Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help Me Build a Gaming PC on $3000 budget

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 5, 2012 8:15:40 AM

I have $3000 to spend on computer parts. I have never built a computer before so i'm not entirely sure that the components will be compatible.

If you comment about a part, please include a link if possible. Derp.


Approximate Purchase Date: SOON

Budget Range: Max $3000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Watching Movies

Parts Not Required: DVD Drives, 1TB 7200rpm Hard Drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Tiger Direct

Country: USA - PA

Parts Preferences: Mid - High End Parts

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Eventually

Monitor Resolution:
(1920x1080)

Additional Comments: Derpin N Herpin

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my thoughts.

Operating System:
M17-7306 ::Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD(0.4 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5213934&sku=M17-7306
$139.99

Operating System - SSD
O261-8202 ::o CZ AGT3-25SAT3-240G Agility 3 Series 2.5" Solid State Drive - 240GB, SATA III, 6Gbps(0.35 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=557373&sku=O261-8202
$289.99

CPU Liquid Cooler
I69-LIQUID ::Intel BXRTS2011LC High Performance Liquid Cooler - 120mm Fan, 2200 RPM Max, 74 CMF, 35dBA Max, 150mm Radiator, LGA2011, LGA1155(3.05 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1554275&sku=I69-LIQUID
$99.99

32gb Ram
C13-8118 ::Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Desktop Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 240-pin DIMM, 1.5V, CL10, Unbuffered, XMP Ready(0.95 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1705075&sku=C13-8118
$289.99

Computer Case
A702-0010 ::Azza CSAZ-2000R Hurrican 2000R Full Tower Gaming Case - E-ATX, Full ATX, ATX, Micro ATX, 4x Ext 5.25", 1x Ext 3.5", 6x Int 3.5", 4x 230mm Fans, 4x 120mm Fans, 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, e-SATA(30 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=41026&sku=A702-0010
$139.99

Power Supply
K450-2505 ::Kingwin Mach 1 Modular Power Supply - 1220-Watt, ATX, SLI-Ready, Six 12V Rails(9.5 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4256916&sku=K450-2505
$209.99

Graphics Card - Radeon 7970
V261-7970 ::VisionTek 900491 Radeon HD 7970 Video Card - 3072MB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), 1x Dual-Link DVI-I, 2x Mini DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, Eyefinity, CrossFireX Ready(3.65 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1817062&sku=V261-7970
$549.99

Motherboard
A455-3158 ::ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 Motherboard - ATX, Socket R (LGA2011), Intel X79 Express, 2400MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA 6.0 Gb/s, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCI-Express 3.0, CrossFireX/SLI, Bluetooth(6.95 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1498755&sku=A455-3158
$449.99

CPU - i7-3930k
I69-3930 ::Intel Core i7-3930K BX80619i73930K Unlocked Processor - Six Core, 12MB L3 Cache, 1.5MB L2 Cache, 3.20 GHz (3.80 GHz Max Turbo), Socket R (LGA2011), 130W, No Fan, Retail(0.25 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1380574&sku=I69-3930
$599.99

Total: $2,798.61
(including shipping)
March 5, 2012 8:23:17 AM

I am not much help as I really don't know much beyond how to plug and play the parts like the rest of the wizkids on this forum but this site is helpful

www.pcpartpicker.com

I envy you for having $3000 in spare change to build a computer. I just ordered one for $1,000 I can only imagine how monstrous a machine 3x as powerful will be.


By the way did you try pricing the same thing out on the egg? I find they are usually cheaper and they have a free 2-day shipping trial you can sign up for at the moment.
March 5, 2012 8:26:39 AM

I priced parts out on new egg first, and the price was higher, although i did not have the same parts in my cart at the time. Ill take a look at that site, thanks for the help.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
March 5, 2012 8:52:36 AM

this is actually great with 3k cash you have all the reason to buy lga2011, i use one too although i went with an msi mobo and corsair force 3 120gb ssd for liquid cooling go with corsair h100

how about this case called lanboi or something great air cooling and air flow then use the h100 for liquid cooling, it's an awesome case or go with haf x or an antec full tower they are awesome
a b B Homebuilt system
March 5, 2012 9:30:48 AM

sorry i meant 1155 platform.

