2012 New Budget Gaming PC Build help

partypoison1993

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hey people im from India. Please suggest me a Gaming pc build. I have some parts listed already.

Intel core i5 2500k
Asus Radeon HD 6850 Or Asus GTX 550 ti.
Asus P8H67-m-l-x Motherboard ( can i overclock with this motherboard or should i get a p68 mobo. Confused about this. )
Cooler Master Extreme Powerplus 550w
Corsair Carbide 400 R
Memory- Should i get 1333 Mhz 8GB or 1600 Mhz 4GB (i'll go for G-skill or Corsair probably )
Seagate 500 GB Hard Disk
DVD Writer ( Sony or LG or HP or Samsung )
Parts not needed -Monitor, UPS, Speaker, Keyboard and mouse.
This build costs about 40000 Rs ie 805 USD (not including monitor, ups, keybord/mouse, speaker. Also my monitor is 22 inch)

Questions :-
1) Can i overclock with the h67 motherboard, if not please suggest a good not-so-costly P67 mobo, which should not exceed 45000 Rupees(my Build) ie 906 USD.
2) If overclocking, should i buy an after market cooler. if then please suggest a cheap good one. Cooler Master is prefferd.
3) Please tell if the above build is ok. Or u guys can suggest an alternative build for the same price, or suggest good parts that replace the existing which does not cost that high. Dont need an AMD Build. Sorry.
4) if getting 8g of ram, should i install Windows 7 64 bit, cuz on a site i saw win 7 32-bit will not utilize more than 3gb, and win-7 32-bit will recognize 8gb as not more than 3 gb. in the case of games and applications for 64-bit, will there be a 64 bit version for evry game and apps. for example if i have a 32-bit battlefield bad company 2 game, can i install this on 64-bit..? or does the game cd include both 32 and 64 bit game.?
5) Can the build i've mentioned can run atleast 2 years without upgrading any parts.
6) Even though i've said its a gaming pc, my primary use will be Autodesk Maya, Combustion, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Video rendering, 3d-model Rendering etc. So, gaming is only a secondary option. so if i play games like battlefield 3 or mw3, its not necessary that i should get the full benefits like ultra high settings etc. i only want to play them in a decent manner without any lagging, meaning please dont suggest high end cards because im on a budget. Only tell if the above build is good to play them in a decent manner.

Conclsusion :- im hoping for a perfect and detailed answer. i've searched somany websites before asking here, but im really confused. Im on a tight budget which means i cannot waste money and should get best for my money. The total cost including the monitor, ups, speaker, keybord/ mouse is 60,000 Indian Rupees ie 1206 USD $. So, either you can suggest a new build for the same price(under 900 USD) or suggest parts that will replace the mentioned part without exceeding the cost.Parts that should not change is the case, the processor, the harddisk Please note that i cannot buy online for some reason. This is my first post in Tom's Hardware. Im new to this site, so please forgive me if the questions are incorrect or its not the right categgory. Thanks. :)

Solution
1) Can i overclock with the h67 motherboard, if not please suggest a good not-so-costly P67 mobo, which should not exceed 45000 Rupees(my Build) ie 906 USD.

Yes - the H67 will support overclocking, the P67 and Z68 will give you better results. The lowest cost Z68 board I would recommend is the Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, but knowing local availability will help to recommend brands and prices to suit your budget.

2) If overclocking, should i buy an after market cooler. if then please suggest a cheap good one. Cooler Master is prefferd.

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is always a solid choice - if you want alternate suggestions take a look at this article as there are plenty of good ones to choose from...

g-unit1111

Titan

Yes - the H67 will support overclocking, the P67 and Z68 will give you better results. The lowest cost Z68 board I would recommend is the Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, but knowing local availability will help to recommend brands and prices to suit your budget.

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is always a solid choice - if you want alternate suggestions take a look at this article as there are plenty of good ones to choose from: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/LGA-2011-i7-3960X-Air-Overclocking,3130.html

3) Please tell if the above build is ok. Or u guys can suggest an alternative build for the same price, or suggest good parts that replace the existing which does not cost that high. Dont need an AMD Build. Sorry.

Excellent choices on the case, GPU, HD, optical, and CPU - not a good choice on the PSU, again knowing local availability will help to solidify what you're able to buy price wise and PSU requirements in India I'm sure are very different from what's available in the US. Cooler Master is not a good choice for PSU - the only thing I really recommend from them are the cases and heat sinks.

Memory- Should i get 1333 Mhz 8GB or 1600 Mhz 4GB (i'll go for G-skill or Corsair probably )

Pretty much everyone picks G.Skill or Corsair - but Crucial and Kingston have been around forever and they generally have the lowest fail rates of all the tier 1 RAM manufacturers.

4) if getting 8g of ram, should i install Windows 7 64 bit, cuz on a site i saw win 7 32-bit will not utilize more than 3gb, and win-7 32-bit will recognize 8gb as not more than 3 gb. in the case of games and applications for 64-bit, will there be a 64 bit version for evry game and apps. for example if i have a 32-bit battlefield bad company 2 game, can i install this on 64-bit..? or does the game cd include both 32 and 64 bit game.?

Yes that is correct that 32-bit Windows will not recognize more than 3.25GB of RAM - if you use 8 or more you will need 7 Home Premium 64-bit, if you need beyond 16GB (most people don't) - you will need 7 Pro. Most games don't make 32 or 64-bit specific versions and if you use Steam or Origin you shouldn't need to worry about OS compatibility.

5) Can the build i've mentioned can run atleast 2 years without upgrading any parts.

A 2500K system will last you several years - way beyond 2.

6) Even though i've said its a gaming pc, my primary use will be Autodesk Maya, Combustion, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Video rendering, 3d-model Rendering etc. So, gaming is only a secondary option. so if i play games like battlefield 3 or mw3, its not necessary that i should get the full benefits like ultra high settings etc. i only want to play them in a decent manner without any lagging, meaning please dont suggest high end cards because im on a budget. Only tell if the above build is good to play them in a decent manner.

I know BF3 is a huge resource hog but the 6870 will handle it just fine - so will the 560TI, both are in the ~$170 - ~$200 range.

Solution