Halo 2

Hey,
I have a question. How many people have Halo 2, and how would you
rate it on a scale from 1 to 10?
I'm just curious, because I'm thinking about renting it.
-
B-Rad
14 answers Last reply
More about halo

    i received it for christmas. i finished it within one week of casual
    playing. it was a good game, but overall the impact was nowhere near as
    powerful as the original game. i also thought the ending was weak. i'm
    not on Live!, so i cannot speak from that perspective. it's definitely
    worth renting. as for buying... well... hmm.

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:53:37 -0500, in article
    <7pOdnW13Ctg-gbjfRVn-hQ@suscom.com>, Dude\ drawled...

    >Hey,
    > I have a question. How many people have Halo 2, and how would you
    >rate it on a scale from 1 to 10?
    >I'm just curious, because I'm thinking about renting it.
    >-
    > B-Rad

    I have it. I think its just a bit below the original Halo, mostly because the
    story-line seemed a bit short to me. I give it an 8.

    But JEEZ! Rent the damn thing and find out for yourself.

    --
    Sir Real http://www.sirrealcomix.ws/
    tosspam@aol.com abuse@aol.com abuse@yahoo.com abuse@hotmail.com

    Supra(Dude) wrote:
    > Hey,
    > I have a question. How many people have Halo 2, and how would
    you
    > rate it on a scale from 1 to 10?
    > I'm just curious, because I'm thinking about renting it.
    > -
    > B-Rad

    Depends on if you have Live!

    Rent if you do not, buy the game if you do (or plan to)if you do and
    enjoy online play.

    I would suggest buy it if you have broadband since this comes with
    2months trial live. You can cancel it after 2 months if you wish and
    sell the game and whatever money you end up spending, it will be worth
    it for 2 months.

    The game is about online play only, IMHO.

    Halo 2 should go down as a big disappointment. The Campaign fails to
    deliver an experience that is substantially better than the original.
    Online is an ever bigger disappointment though. The gameplay is great
    but it is the rampant cheating that kills the whole experience.
    Passing flags through walls, grabbing flags through floors, dying with
    the flag and spawning back at your base with it...too many to name.
    Disappointing because it is a great online game.

    If I could play matchmaking and opt out of CTF I would. I have a huge
    friends list but when you play for stats you can't control who you will
    lay against. I would rather play other games for stats than play a
    custom game.

    AndrewV

    "Supra(Dude)" <b-Rad@suscom.net> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    > I have a question. How many people have Halo 2, and how would you
    > rate it on a scale from 1 to 10?
    > I'm just curious, because I'm thinking about renting it.

    H2 has some improvements over Halo in the single-player campaign.
    Duel-wielding weapons, lock-on rocket launchers, no-death jumps from any
    heights, no med packs, minimal load times, new enemies. But as has been
    written, the story has some twists which are good, but the ending is just
    plain frustrating.

    However, multiplayer is where H2 shines. The on-line portion is absolutely
    addicting. If you have XBL, then H2 is a must.

    I haven't touched single player in both games. But i've thrashed
    multiplayer/system link/live to death. So for me, defintiely worth the
    price of admission.

    "andrewv" <avanspronsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Halo 2 should go down as a big disappointment. The Campaign fails to
    > deliver an experience that is substantially better than the original.
    > Online is an ever bigger disappointment though. The gameplay is great
    > but it is the rampant cheating that kills the whole experience.
    > Passing flags through walls, grabbing flags through floors, dying with
    > the flag and spawning back at your base with it...too many to name.
    > Disappointing because it is a great online game.

    Don't you have anyone on your friends list? You don't have to play with
    strangers all the time.
    If you don't like CTF, why do you play it?

    > If I could play matchmaking and opt out of CTF I would. I have a huge
    > friends list but when you play for stats you can't control who you will
    > lay against. I would rather play other games for stats than play a
    > custom game.
    >
    > AndrewV

    OK, to each his own. I like playing for stats about 10% of the time.
    I have more fun playing with people I know. AFAIK, most of my friends are
    legit players. I have a few who like to discover glitches and I enjoy doing
    that also, but I don't use them in rumble pit matches.
    I guess I've been lucky. I've only played one game with cheaters... using
    the dummy warthog glitch or whatever its called.

    "Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message

    > I guess I've been lucky. I've only played one game with cheaters... using
    > the dummy warthog glitch or whatever its called.

    What's that glitch?

    "andrewv" <avanspronsen@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Passing flags through walls,

    Zanzibar? Throwing it thru the bars of the gate isn't too outrageous of an
    explaination. Where else can this be done?

    > dying with
    > the flag and spawning back at your base with it

    How do you do that???!!!???

    A Man, Just Like Other Men wrote:
    > "andrewv" <avanspronsen@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Passing flags through walls,
    >

    > Zanzibar? Throwing it thru the bars of the gate isn't too outrageous of an
    > explaination. Where else can this be done?
    >

    >>dying with
    >>the flag and spawning back at your base with it
    >

    > How do you do that???!!!???

    it's almost as if we shouldn't tell you....

    "A Man, Just Like Other Men" <Nada2Spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> I guess I've been lucky. I've only played one game with cheaters... using
    >> the dummy warthog glitch or whatever its called.
    >

    > What's that glitch?

    I don't know how to do it, but if you're ever playing CTF on Coagulation and
    see an empty warthog headed for your base, you're about to lose.

    > "A Man, Just Like Other Men" <Nada2Spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message

    >>> I guess I've been lucky. I've only played one game with cheaters...
    >>> using the dummy warthog glitch or whatever its called.

    >> What's that glitch?

    > I don't know how to do it, but if you're ever playing CTF on Coagulation
    > and see an empty warthog headed for your base, you're about to lose.

    Oh I'm totally curious now. Details, please. What does the empty warthog
    do?

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games