Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

If I gained 300 pounds could they still draft me?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 3:32:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat guy in Full Metal
Jacket?
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 7:23:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

stevelionelyoung@hotmail.com wrote:
> Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat guy in Full Metal
> Jacket?
>
NO. There IS NO DRAFT!


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 9:17:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I don't think there is a need for a draft... currently the military
wants GOOD quality professional operators. Especially in this "terror"
war, Special Ops teams are the best bet to combat highly intelligent
and resourceful militant groups.

This is not a slaughterhouse military operation like Vietnam. Of course
mamy many thousands died in Vietnam for no good cause. Invading Vietnam
does not make America any more "free". The neo-cons of course love war,
they profit off of it. The true patriots in this country believe in a
more isolationist approach.

A neo-con is someone who calls himself a patriot and believes you must
agree with everything the government does to be "patriotic" That is
like driving the cattle to the slaughter folks.
Related resources
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 10:06:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

STATE MILITIA wrote:
> I don't think there is a need for a draft... currently the military
> wants GOOD quality professional operators. Especially in this "terror"
> war, Special Ops teams are the best bet to combat highly intelligent
> and resourceful militant groups.
>
> This is not a slaughterhouse military operation like Vietnam. Of course
> mamy many thousands died in Vietnam for no good cause. Invading Vietnam
> does not make America any more "free". The neo-cons of course love war,
> they profit off of it. The true patriots in this country believe in a
> more isolationist approach.
>
> A neo-con is someone who calls himself a patriot and believes you must
> agree with everything the government does to be "patriotic" That is
> like driving the cattle to the slaughter folks.
>

I hate to break it to you but there was a talk given at a seminar on the
directions of the new army in the 21st century given at the American
Enterprise Institute in February of this year.

In a talk given by a Maj General in charge of force development, and a
another speech by a special Operations Brigade commander in which the
central theme was that the best and most efficient soldiers, given the
complexity of modern warfare are those between 28 and 32 years old.

The days of Audie Murphy grabbing a machine gun on the top of a burning
tank to engage the enemy single handed are over. Modern warfare now
relies on the maturity of the front line soldier to properly analyze the
situation, select and prioritize the targets, employ the best weapon and
most efficient weapon for each particular target, and to pick the most
efficient and effective solution among a set of possible solutions.

The upshot is that the military is going to have to be more selective
and not less. The military is going to have to select it's people early
and send them through the best schools, including graduate and post grad
degrees at our best Universities before they become privates.

In order to do this we are going to have to pay our people well with
privates making what Jr. partners at law firms and accounting firms
make. (Initially $100,000 +) and Generals will have to be paid more
than most CEO's. Of course Generals will be expected to have their Ph
d's in more than one discipline.

The day is going to come when Harvard, Yale, MIT, Columbia, Cal Tech,
Stanford, Berkley and others, will have to accept the candidates of the
Military or lose their government contracts, grants, funding and their
tax exempt status just to stay in business.

--
He who establishes a tyranny and does not kill Brutus,
and he who establishes a democratic regime and does not kill
the sons of Brutus, will not last long.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 10:47:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Steve wrote:
Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat
guy in Full Metal Jacket?

===========

Once you are actually in the military: Yes, they can do quite a bit to
encourage you to lose weight and get in shape. They can make your
life a living hell.

However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
draft. They can't force you to lose weight to meet draft requirements.
And they can't draft you with the intention of making you lose the
weight after you are in.

My cousin did the opposite during the Vietnam War - he was already
thin and he dropped quite a few pound in order to be below minimum
weight for his height (about 6' 2"). He was required to go through the
process every 6 months - basically going through the pre-induction
physical twice a year.

It's been 40 years, but I still refuse to talk to that cowardly little maggot.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 12:56:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 03:23:39 -0500, Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net>
wrote:

>stevelionelyoung@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat guy in Full Metal
>> Jacket?
>>
>NO. There IS NO DRAFT!


Yet. But something's got to give.
Nobody's volunteering these days.
Jeez, I wonder why...

Be the first one on your block to
have your boy come home in a box.


rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 1:22:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

One of my profs in college actually got himself out of the draft during
Nam this way; he ate nothing but "country ham" (a very-salty Southern
ham) for the three weeks prior to his draft physical. Not
surprisingly, he had high blood pressure - and was declared 4-F (unfit
for service).
Why should YOU - or your kid - comply with any possible draft when
JENNA won't be going to the front in Iraq with you?

Save on gas! Shop the http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:08:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
draft."

What draft?
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:17:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

dre wrote:
> > We have legions of high school graduates who cannot name the four
> > oceans.
> > We have multitudes of college graduates who cannot add two fractions.
> > I know of an instance in which a newly graduated electrical engineer
> > went to work on the first day of his first job (the engineering firm
> > recruited him based on his high grades) and he needed a crash course on
> > reading electrical blueprints.
> > If the Pentagon wants to field a truly educated military, it may need
> > to hire a corps of ruler-wielding Catholic nuns to whip recruits into
> shape
> > during the first few weeks of basic, before handing them over to the DI's.
> > We're a nation of mental couch potatos.
> >
> >
> bush has the same education?oh boy....