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
March 5, 2012 9:58:24 AM
Share

Here's my build-
NZXT Switch-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Powercolor 7970- X2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Corsair AX850w-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Corsair LP 8GB 1600-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Asus P8Z68Deluxe/Gen3-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
i5 2500k-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Cougar CF 12cm fans X2-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
noctua U12P-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
LG 12X BD-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Sammy 830 256GB SSD-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Total-$2,575
Case is a really one of it's kind thing.won many awards and over all awesome.plenty of space for heavy setups.
7970 crossfire can easily run eyefinity with ultra settings.a nice 1ghz+ overclock is safe and good.
AX850 is a top notch psu.it's more than enough for your setup.
get low profile and get rid of clearance issues.
high quality Z68 mobo with future upgrades capability.
2500k is best gaming cpu.x79 is made for servers not gaming!!they support enormous amount of ram(64GB).one big con is you can't upgrade x79.you can switch to ivy bridge with a z68 board when it comes out.so for gaming,no need to go with x79.
add those two fans to your case to improve ventilation.
one of the quietest and best coolers.you can easily go above 4ghz.
12X BD for your movies.
a lightning fast SSD for OS and games.loading times are insane!
save rest of your money and invest in other things.a nice monitor or eyefinity setup is a good idea.if you have a monitor(i hope so).add two more to get an immersive gaming experience.
Have a good time ;) 
March 5, 2012 10:05:59 AM

hellfire24 said:
Here's my build-
NZXT Switch-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Powercolor 7970- X2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Corsair AX850w-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Corsair LP 8GB 1600-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Asus P8Z68Deluxe/Gen3-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
i5 2500k-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Cougar CF 12cm fans X2-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
noctua U12P-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
LG 12X BD-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Sammy 830 256GB SSD-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Total-$2,575
Case is a really one of it's kind thing.won many awards and over all awesome.plenty of space for heavy setups.
7970 crossfire can easily run eyefinity with ultra settings.a nice 1ghz+ overclock is safe and good.
AX850 is a top notch psu.it's more than enough for your setup.
get low profile and get rid of clearance issues.
high quality Z68 mobo with future upgrades capability.
2500k is best gaming cpu.x79 is made for servers not gaming!!they support enormous amount of ram(64GB).one big con is you can't upgrade x79.you can switch to ivy bridge with a z68 board when it comes out.so for gaming,no need to go with x79.
add those two fans to your case to improve ventilation.
one of the quietest and best coolers.you can easily go above 4ghz.
12X BD for your movies.
a lightning fast SSD for OS and games.loading times are insane!
save rest of your money and invest in other things.a nice monitor or eyefinity setup is a good idea.if you have a monitor(i hope so).add two more to get an immersive gaming experience.
Have a good time ;) 


Thanks for the informative reply, its greatly appreciated.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 5, 2012 10:11:34 AM

so what you've deided?you wanna go with 1155?
believe me it's great.most highly recommended cpus.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 5, 2012 10:32:30 AM

Reasons-
their ratings are based on number of cores,amount of cash and processing power.
they don't include cost,overclocks,affordability and other factors that affect a normal user like you and me.
LOL!!!first 16 cpus are server cpus!!!!!
check this out-
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/core-i7-3960x-x79-sandy-b...
28% boost does not justifies cost of $1k
one more reason for 2500k,with a little overclock,it can challenge any cpu for gaming(that is your main purpose).and you can upgrade to ivy bridge.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 5, 2012 11:07:53 AM

^no but one things for sure samsung products are always high quality.check out review sites for quality and speed test.830 receives high ratings.there should not be any problems.
March 5, 2012 5:44:38 PM

hellfire24 said:
Reasons-
their ratings are based on number of cores,amount of cash and processing power.
they don't include cost,overclocks,affordability and other factors that affect a normal user like you and me.
LOL!!!first 16 cpus are server cpus!!!!!
check this out-
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/core-i7-3960x-x79-sandy-b...
28% boost does not justifies cost of $1k
one more reason for 2500k,with a little overclock,it can challenge any cpu for gaming(that is your main purpose).and you can upgrade to ivy bridge.


I see.
March 5, 2012 8:42:54 PM

Would it be worth it to get two smaller 120 gb ssd and put them in raid 0 instead?
March 5, 2012 10:24:17 PM

wait for


Ivy bridge
Nvidia Kepler
or
AMD 7990
March 5, 2012 10:49:07 PM

Dude, if you have 3 grand to shell out, i would go with hellfire's build. 7970's in CROSSFIRE...HOLY SHITT. that is some serious horsepower, but if you are worried about performance all of these builds will tear up games like they were made in the 70's. So go with your gut and buy what you think is right based on this post.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2012 4:45:06 AM

i2ichardt said:
Would it be worth it to get two smaller 120 gb ssd and put them in raid 0 instead?


