Sign in with
Your question

Slow srart

Last response: in Systems
March 5, 2012 8:58:17 AM

Hello,when i press the start button it takes 23 seconds before anything is shown on the screen any ideas?

More about : slow srart

March 5, 2012 11:42:24 AM

How do you expect anyone to help you if you supply NO information about your machine!!!

It would help if we knew your system spec and current setup information.

There could be a hundred reasons why nothing is displayed for 23 seconds on your machine!
m
l
March 12, 2012 10:23:13 AM

JRock247 said:
How do you expect anyone to help you if you supply NO information about your machine!!!

It would help if we knew your system spec and current setup information.

There could be a hundred reasons why nothing is displayed for 23 seconds on your machine!

sorry i have a i7 920 processer
gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r 1366 motherboard
12 gig cosair vengence
western digital terra byte h/drive
and just installed ssd corsair performance pro h/drive to boost boot time
i am running windoes 7 ultimate
ati 580 graphics card
i have all the latest drivers amd opdated the bios
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
March 12, 2012 10:32:14 AM

Was it a "clean" new install of windows onto your ssd?
m
l
March 12, 2012 10:34:28 AM

Chaz21 said:
Was it a "clean" new install of windows onto your ssd?

yes
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 12, 2012 10:54:07 AM

A friend with a similar problem corrected it by not adding any peripherals until windows was up and running. If not too much of a hassle you could remove your HDD and your GPU and reinstall windows on your ssd. Then add your stuff back one piece at a time. Let each item be found-reboot-then add the next item. Also I'd like to know a little more about your ram spec's. Hope this helps you. :) 
m
l
March 12, 2012 11:12:33 AM

Chaz21 said:
A friend with a similar problem corrected it by not adding any peripherals until windows was up and running. If not too much of a hassle you could remove your HDD and your GPU and reinstall windows on your ssd. Then add your stuff back one piece at a time. Let each item be found-reboot-then add the next item. Also I'd like to know a little more about your ram spec's. Hope this helps you. :) 

thankyou i will start again and try your ideas my memory is 3x4 sticks of corsair 1600 ref cmz12gx3m3a1600c9
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 12, 2012 12:08:08 PM

DAVEJYBC said:
thankyou i will start again and try your ideas my memory is 3x4 sticks of corsair 1600 ref cmz12gx3m3a1600c9

Thanks - the ram looks good.
Just on the off chance don't forget "For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16_1 slot" per Gigabytes instructions. :) 
m
l
March 19, 2012 7:39:50 AM

still no success i followed your suggestions its like doing a double boot the monitor light comes on when i press start
then goes out for several seconds then comes back on and boots up
m
l
March 19, 2012 8:17:51 AM

DAVEJYBC said:
still no success i followed your suggestions its like doing a double boot the monitor light comes on when i press start
then goes out for several seconds then comes back on and boots up

Hi, may i ask you a question?

What type of Anti-Virus / Anti-Spyware protection do you use for your machine? When I looked at your system spec, everything looks fine, there is no need to change parts.
The only problem is down to the OS boot-time, Bios Setup or the motherboard itself...
m
l
March 19, 2012 8:21:28 AM

Also, double boot is rare. Some motherboard does that...

My laptop boots and goes from Logo Screen to black screen and boots again (Black Screen + Underscore Flashing) at stage two towards Windows.
m
l
!