Bush has a Harvard MBA, which requires the mental powers of a clothes
pin.
> >
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:20:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Gideon" <zerospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:F7coe.22528$XA6.2892@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com...
> Steve wrote:
> Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat
> guy in Full Metal Jacket?
>
> ===========
>
> Once you are actually in the military: Yes, they can do quite a bit to
> encourage you to lose weight and get in shape. They can make your
> life a living hell.
>
> However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
> draft. They can't force you to lose weight to meet draft requirements.
> And they can't draft you with the intention of making you lose the
> weight after you are in.
>
> My cousin did the opposite during the Vietnam War - he was already
> thin and he dropped quite a few pound in order to be below minimum
> weight for his height (about 6' 2"). He was required to go through the
> process every 6 months - basically going through the pre-induction
> physical twice a year.
>
> It's been 40 years, but I still refuse to talk to that cowardly little
> maggot<




From your Cousin's point of view it hardly matters, since he also wouldn't
have heard from you if he was buried somewhere in Vietnam.

I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.

She pointed out Nixon's plan to drown tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands
of Vietnamese civilians by bombing the dykes that held back floodwaters.

The 'Gung-Ho' glory of war is all very well - but many young men are forced
to grow old and face eternity burdened by the terrible crimes they committed
to please politicians and generals.

Let them commit their own murders, if that's what they want - your soul is
too precious to lose on their behalf.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:20:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Trapezium wrote:
> "Gideon" <zerospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:F7coe.22528$XA6.2892@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com...
>
>>Steve wrote:
>>Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat
>>guy in Full Metal Jacket?
>>
>>===========
>>
>>Once you are actually in the military: Yes, they can do quite a bit to
>>encourage you to lose weight and get in shape. They can make your
>>life a living hell.
>>
>>However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
>>draft. They can't force you to lose weight to meet draft requirements.
>>And they can't draft you with the intention of making you lose the
>>weight after you are in.
>>
>>My cousin did the opposite during the Vietnam War - he was already
>>thin and he dropped quite a few pound in order to be below minimum
>>weight for his height (about 6' 2"). He was required to go through the
>>process every 6 months - basically going through the pre-induction
>>physical twice a year.
>>
>>It's been 40 years, but I still refuse to talk to that cowardly little
>>maggot<
>
>
>
>
>
> From your Cousin's point of view it hardly matters, since he also wouldn't
> have heard from you if he was buried somewhere in Vietnam.
>
> I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
> listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.
>
> She pointed out Nixon's plan to drown tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands
> of Vietnamese civilians by bombing the dykes that held back floodwaters.
>
> The 'Gung-Ho' glory of war is all very well - but many young men are forced
> to grow old and face eternity burdened by the terrible crimes they committed
> to please politicians and generals.
>
> Let them commit their own murders, if that's what they want - your soul is
> too precious to lose on their behalf.
>
>
I would be the first to agree with you regarding killing and being
killed for ones Leaders, (Reads Country), IF you can give me an
alternative to gaining/maintaining freedoms for that country. All I
ever hear is the complaining about war, but no one bothers to come up
with a way to replace it. Why is that?

Ed
USA Ret
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 3:01:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

WTF does this have to do with digital photography? Stop crossposting.

<stevelionelyoung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117866764.208585.189500@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat guy in Full Metal
> Jacket?
>
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 3:01:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Trapezium wrote:

(mercy snipage occurs)

> I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
> listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.

then *YOU* keep the bitch.

'nuff said.

redc1c4,
pointing out the obvious to the oblivious.
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
June 4, 2005 3:32:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

stevelionelyoung@hotmail.com wrote:
> Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat guy in Full Metal
> Jacket?
>

There is no draft, at least now. Stop obsessing and keep up with what is happening.
June 4, 2005 3:40:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Trapezium wrote:

Nothing worth reading.
June 4, 2005 3:42:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

STATE MILITIA wrote:

> I'd like to be drafted, that way I can be in a foxhole with other men.

Luckily for them, they'll have plenty of ammo.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:12:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <F7coe.22528$XA6.2892@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>, zerospam@yahoo.com says...
>
>Steve wrote:
>Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat
>guy in Full Metal Jacket?
>
>===========
>
>Once you are actually in the military: Yes, they can do quite a bit to
>encourage you to lose weight and get in shape. They can make your
>life a living hell.
>
>However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
>draft. They can't force you to lose weight to meet draft requirements.
>And they can't draft you with the intention of making you lose the
>weight after you are in.
>
>My cousin did the opposite during the Vietnam War - he was already
>thin and he dropped quite a few pound in order to be below minimum
>weight for his height (about 6' 2"). He was required to go through the
>process every 6 months - basically going through the pre-induction
>physical twice a year.
>
>It's been 40 years, but I still refuse to talk to that cowardly little maggot.

Do I take this to mean that when Uncle Sam called, you ran to answer?

Or were you never put to the test as he was, and are speakling on principle?

FW
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:15:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Trapezium wrote:
> "Gideon" <zerospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:F7coe.22528$XA6.2892@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com...
>
>>Steve wrote:
>>Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat
>>guy in Full Metal Jacket?
>>
>>===========
>>
>>Once you are actually in the military: Yes, they can do quite a bit to
>>encourage you to lose weight and get in shape. They can make your
>>life a living hell.
>>
>>However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
>>draft. They can't force you to lose weight to meet draft requirements.
>>And they can't draft you with the intention of making you lose the
>>weight after you are in.
>>
>>My cousin did the opposite during the Vietnam War - he was already
>>thin and he dropped quite a few pound in order to be below minimum
>>weight for his height (about 6' 2"). He was required to go through the
>>process every 6 months - basically going through the pre-induction
>>physical twice a year.
>>
>>It's been 40 years, but I still refuse to talk to that cowardly little
>>maggot<
>
>
>
>
>
> From your Cousin's point of view it hardly matters, since he also wouldn't
> have heard from you if he was buried somewhere in Vietnam.
>
> I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
> listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.
>
> She pointed out Nixon's plan to drown tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands
> of Vietnamese civilians by bombing the dykes that held back floodwaters.
>
> The 'Gung-Ho' glory of war is all very well - but many young men are forced
> to grow old and face eternity burdened by the terrible crimes they committed
> to please politicians and generals.
>
> Let them commit their own murders, if that's what they want - your soul is
> too precious to lose on their behalf.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
There speaks ignorance, and cowardice. And you believe a traitor like
Jane Fonda? Well, that figures.


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:17:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

STATE MILITIA wrote:
> I don't think there is a need for a draft... currently the military
> wants GOOD quality professional operators. Especially in this "terror"
> war, Special Ops teams are the best bet to combat highly intelligent
> and resourceful militant groups.
>
> This is not a slaughterhouse military operation like Vietnam. Of course
> mamy many thousands died in Vietnam for no good cause. Invading Vietnam
> does not make America any more "free". The neo-cons of course love war,
> they profit off of it. The true patriots in this country believe in a
> more isolationist approach.
>
> A neo-con is someone who calls himself a patriot and believes you must
> agree with everything the government does to be "patriotic" That is
> like driving the cattle to the slaughter folks.
>
No one 'loves war'. NO ONE!
But there are things worth one's life to preserve. If you want to know
what isolationism leads to, study WWI and WWII. Waiting until the whole
house is involved in a fire before calling in the fire department is
downright STUPID!
Believing the likes of Jane Fonda over the government makes sense to you?


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:20:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Charlie Self wrote:
>
> dre wrote:
>
>>> We have legions of high school graduates who cannot name the four
>>>oceans.
>>> We have multitudes of college graduates who cannot add two fractions.
>>> I know of an instance in which a newly graduated electrical engineer
>>>went to work on the first day of his first job (the engineering firm
>>>recruited him based on his high grades) and he needed a crash course on
>>>reading electrical blueprints.
>>> If the Pentagon wants to field a truly educated military, it may need
>>>to hire a corps of ruler-wielding Catholic nuns to whip recruits into
>>
>>shape
>>
>>>during the first few weeks of basic, before handing them over to the DI's.
>>> We're a nation of mental couch potatos.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>bush has the same education?oh boy....
>
>
> Bush has a Harvard MBA, which requires the mental powers of a clothes
> pin.
>
>
And your degree from Harvard is in what?


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:32:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <3gda3jFbs4a9U1@individual.net>, nil@nil.net says...

<space saving snip>

>I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
>listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.
>
>She pointed out Nixon's plan to drown tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands
>of Vietnamese civilians by bombing the dykes that held back floodwaters.

A lot of La Fonda's views on Vietnam, then and now, make sense. And
she was not alone in her opposition to the war, many Americans of all
stripes had similar stances.

What made her a pariah for all eternity was the WAY she emphasized
those views. Going to 'Nam at the invitation of the Cong. Meeting
with captive US soldiers and babbling about how well they were being
treated even as they were being tortured just out of her sight.
Sitting at the sights of a VietCong anti-aircraft gun so pictures
could be taken and flashed all around the world...

She was a stupid, callow child of priviledge back then, and she's
a stupid, callow matriarch of priviledge now. Talented actress,
beautiful woman, but my God, what a fool.

:( 

FW
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:32:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Frank White wrote:
> In article <3gda3jFbs4a9U1@individual.net>, nil@nil.net says...
>
> <space saving snip>
>
>>I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
>>listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.
>>
>>She pointed out Nixon's plan to drown tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands
>>of Vietnamese civilians by bombing the dykes that held back floodwaters.
>
>
> A lot of La Fonda's views on Vietnam, then and now, make sense. And
> she was not alone in her opposition to the war, many Americans of all
> stripes had similar stances.
>
> What made her a pariah for all eternity was the WAY she emphasized
> those views. Going to 'Nam at the invitation of the Cong. Meeting
> with captive US soldiers and babbling about how well they were being
> treated even as they were being tortured just out of her sight.
> Sitting at the sights of a VietCong anti-aircraft gun so pictures
> could be taken and flashed all around the world...
>
> She was a stupid, callow child of priviledge back then, and she's
> a stupid, callow matriarch of priviledge now. Talented actress,
> beautiful woman, but my God, what a fool.
>
> :( 
>
> FW
>
The worst thing she did, was after going there and praising the
'people's republic', and the communist cause, and damning the US for
it's capitalist economy, she returned and married the epitome of
capitalistic opportunism, Ted Turner! What a hypocrite! Treason, and
hypocracy.


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:56:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

>How many members of Congress did Michael Moore say had children in the
>military?....oh, yes.....One.

Percentage-wise, how does that compare to the overall population?
June 4, 2005 5:57:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Pope Secola VI" <rodent@gopher-hole.nework> wrote in message
news:11a39s5m3td5a29@corp.supernews.com...
> STATE MILITIA wrote:
>> I don't think there is a need for a draft... currently the military
>> wants GOOD quality professional operators. Especially in this "terror"
>> war, Special Ops teams are the best bet to combat highly intelligent
>> and resourceful militant groups.
>>
>> This is not a slaughterhouse military operation like Vietnam. Of course
>> mamy many thousands died in Vietnam for no good cause. Invading Vietnam
>> does not make America any more "free". The neo-cons of course love war,
>> they profit off of it. The true patriots in this country believe in a
>> more isolationist approach.
>>
>> A neo-con is someone who calls himself a patriot and believes you must
>> agree with everything the government does to be "patriotic" That is
>> like driving the cattle to the slaughter folks.
>>
>
> I hate to break it to you but there was a talk given at a seminar on the
> directions of the new army in the 21st century given at the American
> Enterprise Institute in February of this year.
>
> In a talk given by a Maj General in charge of force development, and a
> another speech by a special Operations Brigade commander in which the
> central theme was that the best and most efficient soldiers, given the
> complexity of modern warfare are those between 28 and 32 years old.
>
> The days of Audie Murphy grabbing a machine gun on the top of a burning
> tank to engage the enemy single handed are over. Modern warfare now
> relies on the maturity of the front line soldier to properly analyze the
> situation, select and prioritize the targets, employ the best weapon and
> most efficient weapon for each particular target, and to pick the most
> efficient and effective solution among a set of possible solutions.
>
> The upshot is that the military is going to have to be more selective and
> not less. The military is going to have to select it's people early and
> send them through the best schools, including graduate and post grad
> degrees at our best Universities before they become privates.
>
> In order to do this we are going to have to pay our people well with
> privates making what Jr. partners at law firms and accounting firms make.
> (Initially $100,000 +) and Generals will have to be paid more than most
> CEO's. Of course Generals will be expected to have their Ph d's in more
> than one discipline.
>
> The day is going to come when Harvard, Yale, MIT, Columbia, Cal Tech,
> Stanford, Berkley and others, will have to accept the candidates of the
> Military or lose their government contracts, grants, funding and their tax
> exempt status just to stay in business.
>

Holy Father,
We have legions of high school graduates who cannot name the four
oceans.
We have multitudes of college graduates who cannot add two fractions.
I know of an instance in which a newly graduated electrical engineer
went to work on the first day of his first job (the engineering firm
recruited him based on his high grades) and he needed a crash course on
reading electrical blueprints.
If the Pentagon wants to field a truly educated military, it may need
to hire a corps of ruler-wielding Catholic nuns to whip recruits into shape
during the first few weeks of basic, before handing them over to the DI's.
We're a nation of mental couch potatos.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"but it's not the 'overall population' who keep baying for
Iraqi blood - it's the legislature"

I'm still convinced that the legislature, having been elected at-large,
represents the affirmed will of the people they represent.

I've never seen any serious proposal that would require elected
officials to press their offspring into service, and I don't understand
how such an arrangement could possibly pass muster under the 14th
Amendment.

What is the median age of the members of Congress? Of those who have
living children, what is the median age of their children? What is the
proportion of of Congress members' male children who have served in the
military, to those who have not? What is the proportion of male
Congress members who have themselves served in the military to those
who have not?

Without answers to questions like these, I cannot even consider your
underlying assumptions to have merit.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:26:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Ron Hunter wrote:
> Charlie Self wrote:
> >
> > dre wrote:
> >
> >>> We have legions of high school graduates who cannot name the four
> >>>oceans.
> >>> We have multitudes of college graduates who cannot add two fractions.
> >>> I know of an instance in which a newly graduated electrical engineer
> >>>went to work on the first day of his first job (the engineering firm
> >>>recruited him based on his high grades) and he needed a crash course on
> >>>reading electrical blueprints.
> >>> If the Pentagon wants to field a truly educated military, it may need
> >>>to hire a corps of ruler-wielding Catholic nuns to whip recruits into
> >>
> >>shape
> >>
> >>>during the first few weeks of basic, before handing them over to the DI's.
> >>> We're a nation of mental couch potatos.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>bush has the same education?oh boy....
> >
> >
> > Bush has a Harvard MBA, which requires the mental powers of a clothes
> > pin.
> >
> >
> And your degree from Harvard is in what?

Damn. A really cutting answer. Well, my first degree came from Parris
Island. My next one, some years later, came from Albany State. I
managed to not get drafted, in a manner similar to our draft dodging
President...but I joined the USMC instead of the '70s era National
Guard (and do NOT confuse that group with today's ANG, which is 10,000%
better). And I showed up every day.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:38:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

stevelionelyoung@hotmail.com wrote:
> Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat guy in Full Metal
> Jacket?
>

If i were the sargent I would give the fat boy point (the first to
engage the enemy is the one on point usually) Why? cause it would
encourage the person to lose weight fast.

TSS
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 6:42:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:17:47 -0500, Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net>
wrote:


>Believing the likes of Jane Fonda over the government makes sense to you?


I'll believe Jane before I believe a word
out of W's mouth.

How do you tell when Dubya is lying?
His mouth is open.


rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com
June 4, 2005 8:02:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

> We have legions of high school graduates who cannot name the four
> oceans.
> We have multitudes of college graduates who cannot add two fractions.
> I know of an instance in which a newly graduated electrical engineer
> went to work on the first day of his first job (the engineering firm
> recruited him based on his high grades) and he needed a crash course on
> reading electrical blueprints.
> If the Pentagon wants to field a truly educated military, it may need
> to hire a corps of ruler-wielding Catholic nuns to whip recruits into
shape
> during the first few weeks of basic, before handing them over to the DI's.
> We're a nation of mental couch potatos.
>
>
bush has the same education?oh boy....