SSDs are fast enough.i would recommend using a single SSD.i don't feel comfortable risking your $300+ SSD.
short answer-no.
March 6, 2012 11:29:27 AM

hellfire24 said:


SSDs are fast enough.i would recommend using a single SSD.i don't feel comfortable risking your $300+ SSD.
short answer-no.


I plan on making the purchase in a week or so, i'll go with your build.

Any recommendations on some monitors for eyefinity. That i could get for a set of 3 for $500-$600?
a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2012 12:07:21 PM

^i think gtx 580 -3way SLi isn't a good n cool idea.i would go with liquid cooling for 3 cards.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2012 12:10:52 PM

but still you know....getting older tech when newer is awailable isn't a good idea you know!no offence but i would go with 7970 over gtx 580 ultra.
March 6, 2012 12:26:21 PM

Here is what I have so far.

Case:
NZXT CA-SW810-W1 White Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146088
$169.99

Monitors x3:
ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236175

$524.97
($174.99 each)

Graphics Card X2:
MSI R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127652

$1,199.98
($599.99 each)

Power Supply:
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139015
$189.99

Memory - 8gb:
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9B
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196
$49.99

Motherboard:
ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131791
$269.99

CPU:
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
$224.99

Fans x2:
COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002
$31.38

CPU Heatsink:
Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608014
$72.99

SSD 120gb:
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233191
$169.99

Already have:
(re-purposing for this build)

2 x DVD Drives
1TB 7200rpm Hard Drive
IHAS DVD DL Burner


Total (including Shipping):
$2,968.18
March 6, 2012 12:28:58 PM

The version 7970 that hellfire linked is already sold out, so i had to go with a more expensive model. To fit the monitors in budget i had to change the SSD to a smaller less expensive one.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2012 12:36:46 PM

^clever choice and well done!
March 6, 2012 1:07:12 PM

Quote:
7970 drivers are still immature.... just saying.
SLi will be easier for the OP.
My idea is an Nvidia alternative not a battle ;) 


I like that the 7970 has 3gb of DDR5.
March 6, 2012 1:17:06 PM

Quote:
The 580's also have 3GB of DDR5...
Also my build has more raw horsepower, but ofc this is down to you.


Wasn't aware of that. (0_o)
a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2012 1:55:07 PM

well i will post a bunch of pics when i will build my personal rig ;) 
March 6, 2012 9:14:49 PM

I'm confused now, I thought the 7970 had newer architecture. Derp

Alright the gtx 580 classified is a supped up 580 is it really fair to compare the cards?

I want to do this right n I'm currently conflicted.
March 7, 2012 12:48:19 AM

Horrible advice. horrible horrible horrible advice. eff the 580's, old history.

here is the build you want.oh and the 3930k is the best CPU for price/performance cant be beat. the x79 platform is also far superior to the lga 1155.
here is the build

Cooler master haf x http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... 179.99

ASRock x79 279.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

corsair HX 1050w PSU 219.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i7 3930k 599.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

corsair h100 114.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

corsair force gt 240gb SSD 341.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

16gb Corsair vengeance ram 89.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2x 7950 3gb 919.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

total: 2746.91 Leaving you 250 bucks for a good mouse and keyboard.

Greatest build ever. thank you. goodnight
March 7, 2012 1:37:03 AM

the 2500k isnt on par with the 3930k. its not in the same town, state or country
a b B Homebuilt system
March 7, 2012 2:20:04 AM

mourice12 said:
Horrible advice. horrible horrible horrible advice. eff the 580's, old history.

here is the build you want.oh and the 3930k is the best CPU for price/performance cant be beat. the x79 platform is also far superior to the lga 1155.
here is the build

Cooler master haf x http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... 179.99

ASRock x79 279.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

corsair HX 1050w PSU 219.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i7 3930k 599.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

corsair h100 114.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

corsair force gt 240gb SSD 341.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

16gb Corsair vengeance ram 89.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2x 7950 3gb 919.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

total: 2746.91 Leaving you 250 bucks for a good mouse and keyboard.

Greatest build ever. thank you. goodnight



first of don't you ever again say that any cpu can beat the price/performance ratio of 2500k :non:  .and in terms of gaming,it's unrivaled!!!2600k has only one advantage(hyper threading) which is useless for gaming.saying that 2500k can't 'future proof your rig' is bull crap :na:  .take a look-
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-3930k-3820-...
why pay such a high amount for 2~3 fps :lol:  ?
X79 platform is mainly for servers cause they can support high amount of ram,pci e lanes and all other stuff.6 core with hyper threading is for multi threaded apps not gaming.
one more thing that X79 is a dead end IMO.With z68 you can upgrade to ivy bridge in future.Paying high premium for a multi core cpu isn't going to future proof your rig.
So moral of the story is that don't go with x79 if you can go with z68! :sol: 
March 7, 2012 10:59:49 AM

so i went on ibuypower's site to configure a desktop with the parts im looking to buy so that it would let me know if anything was incompatible.

It says that the dual 7970 gpus would require a 824w psu, until you overclock them. Once they are overclocked they need a 1050w psu.

Should i switch the psu in the build with a bigger one?

Maybe this one:

KINGWIN Lazer Gold Series LZG-1300 1300W SSI EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Yes CrossFire Yes 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121091
March 7, 2012 4:36:05 PM

the wattage isnt that high, they are very low power.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 7, 2012 5:03:59 PM

^yeah!7970 isn't a power hungry card!
March 9, 2012 7:32:27 PM

i2ichardt said:
I have $3000 to spend on computer parts. I have never built a computer before so i'm not entirely sure that the components will be compatible.

If you comment about a part, please include a link if possible. Derp.


Approximate Purchase Date: SOON

Budget Range: Max $3000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Watching Movies

Parts Not Required: DVD Drives, 1TB 7200rpm Hard Drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Tiger Direct

Country: USA - PA

Parts Preferences: Mid - High End Parts

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Eventually

Monitor Resolution:
(1920x1080)

Additional Comments: Derpin N Herpin

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my thoughts.

Operating System:
M17-7306 ::Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD(0.4 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5213934&sku=M17-7306
$139.99

Operating System - SSD
O261-8202 ::o CZ AGT3-25SAT3-240G Agility 3 Series 2.5" Solid State Drive - 240GB, SATA III, 6Gbps(0.35 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=557373&sku=O261-8202
$289.99

CPU Liquid Cooler
I69-LIQUID ::Intel BXRTS2011LC High Performance Liquid Cooler - 120mm Fan, 2200 RPM Max, 74 CMF, 35dBA Max, 150mm Radiator, LGA2011, LGA1155(3.05 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1554275&sku=I69-LIQUID
$99.99

32gb Ram
C13-8118 ::Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Desktop Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 240-pin DIMM, 1.5V, CL10, Unbuffered, XMP Ready(0.95 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1705075&sku=C13-8118
$289.99

Computer Case
A702-0010 ::Azza CSAZ-2000R Hurrican 2000R Full Tower Gaming Case - E-ATX, Full ATX, ATX, Micro ATX, 4x Ext 5.25", 1x Ext 3.5", 6x Int 3.5", 4x 230mm Fans, 4x 120mm Fans, 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, e-SATA(30 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=41026&sku=A702-0010
$139.99

Power Supply
K450-2505 ::Kingwin Mach 1 Modular Power Supply - 1220-Watt, ATX, SLI-Ready, Six 12V Rails(9.5 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4256916&sku=K450-2505
$209.99

Graphics Card - Radeon 7970
V261-7970 ::VisionTek 900491 Radeon HD 7970 Video Card - 3072MB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), 1x Dual-Link DVI-I, 2x Mini DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, Eyefinity, CrossFireX Ready(3.65 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1817062&sku=V261-7970
$549.99

Motherboard
A455-3158 ::ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 Motherboard - ATX, Socket R (LGA2011), Intel X79 Express, 2400MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA 6.0 Gb/s, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCI-Express 3.0, CrossFireX/SLI, Bluetooth(6.95 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1498755&sku=A455-3158
$449.99

CPU - i7-3930k
I69-3930 ::Intel Core i7-3930K BX80619i73930K Unlocked Processor - Six Core, 12MB L3 Cache, 1.5MB L2 Cache, 3.20 GHz (3.80 GHz Max Turbo), Socket R (LGA2011), 130W, No Fan, Retail(0.25 lbs)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1380574&sku=I69-3930
$599.99

Total: $2,798.61
(including shipping)


All amateurs...

Here is a Pro Computer list:
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.as...

You don't need 32Gb of memory, 16Gb is too much too but still good for 3000 budget. I7 2700k is super good if you O/C it. Also the shipping you can get 2day free shipping 30day trial.
March 9, 2012 9:49:17 PM

ohhhsean said:
All amateurs...

