitor is VGA you may need an adapter for the 570.

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
lol!!!! your monitor resolution is very small to warrant such a rig, let alone xfire/sli (unless you plan on upgrading to a higher res)

does your monitor have dvi/hdmi? i would save a few bucks somewhere and upgrade it first.

@1366x768 a 570 is overkill. I wouldn't recommend anything more than a single 560Ti at that resolution. Also a good 650 watt PSU would be enough for most single card systems. emphasis on GOOD (Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Enermax). Those two changes should save you some money.

rosamunda

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Thanks for your replies!
In Argentina that config costs something like USD 2000.
I think I´ll have this monitor for quite some time now, but maybe I can upgrade it in the future. Will that Motherboard be future proof if I want to buy a new monitor and video card in a year or two from now?

Thanks again!!!

TRENDING THREADS