>
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 8:02:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

dre wrote:
>> We have legions of high school graduates who cannot name the four
>>oceans.
>> We have multitudes of college graduates who cannot add two fractions.
>> I know of an instance in which a newly graduated electrical engineer
>>went to work on the first day of his first job (the engineering firm
>>recruited him based on his high grades) and he needed a crash course on
>>reading electrical blueprints.
>> If the Pentagon wants to field a truly educated military, it may need
>>to hire a corps of ruler-wielding Catholic nuns to whip recruits into
>
> shape
>
>>during the first few weeks of basic, before handing them over to the DI's.
>> We're a nation of mental couch potatos.
>>
>>
>
> bush has the same education?oh boy....
>
>

As does every one else in DC. oh boy......
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 9:24:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

The Seventh Sign wrote:
> stevelionelyoung@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat guy in Full Metal
>> Jacket?
>>
>
> If i were the sargent I would give the fat boy point (the first to
> engage the enemy is the one on point usually) Why? cause it would
> encourage the person to lose weight fast.
>
> TSS


Actually the gaining of 300 lbs would be probably more dangerous than
just being drafted. Once the fat cells are created in the body they
don't go away they just expand or shrink as the availability of food
increased or decreases. Also the 300 lbs of fat would lay down a
healthy layer of plack on the walls of your arteries and veins. This
makes you a good candidate for a heart attack. Then the obesity would
almost guarantee that your insulin production is going to cease and you
will spend the rest of your life on insulin injections.

If you want to avoid the draft just put a bullet in your knee, it a lot
less time consuming and much safer in the long run.



--
He who establishes a tyranny and does not kill Brutus,
and he who establishes a democratic regime and does not kill
the sons of Brutus, will not last long.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 9:59:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 4 Jun 2005 10:17:30 -0700, "Charlie Self" <charliediy@aol.com>
wrote:

>
>
>dre wrote:
>> > We have legions of high school graduates who cannot name the four
>> > oceans.
>> > We have multitudes of college graduates who cannot add two fractions.
>> > I know of an instance in which a newly graduated electrical engineer
>> > went to work on the first day of his first job (the engineering firm
>> > recruited him based on his high grades) and he needed a crash course on
>> > reading electrical blueprints.
>> > If the Pentagon wants to field a truly educated military, it may need
>> > to hire a corps of ruler-wielding Catholic nuns to whip recruits into
>> shape
>> > during the first few weeks of basic, before handing them over to the DI's.
>> > We're a nation of mental couch potatos.
>> >
>> >
>> bush has the same education?oh boy....
>
>Bush has a Harvard MBA, which requires the mental powers of a clothes
>pin.
>> >

So, when did you get your Harvard postgrad degree?

R
June 4, 2005 10:54:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:20:08 +0100, "Trapezium" <nil@nil.net> wrote:

>
>From your Cousin's point of view it hardly matters, since he also wouldn't
>have heard from you if he was buried somewhere in Vietnam.

Oddly enough..it was safer to be in the bush in RVN, than a teenager
in the US during those years.
>
>I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
>listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.

She is pond scum.
>
>She pointed out Nixon's plan to drown tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands
>of Vietnamese civilians by bombing the dykes that held back floodwaters.

Yes and? Ever see Dresden?
>
>The 'Gung-Ho' glory of war is all very well - but many young men are forced
>to grow old and face eternity burdened by the terrible crimes they committed
>to please politicians and generals.
>
Which crimes are those?
>Let them commit their own murders, if that's what they want - your soul is
>too precious to lose on their behalf.
>
Murders? Which ones are those?

Gunner Asch.
>
>
>
>

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:04:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"redc1c4" <redc1c4@drunkenbastards.org.ies> wrote in message
news:42A18A5A.DAF19C48@drunkenbastards.org.ies...
> Trapezium wrote:
>
> (mercy snipage occurs)
>
>> I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
>> listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.
>
> then *YOU* keep the bitch.




Can we take it, then, from your response, that you are wondering how to
remove the blood from your own hands before you face eternity?

This is a brief life - whoosh!, and we're gone, and the things we do in it
directly affect our fate in the next one. So, if anyone's looking for a
volunteer to stick a bayonet in some Iraqi's face, they'll have to find
someone else to do it! - I'm not chap for the job.

Wear your white feather with pride....
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:08:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
news:D 7s9c5$lpe$1@news.fsr.net...
> In article <F7coe.22528$XA6.2892@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
> zerospam@yahoo.com says...
>>
>>Steve wrote:
>>Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat
>>guy in Full Metal Jacket?
>>
>>===========
>>
>>Once you are actually in the military: Yes, they can do quite a bit to
>>encourage you to lose weight and get in shape. They can make your
>>life a living hell.
>>
>>However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
>>draft. They can't force you to lose weight to meet draft requirements.
>>And they can't draft you with the intention of making you lose the
>>weight after you are in.
>>
>>My cousin did the opposite during the Vietnam War - he was already
>>thin and he dropped quite a few pound in order to be below minimum
>>weight for his height (about 6' 2"). He was required to go through the
>>process every 6 months - basically going through the pre-induction
>>physical twice a year.
>>
>>It's been 40 years, but I still refuse to talk to that cowardly little
>>maggot.
>
> Do I take this to mean that when Uncle Sam called, you ran to answer?
>
> Or were you never put to the test as he was, and are speakling on
> principle?



He killed 27 men during his period of service in the catering corps.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:15:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"HawkCW4" <HawkCW4@cox.net> wrote in message
news:0Nkoe.1587$tr.1447@fed1read03...

> I would be the first to agree with you regarding killing and being killed
> for ones Leaders, (Reads Country), IF you can give me an alternative to
> gaining/maintaining freedoms for that country. All I ever hear is the
> complaining about war, but no one bothers to come up with a way to replace
> it. Why is that?


