Anyone with Their New Build has 3 24" Monitors on 42.5" Desk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
It can be made to work, the main thing is can your card max three 24" monitors?
I'm not familiar with the Xfx 7970's max resolution and cba googling, too tired after nightshift sorry :)
but if your card can handle it, which I think it should, then yes you can fashion braces to hold the two outside monitors to the middle one if there isn't room for the bases on the desk
Moto
It can be made to work, the main thing is can your card max three 24" monitors?
I'm not familiar with the Xfx 7970's max resolution and cba googling, too tired after nightshift sorry :)
but if your card can handle it, which I think it should, then yes you can fashion braces to hold the two outside monitors to the middle one if there isn't room for the bases on the desk
Moto

Solution

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
I don't see how you can fit 3x24" monitors on a 42.5" desk. Side to side my 23.6" monitor is 21.75" wide on my 40" wide desk. Draw yourself a picture.
Fashion brces, pffft! Go get a standard 30" wide hollow core door at Home Depot and set it on sawhorses or C-clamp it to your existing desk.

If you can find the money, I've heard Ergotron's triple display stand is quite good ($250 though).

You'll probably need some more GPU power to run a large triple display setup. You'd essentially need at least 3x560Tis to run most games on High, so I'd imagine 2x7970s might work.

Alyus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

I plan to crossfire, thanks for your concern.

Cool, I suspected but you hadn't mentioned :)
and I think my bracing idea is a lot cheaper, more practical and better looking than lobbing a door onto some sawhorses Delroy :p
not to mention comonly used,
things like this http://www.1-computerdesks.com/images/Diwei/DQD23STB_telescopic.jpg
just screw into the rear of your monitor, I'd rather plan the mod myself and pay £20 for a strip of metal than £150 for one in a box
Moto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts