Use of xeon processors

akshit_shaha20

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I want to build the PC for my architecture based computer application. so I need to know that should I select xeon E3-12xx series or core i7(3770 or 2600 or 3820) processors. will I be able to run Auto CAD and 3D max like software smoothly with xeon processors??? n does nVIDIA quadro series GPU's are more compatible with xeon processors or with i7?? and then please suggest compatible mother board and RAM for xeon E3- 12xx series.

Anything that will run on an i7 processor will run on a Xeon processor, there are no binary incompatibilities.

The main advantage of using Xeon processors over desktop processors is support for ECC memory, extra QPI links for multi-socket systems, and a slightly different version of the speedstepping hardware.

A workstation motherboard is required to use ECC RAM and Xeon processors. Workstation boards will work with non-Xeon processors but non-Workstation motherboards will not work with Xeon processors. Desktop processors cannot be used in multi-socket motherboards.

Workstation class graphics cards are recommended for AutoCAD and 3DStudio because their drivers contain very useful optimizations specific to these applications.

akshit_shaha20

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
thanks buddy.... I have chosen nVIDIA quadro 600 GPU......but will u please suggest me which motherboard are compatible with this CPU and GUP..... cpu is xeon E3-1245 (socket 1155)and also size...(standard-ATX or Extended-ATX)