Surely you're not trying to suggest that the invasion of Iraq was prompted
by need to secure freedom for the United states?!

Your young men are dying for the oil barons....you do realise that, don't
you?
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:28:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Ron Hunter" <rphunter@charter.net> wrote in message
news:ffmoe.1125$mZ2.1049@fe07.lga...

> No one 'loves war'. NO ONE!<


Well, those who own shares in armament manufacturing seem quite keen on it,
especially if they also manage to keep their own children out of harms way.

Our much loved Prime Minister doesn't seem averse to a bit of bloodshed
either - but, then, his own sons are busy doing more important things than
fighting in their fathers war.

How many members of Congress did Michael Moore say had children in the
military?....oh, yes.....One.

It's a damn good job for the other Congressmen that there a lots of poor
American teenagers who are prepared to bleed and die on their children's
behalf isn't it?
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:39:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Ron Hunter" <rphunter@charter.net> wrote in message
news:Ecmoe.1123$mZ2.268@fe07.lga...
> Trapezium wrote:
>> "Gideon" <zerospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:F7coe.22528$XA6.2892@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com...
>>
>>>Steve wrote:
>>>Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat
>>>guy in Full Metal Jacket?
>>>
>>>===========
>>>
>>>Once you are actually in the military: Yes, they can do quite a bit to
>>>encourage you to lose weight and get in shape. They can make your
>>>life a living hell.
>>>
>>>However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
>>>draft. They can't force you to lose weight to meet draft requirements.
>>>And they can't draft you with the intention of making you lose the
>>>weight after you are in.
>>>
>>>My cousin did the opposite during the Vietnam War - he was already
>>>thin and he dropped quite a few pound in order to be below minimum
>>>weight for his height (about 6' 2"). He was required to go through the
>>>process every 6 months - basically going through the pre-induction
>>>physical twice a year.
>>>
>>>It's been 40 years, but I still refuse to talk to that cowardly little
>>>maggot<
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> From your Cousin's point of view it hardly matters, since he also
>> wouldn't have heard from you if he was buried somewhere in Vietnam.
>>
>> I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
>> listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.
>>
>> She pointed out Nixon's plan to drown tens (possibly hundreds) of
>> thousands of Vietnamese civilians by bombing the dykes that held back
>> floodwaters.
>>
>> The 'Gung-Ho' glory of war is all very well - but many young men are
>> forced to grow old and face eternity burdened by the terrible crimes they
>> committed to please politicians and generals.
>>
>> Let them commit their own murders, if that's what they want - your soul
>> is too precious to lose on their behalf.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> There speaks ignorance, and cowardice. And you believe a traitor like
> Jane Fonda? Well, that figures.<<<




Whoa! - no-one is stopping you from joining the Good Fight! - although, I
rather suspect that you are a fat old windbag who, knowing that he is too
old for military service, is only too keen to send others to die.

If my summation is correct, feel free to send your own children off to steal
oil.

Just think how proud you can feel if they come home in a wooden crate - how
you will be able to strut and preen yourself in front of your neighbours,
revelling in your sacrifice (well, your kid's sacrifice, actually - but
you'll still get all those respectful stares, and be able to fly your little
Stars & Stripes at half mast)

War can be tremendous fun, when you don't have to participate - as I'm sure
you appreciate only too well.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 11:50:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"rafe bustin" <rafe b at speakeasy dot net> wrote in message
news:g493a1ddrsmck7b72rmg5l8j2l9m0gpehn@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 03:23:39 -0500, Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net>
> wrote:
>
>>stevelionelyoung@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Can they force you to lose the weight like that fat guy in Full Metal
>>> Jacket?
>>>
>>NO. There IS NO DRAFT!
>
>
> Yet. But something's got to give.
> Nobody's volunteering these days.
> Jeez, I wonder why...
>
> Be the first one on your block to
> have your boy come home in a box.<<




Only the sons of the poor come home in boxes.

The sons of the rich come home in Cadillac's
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 12:57:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Gunner" <gunner@lightspeed.net> wrote in message
news:m4u3a1ht0etieh3aut0seg3ggliopjg979@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:20:08 +0100, "Trapezium" <nil@nil.net> wrote:
>
>>
>>From your Cousin's point of view it hardly matters, since he also wouldn't
>>have heard from you if he was buried somewhere in Vietnam.
>
> Oddly enough..it was safer to be in the bush in RVN, than a teenager
> in the US during those years<<

Probably still safer to be a teenager in Utah than to be going about your
daily business in My-Lai when Charlie Co. popped in.



>>I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
>>listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.
>
> She is pond scum<


That's your opinion (an opinion that's not worth very much, admittedly, but
I suppose you have to allowed the right to hold it)



>>
>>She pointed out Nixon's plan to drown tens (possibly hundreds) of
>>thousands
>>of Vietnamese civilians by bombing the dykes that held back floodwaters.
>
> Yes and? Ever see Dresden?<<


Fond of firestorms, are you?




>>The 'Gung-Ho' glory of war is all very well - but many young men are
>>forced
>>to grow old and face eternity burdened by the terrible crimes they
>>committed
>>to please politicians and generals.
>>
> Which crimes are those?
>>Let them commit their own murders, if that's what they want - your soul
>>is
>>too precious to lose on their behalf.
>>
> Murders? Which ones are those?


Shall we start with the ones being committed in Iraq?, the ones that are
becoming the subject of increasingly frequent trials?
June 5, 2005 2:03:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Trapezium wrote:

> I wish I could have one sane thought in my life.

