Asus radeon hd 3850 fan not spinning

Hello, My GPU is Radeon HD 3850 by Asus and the heatsink fan stopped spinning, can't even turn on the computer it says "No display"
7 answers Last reply
More about asus radeon 3850 spinning
  1. Well you have a dead fan for sure. You may also have a dead video card.
  2. spasmolytic46 said:
    Well you have a dead fan for sure. You may also have a dead video card.

Gee thanks, anyway off to by new GPU then :)
  3. Michael29 said:
    Gee thanks, anyway off to by new GPU then :)

Do you have the ability to put another fan on your video card to test it? Can you try using onboard video and see if it works?
  4. The motherboard doesn't have onboard video, and no i can't put another fan on, maybe i'll take it to service and try to repair it.
  5. Michael29 said:
    The motherboard doesn't have onboard video, and no i can't put another fan on, maybe i'll take it to service and try to repair it.

It's probably more cost effective to purchase a new gpu if you don't have the ability to repair it yourself.
  6. spasmolytic46 said:
    It's probably more cost effective to purchase a new gpu if you don't have the ability to repair it yourself.

Yeah, nice way to start new year :)
    Get a new GPU
  7. If you had been entirely satisfied with its performance, a HD6570 would offer similar performance, or perhaps slightly stronger if it has GDDR5. Let us know if you'd like suggestions on what to get if you'd like an upgrade; we'll need to know your monitor resolution, PSU brand and model (not just wattage), and the games you want to play.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Asus Fan HD Graphics