Status
Not open for further replies.

jscynder

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Well my video card finally died a soldiers death. I was in the middle of playing Fallout new vegas when I smelt an ozone smell right before I recieved a very corrupted Bsod (random pixels and lines) After about 2 minutes of poking around I noticed a faint scortch mark on the back side of my video card where a wire from the fan had sat and apparently gotten warm enough to melt the insulation and shorted the card :cry: I am hear to ask for opinions for a replacement till I can save the money for a good card. And as a bonus I will use the template provided by restatement3dofted based on theAnimal's post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next month or so.

BUDGET RANGE: Preferably under $100 Before rebates

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Some gaming up to and including fallout new vegas and world of warcraft, some videos, and very light picture editing.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Currently using integrated nvidia geforce 7025. The PSU is a Rosewill Performance 600W Model # RP600V2-S-SL

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: The mother board is a Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2P Rev 3.1, Running 8GB G. skill stealth ram, and windows ultimate 64-bit

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I prefer Newegg but I will look into other sites that others have had realativly good experiences with.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: U.S.A. namely California

PARTS PREFERENCES: I would prefer nothing from ZOTAC or Powercolor maybe others have had good times with them but after several failed cards over the years including this one I would like to avoid them.

OVERCLOCKING: Most likely not as Im not experienced enough to feel comfortable doing so.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600X900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: A card that can actually use the PCIe power ports on my PSU would be nice as I laugh at seeing them zip tied to the side of the case, But thats more of an asthetic thing that proformance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jscynder

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Alright On another thought I know people have gone back and forth about this and its kinda off topic... Is there a conflict between Ati graphics and Nivdia chip set MB's? I don't want to have an issue if I spend $100+ on a vid card.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
2.1 is made for 2.0 PCI-E slots. No motherboards have the 2.1 slots. The 6770 is the cheapest I would consider, considering what you want to play. Since you live in California and newegg would charge tax, look on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004X8EODY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1325509099&sr=8-6&condition=new $100
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004Z5GRVW/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1325509059&sr=8-3&condition=new $110
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004ZCHWBY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1325509059&sr=8-1&condition=new $120
All about the same but depends on which brand you like the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.