Sufficient power supply?

Solution
You will be fine with the Corsair 430CX, manufacturers have to state much more than the system actually needs to accommodate all systems including those with very power hungry CPUs, and to help compensate for POS PSUs like that hec.

Important thing to know about modern computers, since the era of the Pentium 4 80% of a computers power has been drawn from the 12 V rail of the PSU, the CPU and GPU are both powered directly from that source. The hec unit you linked has a single 12 V source capable of providing up to 18 A(216 W) which is absolutely pathetic for a unit that claims to be able to do over 500W, the problem is that unit is a design from before the P4 era when the CPU was still fed from the 5 V rail, it is also rated at peak...

DarkHart07

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

Thing is I need at least 550w

Also, could you point out what makes it junk? I dunno much about PSUs

You will be fine with the Corsair 430CX, manufacturers have to state much more than the system actually needs to accommodate all systems including those with very power hungry CPUs, and to help compensate for POS PSUs like that hec.

Important thing to know about modern computers, since the era of the Pentium 4 80% of a computers power has been drawn from the 12 V rail of the PSU, the CPU and GPU are both powered directly from that source. The hec unit you linked has a single 12 V source capable of providing up to 18 A(216 W) which is absolutely pathetic for a unit that claims to be able to do over 500W, the problem is that unit is a design from before the P4 era when the CPU was still fed from the 5 V rail, it is also rated at peak power(what it can do for a very very short amount of time), not what it can sustain for a long time which makes it seem more powerful when it is actually far weaker for a modern system's needs.

The 430CX has a single 12 V rail rated for up to 28 A(336 W) making it significantly more powerful than the "585W" unit from hec, primarily because it is rated for 430 W of continuous power output and can sustain that at high temperatures and for a long time.

The 430 CX will power your system just fine, the hec is likely to be under powered and fail within 2 years.

Solution

DarkHart07

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

But, even still, my card alone says it needs like 450w of power, and the CPU like another 100, will it really be fine?

The card alone doesn't require 450W, that's recommended TOTAL system wattage. And like hunter said above, GPU manufacturers overshoot the recommendations for crap PSU's.

The 6750's max power consumption (at stock) is actually 86W.

The power rating listed by the card is the recommended power supply size for the system as a whole, NOT for the GPU by itself. Your CPU will consume around 100 W, but the 6750 has a rated power of only 86 W, overall your system is unlikely to draw more than 240 W from the wall. Sadly this is the best power consumption chart i could find, the yellow bar is the system with the 6750 in it, it has an i7 920 @ 3.6GHz which is sucking down a fair amount of power and giving higher than average numbers but even with the OC'd CPU and OCing the GPU they still pull only 273 W from the wall under full load.
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_hd6670_ultimate_hd6750_hd6770/18.htm

Edit: Must learn to google faster!