We wish you would too. We're still waiting for it to happen though.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 2:17:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<fishbowl@conservatory.com> wrote in message
news:1117918594.605142.55870@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
>>How many members of Congress did Michael Moore say had children in the
>>military?....oh, yes.....One.
>
> Percentage-wise, how does that compare to the overall population?



I've no idea - but it's not the 'overall population' who keep baying for
Iraqi blood - it's the legislature, thus, since they are so keen on war, to
seems only fair that they send their own children to Iraq to join in all the
excitement.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 3:54:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

dre wrote:
> > Damn. A really cutting answer. Well, my first degree came from Parris
> > Island. My next one, some years later, came from Albany State. I
> > managed to not get drafted, in a manner similar to our draft dodging
> > President...but I joined the USMC instead of the '70s era National
> > Guard (and do NOT confuse that group with today's ANG, which is 10,000%
> > better). And I showed up every day.
> >
> you must be president.

Take that IQ test again. Then your scores will be high enough to
register.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 5:05:58 AM

Archived from groups: us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:39:19 +0100, "Trapezium" <nil@nil.com> wrote:

(snip)
>Whoa! - no-one is stopping you from joining the Good Fight! - although, I
>rather suspect that you are a fat old windbag who, knowing that he is too
>old for military service, is only too keen to send others to die.

And I suspect that you are too cowardly for military service who is also keen to
send others to die IN HIS PLACE. Never been in the military, have you?
>
>If my summation is correct, feel free to send your own children off to steal
>oil.
>
>Just think how proud you can feel if they come home in a wooden crate - how
>you will be able to strut and preen yourself in front of your neighbours,
>revelling in your sacrifice (well, your kid's sacrifice, actually - but
>you'll still get all those respectful stares, and be able to fly your little
>Stars & Stripes at half mast)
>
>War can be tremendous fun, when you don't have to participate - as I'm sure
>you appreciate only too well.

Speaking of non-participants.......
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 6:41:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Trapezium wrote:
> "redc1c4" <redc1c4@drunkenbastards.org.ies> wrote in message
> news:42A18A5A.DAF19C48@drunkenbastards.org.ies...
>
>>Trapezium wrote:
>>
>>(mercy snipage occurs)
>>
>>
>>>I heard Jane Fonda on UK radio yesterday - and, if you take the time to
>>>listen to the woman, she's really quite sensible.
>>
>>then *YOU* keep the bitch.
>
>
>
>
>
> Can we take it, then, from your response, that you are wondering how to
> remove the blood from your own hands before you face eternity?
>
> This is a brief life - whoosh!, and we're gone, and the things we do in it
> directly affect our fate in the next one. So, if anyone's looking for a
> volunteer to stick a bayonet in some Iraqi's face, they'll have to find
> someone else to do it! - I'm not chap for the job.
>
> Wear your white feather with pride....
>

If you didn't know a White Feather is a sign of Peace. Something on the
same lines of you waving a White Flag. Now you can wave your little
White Flag all you want, but if your not man enough to stand up you are
the one that will end up with a bloody face. Just don't cry when no one
comes to defend you when it happens. You will give yourself away hiding
in the hole.

Mike
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 6:49:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <1117904920.255453.253800@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, james0tucson@gmail.com says...
>
>"However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
>draft."
>
>What draft?

The one that some, seeing how thinly stretched the U.S. military
is becoming more and more every day, are predicting. But also the
one that the Democrats want the Republicans to introduce, and the
Republicans want the Democrats to propose, each knowing that it's
going to be poilitical suicide for whichever party votes in favor
of creating it, first. The draft, therefore, that is NOT going
to happen.

FW
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:03:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
news:D 7tp8k$1jsa$1@news.fsr.net...
> In article <1117904920.255453.253800@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
james0tucson@gmail.com says...
> >
> >"However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
> >draft."
> >
> >What draft?
>
> The one that some, seeing how thinly stretched the U.S. military
> is becoming more and more every day, are predicting. But also the
> one that the Democrats want the Republicans to introduce, and the
> Republicans want the Democrats to propose, each knowing that it's
> going to be poilitical suicide for whichever party votes in favor
> of creating it, first. The draft, therefore, that is NOT going
> to happen.

That sums it up neatly.

Jeff
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 7:03:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article
<cYtoe.285783$cg1.278167@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, Jeffrey
McCann <NoSpam@NoThanks.org> wrote:

> "Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
> news:D 7tp8k$1jsa$1@news.fsr.net...
> > In article <1117904920.255453.253800@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> james0tucson@gmail.com says...
> > >
> > >"However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
> > >draft."
> > >
> > >What draft?
> >
> > The one that some, seeing how thinly stretched the U.S. military
> > is becoming more and more every day, are predicting. But also the
> > one that the Democrats want the Republicans to introduce, and the
> > Republicans want the Democrats to propose, each knowing that it's
> > going to be poilitical suicide for whichever party votes in favor
> > of creating it, first. The draft, therefore, that is NOT going
> > to happen.
>
> That sums it up neatly.
>
> Jeff


A "draft" (involuntary servitude, slavery) is the "third rail" of
politics: whichever party touches it first gets zapped.

The Vietnam War draft only existed because the World War II draft was
still in effect. (And though the Second World War was fought for phony
reasons, a majority of the sheeple were hoodwinked.)

If the Repugs start drafting educable, college-age kids, the Repugs
lose big time. And if the Democraps start drafting educable,
college-age kids,they also lose lose big time.

