• Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
March 5, 2012 2:04:02 AM

Hello,
I have decided I want to leave the console gaming world and start PC Gaming. Only problem is, I am an amateur in this area; in fact, I have only known MAC computers my entire life, but we all know they suck for gaming! I am faced with a few options. They are: Buy a Gaming Desktop, or BUILD a Gaming Desktop. I am a pretty smart kid, and a strong learner and great researcher. I have sources so I am fairly confident I can build a computer unless it is harder than I think. I need some help on this guys. I would like to spend no more than $1800-$1900 on the ENTIRE SETUP, (Pro Headset, Gaming Controller, Keyboard, Single decent monitor, Mouse, and Computer). What do you think I should do? Any advice? Build or not build? Any companies I should turn to? Im really stuck here guys.

More about : gaming options bad

a b B Homebuilt system
March 5, 2012 2:16:38 AM

Without a doubt, build it yourself.

http://pcpartpicker.com/

Great tool to keep you from making basic compatibility mistakes while also giving you an idea of prices from various online/bnm sites.
m
l
March 5, 2012 2:28:23 AM

Quote:
Hello,
I have decided I want to leave the console gaming world and start PC Gaming. Only problem is, I am an amateur in this area; in fact, I have only known MAC computers my entire life, but we all know they suck for gaming! I am faced with a few options. They are: Buy a Gaming Desktop, or BUILD a Gaming Desktop. I am a pretty smart kid, and a strong learner and great researcher. I have sources so I am fairly confident I can build a computer unless it is harder than I think. I need some help on this guys. I would like to spend no more than $1800-$1900 on the ENTIRE SETUP, (Pro Headset, Gaming Controller, Keyboard, Single decent monitor, Mouse, and Computer). What do you think I should do? Any advice? Build or not build? Any companies I should turn to? Im really stuck here guys.

Yes, build it yourslef! With that budget you can uild a really nice machine.......
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
March 5, 2012 2:37:58 AM

I just feel like building it myself, i wont get the best quality. Am i just being stupid on this? Forgive me but my mind is seduced into an Apple Toybox, so i feel like if its not built for me its not the best. What you guys are saying is building is def the best? or just the cheapest?
m
l
March 5, 2012 2:42:50 AM

Build it man. You will end up with better components and you will have a clear upgrade path. I do suggest that you go ahead and price the headset, controller and the like you just have to have first. As a gamer sometimes those are areas we aren't willing to compromise on. Do that and then you know what you have left for the build. As has been said, you have the budget for a nice setup. Building will also teach yuo skills you will use the rest of your life. All the best to you.
m
l
March 5, 2012 2:44:25 AM

dont burn money on the controler, embrace the epicness of mouse+keyboard
m
l
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
March 5, 2012 2:49:31 AM

I just read on reasons not to use a controller. My keyboard mouse and headset are pretty much done on choice. Logitech G9X, Logitech G110 Keyboard and the headset I'm still pondering, but no more then $150. However that being said, Im 18 with a lot of time to invest and I hold 2 jobs to fund this. That being said, if I can't get them right away I will afford them somehow. The main goal is the right computer; but, I do NOT want to go overkill on this. I just wanna be able to run games like BF3, Skyrim, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3 on pretty decent/high settings with no issue. So if i can avoid spending $800 on stuff that is really unneeded, I'd like to lol.
m
l
March 5, 2012 2:57:42 AM

Make sure you take a good look at the graphics gaming charts here at Toms. That will give you an idea which GPU you want to go with. Also do not skimp on your PSU, single most important piece you will buy. You will probably be looking at an Intel 2500k, a 1155 Z mobo to your liking and a good single gpu. Since your starting on this now wait until AMD releases the 7850/7870s, if expectations are correct you will probably end up with one of those cards.
m
l
March 5, 2012 3:00:12 AM

:o  wow due you can rock with a high end PC with killer perfomance :ouch: 
If you want to buy a per-assembled company pc
I say go with alienware go to (http://www.alienware.com/) for more details.
In this website you can customize the parts for your PC (This would be a better idea.)
Alienware Aurora would be cool
The perfomance is per-configured(i,e CPU,GPU,PSU,CPU Cooler,etc..) and its awesome.
I don't think you should alter anything there(select a monitor if you like any ) :hello: 
personalize the PC and get your desired gaming RIG (I mean select keyboard mouse controller etc)

Hope this helped :) 
m
l
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
March 5, 2012 3:40:46 AM

I was wondering, if i would skip the build process and buy a Digital Storm ODE, level 1? Is that a good enough computer to play how I want to play? Or can i actually build a better or equal computer for cheaper?
m
l
March 5, 2012 4:15:59 AM

Quote:
I was wondering, if i would skip the build process and buy a Digital Storm ODE, level 1? Is that a good enough computer to play how I want to play? Or can i actually build a better or equal computer for cheaper?

Hey man you don't have to build any thing just select the keyboard, mouse,headset,game controller you want
That's all you have to do
m
l
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
March 5, 2012 9:31:59 PM

Im mainly concerned if buying Digital Storm Ode Level 1 is worth the money it is, or can I build a better machine for perhaps cheaper or same price?
m
l
March 5, 2012 11:40:49 PM

Quote:
Im mainly concerned if buying Digital Storm Ode Level 1 is worth the money it is, or can I build a better machine for perhaps cheaper or same price?

Alienware Aurora would be cool
m
l
!