Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Any last words for me before I hit purchase on this build?

Last response: in Systems
March 4, 2012 9:49:33 PM

Case - Antec 900 (re-using my old case)
CPU - Intel Core i5 2500k
Heatsink - Arctic Cooler 7 (re-using from current machine)
Motherboard - ASRock Extreme 3
Videocard - XFX Radeon 6870
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 8g (4g pair)
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar 500g Sata 3.0 (re-using from current machine)
PSU - OCZ StealthXStream2 600w (re-using from current machine)
OS - Windows 7

Keyboard - Saitek Eclipse III
Mouse - RAZER DeathAdder

Total cost of the upgrade is $781.93 shipped from the egg.

The case, hard drive, PSU and heatsink are being salvaged everything else is new.

Goal of the machine is to be efficient gaming PC, nothing crazy capable of BF3 but it is going to be used for Diablo III mostly, if the game even exists... :sarcastic: 
March 4, 2012 10:41:17 PM

it looks good
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 4, 2012 11:13:13 PM

Personally, I could do without the $60 mouse if it was my machine, but everything else looks solid.
m
l
Related resources
March 5, 2012 12:19:12 AM

Not a big fan of the case since the 900s lack proper cable management and have no way of mounting the PSU except for upside down.

I do have one question though, is that a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro or the 7 Pro Rev 2? In order for it to work with LGA1155 it needs to be the Rev 2.
m
l

Best solution

March 5, 2012 1:11:48 AM

nymedic828 said:
I have this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Im using the case because I have it and why fix what aint broke right?

I REALLY want the Antec Lanboy... that thing is awesome.

Good. You have the Rev 2. That will work on the 2500K. Just not sure how well you can overclock with it though.

As for the 900, its nice to save money but as I said its a outdated case with a few issues. The biggest is the PSU. The PSU fan will be fighting the GPU fan for air.

As for the Lanboy, still not a fan of the HDD mounting nd the cable management is meh. Plus all the ones we have at work for some reason the front 3.5mm jacks don't work right. Wont hold the plug in. Not sure if it was a bad batch or just the design.
March 5, 2012 1:22:31 AM

jimmysmitty said:
Good. You have the Rev 2. That will work on the 2500K. Just not sure how well you can overclock with it though.

As for the 900, its nice to save money but as I said its a outdated case with a few issues. The biggest is the PSU. The PSU fan will be fighting the GPU fan for air.

As for the Lanboy, still not a fan of the HDD mounting nd the cable management is meh. Plus all the ones we have at work for some reason the front 3.5mm jacks don't work right. Wont hold the plug in. Not sure if it was a bad batch or just the design.

I don't plan to OC right off the bat since I don't even know how yet, so for now the fan is alright?

Other than the case, which I can change any time but i've never had a problem with how the PSU is, is the rest solid?

m
l
March 5, 2012 3:01:04 AM

nymedic828 said:
I don't plan to OC right off the bat since I don't even know how yet, so for now the fan is alright?

Other than the case, which I can change any time but i've never had a problem with how the PSU is, is the rest solid?

Yea the fan should be fine for stock and the rest is perfect.
m
l
March 5, 2012 8:20:37 AM

Thanks everyone.

I had some insomnia going on last night and got out of bed and bought the computer to make myself feel better lol. I deserve a gift right :D 
m
l
March 5, 2012 8:21:03 AM

Best answer selected by NYMedic828.
m
l
!