Here is a Pro Computer list:
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.as...

You don't need 32Gb of memory, 16Gb is too much too but still good for 3000 budget. I7 2700k is super good if you O/C it. Also the shipping you can get 2day free shipping 30day trial.


The link doesn't work on my end. It shows me my wish lists which are empty.
March 9, 2012 10:36:34 PM

im no amateur. my system is legit yo
a b B Homebuilt system
March 10, 2012 4:04:13 PM

hello op

first of all wait for ive bridge and kepler

if not then

the build u listed had plenty of overkill parts.

I7 is not for gaming as 2 to 5 fps dosnt justify a 1k increase in cost

u wont ever need more than 6 gb so 8gb 1600mhz is all u need


intel i5 2500k
asrock z68 extreme3 gen3
corsair vengence 2x8gb 1600mhz
seasonic x 1050w 80+ gold
amd radeon hd 7970
silverstone temjin tj11
intel 520 2.5'' 120gb mlc ssd
samsung spinpoint f3 1tb
asus x24 dvd burner

for cooling

a switchtek cpu block
a gtx 560 radiator
a dangerden hd 7970 waterblock
1/2'' tubings and fittings
compatible pump and tube resovior.and 4 high cfm low noise 140mm fans.


The above build would be a beast which will oc like hell remain cool and very silent.

The case is the best possible case and very spatious

u wont need 2 7970 for even a 2 monitor setup only for a 3 monitor which i thing usless so a 7970 would suffix ur needs for the next 2-3 years

the gtx 560 is a beast and the best radiator will fit in tj11

go for 2 7979 after a year :D 
March 10, 2012 10:22:20 PM

I just placed the order for the following:

2 x ($599.99) MSI R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
$1199.98

3 x ($174.99) ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50,000,000:1
$524.97

1 x ($259.99) ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
$259.99

1 x ($224.99) Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
$224.99

1 x ($189.99) CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
$189.99

1 x ($184.99) SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$184.99

1 x ($169.99) NZXT Switch 810 - CA-SW810-W1 White Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0, SD card reader, 4x 140mm fans, 420mm radiator support, full coverage fan filters, I/O panel lighting, and hard drive hot swap
$169.99

1 x ($72.99) Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler
$72.99

1 x ($49.99) CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9B
$49.99

2 x ($15.69) COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation
$31.38

Subtotal: $2909.26
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $63.92
Total Amount: $2973.18
March 10, 2012 10:23:46 PM

serialkiller said:
hello op

first of all wait for ive bridge and kepler

if not then

the build u listed had plenty of overkill parts.

I7 is not for gaming as 2 to 5 fps dosnt justify a 1k increase in cost

u wont ever need more than 6 gb so 8gb 1600mhz is all u need


intel i5 2500k
asrock z68 extreme3 gen3
corsair vengence 2x8gb 1600mhz
seasonic x 1050w 80+ gold
amd radeon hd 7970
silverstone temjin tj11
intel 520 2.5'' 120gb mlc ssd
samsung spinpoint f3 1tb
asus x24 dvd burner

for cooling

a switchtek cpu block
a gtx 560 radiator
a dangerden hd 7970 waterblock
1/2'' tubings and fittings
compatible pump and tube resovior.and 4 high cfm low noise 140mm fans.


The above build would be a beast which will oc like hell remain cool and very silent.

The case is the best possible case and very spatious

u wont need 2 7970 for even a 2 monitor setup only for a 3 monitor which i thing usless so a 7970 would suffix ur needs for the next 2-3 years

the gtx 560 is a beast and the best radiator will fit in tj11

go for 2 7979 after a year :D 



Already ordered before I saw your post.
March 10, 2012 10:53:37 PM

Good choice. The 324gig SSD was unessential, aswell as 32gb of ram. Thats overload.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 11, 2012 4:02:30 AM

i2ichardt said:
I just placed the order for the following:

2 x ($599.99) MSI R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
$1199.98

3 x ($174.99) ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50,000,000:1
$524.97

1 x ($259.99) ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
$259.99

1 x ($224.99) Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
$224.99

1 x ($189.99) CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
$189.99

1 x ($184.99) SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$184.99

1 x ($169.99) NZXT Switch 810 - CA-SW810-W1 White Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0, SD card reader, 4x 140mm fans, 420mm radiator support, full coverage fan filters, I/O panel lighting, and hard drive hot swap
$169.99