So neither side will propose legislation to re-institute slavery.
Instead, the white dopers will be recruited, the inner city slackers
will be recruited, and the wetbacks will be recruited and offered legal
status. In other wars, America's wars of imperialism will be fought by
the usual loser trash, with the survivors offered status and the losers
buried or incinerated...and with the usual 30% who are perpetually
preterite, begging behind their "Iraq War Veteran" signs in front of
the local Tractor Supply and Wal-Mart white trash emporia.

Forty million in America need a trip up the smokestacks. The Iraq War
is just an early invite.


--Tim May
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:27:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

In article <040620052030298431%timcmay@removethis.got.net>, timcmay@removethis.got.net says...
>
>In article
><cYtoe.285783$cg1.278167@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, Jeffrey
>McCann <NoSpam@NoThanks.org> wrote:
>
>> "Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 7tp8k$1jsa$1@news.fsr.net...
>> > In article <1117904920.255453.253800@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>> james0tucson@gmail.com says...
>> > >
>> > >"However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
>> > >draft."
>> > >
>> > >What draft?
>> >
>> > The one that some, seeing how thinly stretched the U.S. military
>> > is becoming more and more every day, are predicting. But also the
>> > one that the Democrats want the Republicans to introduce, and the
>> > Republicans want the Democrats to propose, each knowing that it's
>> > going to be poilitical suicide for whichever party votes in favor
>> > of creating it, first. The draft, therefore, that is NOT going
>> > to happen.
>>
>> That sums it up neatly.
>>
>> Jeff
>
>
>A "draft" (involuntary servitude, slavery) is the "third rail" of
>politics: whichever party touches it first gets zapped.
>
>The Vietnam War draft only existed because the World War II draft was
>still in effect. (And though the Second World War was fought for phony
>reasons, a majority of the sheeple were hoodwinked.)
>
>If the Repugs start drafting educable, college-age kids, the Repugs
>lose big time. And if the Democraps start drafting educable,
>college-age kids,they also lose lose big time.
>
>So neither side will propose legislation to re-institute slavery.
>Instead, the white dopers will be recruited, the inner city slackers
>will be recruited, and the wetbacks will be recruited and offered legal
>status. In other wars, America's wars of imperialism will be fought by
>the usual loser trash, with the survivors offered status and the losers
>buried or incinerated...and with the usual 30% who are perpetually
>preterite, begging behind their "Iraq War Veteran" signs in front of
>the local Tractor Supply and Wal-Mart white trash emporia.
>
>Forty million in America need a trip up the smokestacks. The Iraq War
>is just an early invite.

Tim, you keep repeating this sort of stuff over and over to the point
that it - and you - have become a joke. Honest to God,guy, you need
new material. Or at least a better presentation...

FW
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:27:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.military,us.military.army,soc.veterans,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Frank White wrote:
> In article <040620052030298431%timcmay@removethis.got.net>, timcmay@removethis.got.net says...
>
>>In article
>><cYtoe.285783$cg1.278167@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, Jeffrey
>>McCann <NoSpam@NoThanks.org> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>"Frank White" <fwhite*NOSPAM*@colfax.com> wrote in message
>>>news:D 7tp8k$1jsa$1@news.fsr.net...
>>>
>>>>In article <1117904920.255453.253800@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>>>
>>>james0tucson@gmail.com says...
>>>
>>>>>"However, nobody can stop you from gaining 300 pounds to avoid the
>>>>>draft."
>>>>>
>>>>>What draft?
>>>>
>>>>The one that some, seeing how thinly stretched the U.S. military
>>>>is becoming more and more every day, are predicting. But also the
>>>>one that the Democrats want the Republicans to introduce, and the
>>>>Republicans want the Democrats to propose, each knowing that it's
>>>>going to be poilitical suicide for whichever party votes in favor
>>>>of creating it, first. The draft, therefore, that is NOT going
>>>>to happen.
>>>
>>>That sums it up neatly.
>>>
>>>Jeff
>>
>>
>>A "draft" (involuntary servitude, slavery) is the "third rail" of
>>politics: whichever party touches it first gets zapped.
>>
>>The Vietnam War draft only existed because the World War II draft was
>>still in effect. (And though the Second World War was fought for phony
>>reasons, a majority of the sheeple were hoodwinked.)
>>
>>If the Repugs start drafting educable, college-age kids, the Repugs
>>lose big time. And if the Democraps start drafting educable,
>>college-age kids,they also lose lose big time.
>>
>>So neither side will propose legislation to re-institute slavery.
>>Instead, the white dopers will be recruited, the inner city slackers
>>will be recruited, and the wetbacks will be recruited and offered legal
>>status. In other wars, America's wars of imperialism will be fought by
>>the usual loser trash, with the survivors offered status and the losers
>>buried or incinerated...and with the usual 30% who are perpetually
>>preterite, begging behind their "Iraq War Veteran" signs in front of
>>the local Tractor Supply and Wal-Mart white trash emporia.
>>
>>Forty million in America need a trip up the smokestacks. The Iraq War
>>is just an early invite.
>
>
> Tim, you keep repeating this sort of stuff over and over to the point
> that it - and you - have become a joke. Honest to God,guy, you need
> new material. Or at least a better presentation...
>
> FW
>
Wasn't our boy Timmy the same one who just a few posts ago went on and
on about how he was such a superb communicator with his Strunk and
White. Well he must have slipped because I don't see much of any thing
but sending people up the smokestacks from him.

--
He who establishes a tyranny and does not kill Brutus,
and he who establishes a democratic regime and does not kill
the sons of Brutus, will not last long.

Niccolo Machiavelli
!