Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gaming PC, what do you think of this?

Last response: in Systems
March 4, 2012 6:16:30 PM

Hi there!
I´m planning a new build, and after reading a lot (and here in the forums too), I´ve come up with this... What do you think?:

Requirements
Approximate Purchase Date: March 2012
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, video editing.
Parts Not Required: keboard, mouse, speakers, monitor and DVD reader/writer. NOTE: I already have a Samsung SyncMaster BX1930 and I want the new build to work with it.
Parts Preferences: I wanted a video card NVidia and an Asus motherboard.
Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: Yes
Monitor Resolution: 1366x768.
Additional Comments: I would like a quiet pc, and a future proof machine.

This is what I was thinking:
Processor: Intel i7 2600k processor Sandy Bridge
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GTX 570 (I´ve read that even whn it´s huge, it works better than EVGA and MSI...)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 deluxe gen 3
Memory: DDR3 8 GB Sniper
HD: 1tb WD Caviar Black
Power: Any Sentey of at least 900 watts and modular
Case: I´m between: Sentey Cyclone GS-7000, Sentey Vulcano GS-6300 and Cooler master Half X (this last one is much more expensive in my country, Argentina, so I´m probably buying the Cyclone, what do you think?).

Are these compatible? Could I use them with my monitor?

As I´m a little tight on my budget, I would like to put inside my 3 older hard drives and not buy a new one, and my older 2GB memory while instead of buying a new one. Can these older stuff be used with a new build? At least for a while...

Thanks for your help!!!

Rosamunda

More about : gaming

March 4, 2012 11:52:49 PM

Could you please post your budget and approx. price.

I haven't heard of Sentey on good PSU's. e.g. Antec, maybe change that out. You might need an aftermarket heatsink/cooler if OC'ing.

If your monitor is VGA you may need an adapter for the 570.
March 5, 2012 12:24:08 AM

lol!!!! your monitor resolution is very small to warrant such a rig, let alone xfire/sli (unless you plan on upgrading to a higher res)

does your monitor have dvi/hdmi? i would save a few bucks somewhere and upgrade it first.
Related resources

Best solution

March 5, 2012 12:24:18 AM

That computer is serious overkill for 1366x768. If you want quiet, get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... two of them. Other quiet choices include any of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
March 5, 2012 12:26:03 AM

rosamunda said:
Hi there!
I´m planning a new build, and after reading a lot (and here in the forums too), I´ve come up with this... What do you think?:

Requirements
Approximate Purchase Date: March 2012
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, video editing.
Parts Not Required: keboard, mouse, speakers, monitor and DVD reader/writer. NOTE: I already have a Samsung SyncMaster BX1930 and I want the new build to work with it.
Parts Preferences: I wanted a video card NVidia and an Asus motherboard.
Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: Yes
Monitor Resolution: 1366x768.
Additional Comments: I would like a quiet pc, and a future proof machine.

This is what I was thinking:
Processor: Intel i7 2600k processor Sandy Bridge
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GTX 570 (I´ve read that even whn it´s huge, it works better than EVGA and MSI...)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 deluxe gen 3
Memory: DDR3 8 GB Sniper
HD: 1tb WD Caviar Black
Power: Any Sentey of at least 900 watts and modular
Case: I´m between: Sentey Cyclone GS-7000, Sentey Vulcano GS-6300 and Cooler master Half X (this last one is much more expensive in my country, Argentina, so I´m probably buying the Cyclone, what do you think?).

Are these compatible? Could I use them with my monitor?

As I´m a little tight on my budget, I would like to put inside my 3 older hard drives and not buy a new one, and my older 2GB memory while instead of buying a new one. Can these older stuff be used with a new build? At least for a while...

Thanks for your help!!!

Rosamunda

@1366x768 a 570 is overkill. I wouldn't recommend anything more than a single 560Ti at that resolution. Also a good 650 watt PSU would be enough for most single card systems. emphasis on GOOD (Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Enermax). Those two changes should save you some money.
March 5, 2012 2:43:17 AM

Thanks for your replies!
In Argentina that config costs something like USD 2000.
I think I´ll have this monitor for quite some time now, but maybe I can upgrade it in the future. Will that Motherboard be future proof if I want to buy a new monitor and video card in a year or two from now?

Thanks again!!!
March 10, 2012 5:28:46 PM

Best answer selected by Rosamunda.
!