1 x ($72.99) Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler
$72.99

1 x ($49.99) CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9B
$49.99

2 x ($15.69) COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation
$31.38

Subtotal: $2909.26
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $63.92
Total Amount: $2973.18



very well done bro.every component is top notch.post pics after build if possible.good luck with it.
:love: 
a b B Homebuilt system
March 11, 2012 4:49:14 AM

my bad
March 11, 2012 7:28:56 AM

hellfire24 said:



very well done bro.every component is top notch.post pics after build if possible.good luck with it.
:love: 


Will do.
March 11, 2012 9:55:53 PM

Yea Yea, the switch 810 is suppose to be the greatest case ever for around the 200 dollar mark
March 22, 2012 12:04:48 AM

Invoice:

Item: 11-146-088
Description: CASE NZXT| SWITCH 810 WHITE RTL
Quantity: 1
Price: $169.99
*Case has plenty of room, comes with a built in USB3.0 dock, has 4 fans already installed in the case that are very quiet with room for several more fans, easy to take apart, and reassembly.

Item: 13-131-791
Description: MB ASUS|P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA1155 R
Quantity: 1
Price: $259.99
*Very nice motherboard. The LEDS built into the motherboard indicating where there is a problem when originally starting up the computer was amazingly helpful. Assuming you run into a problem.

Item: 14-127-652
Description: VGA MSI|R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC HD7970 R
Quantity: 2
Prices: $599.99 each ($1,199.98)

Item:
17-139-015
Description: PSU CORSAIR| CMPSU-850AX 850W RT
Quantity: 1
Price: $189.99
*This power supply is to small to support overclocking of the video cards, they will not work in Crossfire if you try to overclock them. If you are going to overclock them get a 1000w+ PSU.

Item: 19-115-072
Description: CPU INTEL|CORE I5 2500K 3.3G 6M R
Quantity: 1
Prices: $224.99

Item: 20-147-163
Description: SSD 128G|SAMSUNG MZ-7PC128B/WW R
Quantity: 1
Price: $184.99
*When plugging this SSD or any for that matter into this motherboard use the GRAY Intel SATA 6Gb/s port, or else you will get a message every time you start the computer saying that the SSD is "unconfigured" even though it will still work. So, even though it will work if you put it in the Marvel SATA 6Gb/s port that is navy blue, you will need to use the Intel one to get it to work properly.
Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/296253-30-asus-p8z68-...


Item: 20-233-196
Description: MEM 4Gx2|CORSAIR CML8GX3M2A1600C9B
Quantity: 1
Price: $49.99
*When i originally installed the ram and tried to power the computer up it wouldn't get past the ram post, i had to swap the slots that the sticks of ram were in to get it to work. Also, set in the bios that they are DDR3 1600mhz sticks or it will default to 1300mhz

Item: 24-236-175
Description: MNTR ASUS|LED 23" 2MS VS238H-P R
Quantity: 3
Price: $174.99 each ($524.97)
* These monitors, and the video cards neither come with the cables that you need to hook them all up for eyefinity at the same time. You will not be able to hook them up without purchasing additional cabling.
http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx


When running crossfire you can only get dvi signal from the primary video card, which means you will not be able to hook one monitor up to each graphics card it simply will not work. If you don't run the graphics cards in crossfire then you can get dvi signal from the secondary graphics card. This is why you will need the above dongles to get it to work correctly.

I had problems getting these cards to run in crossfire correctly. In order to get it to run correctly you will need to disable ULPS.
http://www.overclock.net/t/667144/crossfire-disabling-ulps/20


Item: 35-553-002
Description: CASE FAN COUGAR | CF-V12HP 120 R
Quantity: 2
Price: $15.69 each ($31.38)

Item: 35-608-014
Description: CPU COOLER NOCTUA|NH-U12P SE2 R
Quantity: 1
Price: $72.99
*This heat sink is not labeled to work with the lGA1155 CPU but it will work. However, it will block one of the slots for ram. If you are planning on using more than 8g of ram you may have a problem. The ram slot that will be blocked by the heat sink will not impede the proper installation of 2x4gb of ram though since the recommended slots for 2 sticks of ram does not include the blocked slot.



Payment Summary:

Subtotal:
$2909.26
Tax:
$0.00
Shipping and Handling:
$63.92

Total Amount:
$2973.18


Performance Rating:
*Factory Settings on all hardware, no overclocking.

March 22, 2012 1:40:54 AM

Best answer selected by i2ichardt.
!