thealexobrown

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hey guys, im at an utter loss with this.
I recently upgraded from a nvidea g100 to a radeon hd4600 series, i removed all the old drivers and installed the new ones. then this started
, it looks like close up grass generating :/ it makes all my games pretty much unplayable :/ , i doesnt flash or flicker, and if i brake on my racing games, and its still there when i stop, itll stay there until i move again, where itll seem like i drive through it.
i thought it was a directx problem so i uninstalled directx 9.0c and reinstalled it, then the drivers again. (that was hard enough ill tell you)
and it's still here.
im running wondows xp 32 bit with:
ASrock dual-vsta http://asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775Dual-VSTA
340 watt PSU
2 gbs of ddr2 ram
intel 775 dual core running at 3.0 ghz

if you need any more specs or anything please ask :) the radeon is in a pcie x4 slot
p.s. my screen also freezes and restarts when im running skype video calls and another application, somthing it never used to do

SO much thanks owed to anyone who can help :)

thealexobrown

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
to anyone who was interested at all, nothing worked, until i bought a new motherboard, card like the 9800gt need a motherboard with a 24 pin connecotr, now it runs pretty much fine

thealexobrown

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
mm. ish. i get a benchmark of 166 though, whereas i should be getting in the 500s, so if anyone has any advice on that? should i start a new thread?

thealexobrown

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
i ran video card stability test by the freestone group? it finished at 166 fps and according to its chats the 9800gt gets around 560 :/ ive got an asus p5w deluxe and 600w power supply, the card needs no external power :/ and yes i did :(

honestly i never heard of those software before. maybe you can try something like unigine tropics or heaven which much more common benchmarking software for most people and reviewer.

btw you mention that your 9800GT does not have external power and i believe that might well contribute to your low score. often such a card was slower than their original counter part. another example is galaxy 9600GT Eco version which does not require 6 pin to run but perform much slower than the normal 9600GT