Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Goes into Standby Mode after Gaming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2012 12:57:58 AM

Hi, I've been having this problem for about a month now and I don't know what could possibly be wrong. Every time I am playing a game on my computer (WoW or SC2 on low settings) my monitor will eventually go into standby mode. Sometimes this happens after one hour of gaming and sometimes it happens after 10 minutes of gaming. The monitor will go into standby mode, but the computer is still running. The only way to fix it is to restart the computer until it happens again.

I have cleaned out all dust from my computer and made sure that the cables are fine. I have no viruses either. I have a 600W PSU for a NVIDIA GEFORCE 9400 GT GPU.

I honestly don't know what could be wrong and I really want a fix to this. Is my Graphics card somehow bad? I've only had it for a little over a year and have taken good care of my computer components. Please help.
January 2, 2012 3:16:38 AM

I've been running a program for the past hour and the usual temp my GPU reaches is around 87 C. When I run a game like WoW for 5 minutes it is still at around 85 C to 88 C temp.

Is my GPU overheating?
m
l
a c 85 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 2, 2012 3:32:52 AM

that is realy high temp,soon it will be time for a new graphic card
m
l
Related resources
!