Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus radeon hd 3850 fan not spinning

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 2, 2012 2:43:26 PM

Hello, My GPU is Radeon HD 3850 by Asus and the heatsink fan stopped spinning, can't even turn on the computer it says "No display"
January 2, 2012 2:52:30 PM

Well you have a dead fan for sure. You may also have a dead video card.
January 2, 2012 2:59:03 PM

spasmolytic46 said:
Well you have a dead fan for sure. You may also have a dead video card.


Gee thanks, anyway off to by new GPU then :) 
Related resources
January 2, 2012 3:00:51 PM

Michael29 said:
Gee thanks, anyway off to by new GPU then :) 


Do you have the ability to put another fan on your video card to test it? Can you try using onboard video and see if it works?
January 2, 2012 3:06:19 PM

The motherboard doesn't have onboard video, and no i can't put another fan on, maybe i'll take it to service and try to repair it.
January 2, 2012 3:13:58 PM

Michael29 said:
The motherboard doesn't have onboard video, and no i can't put another fan on, maybe i'll take it to service and try to repair it.


It's probably more cost effective to purchase a new gpu if you don't have the ability to repair it yourself.
January 2, 2012 3:16:57 PM

spasmolytic46 said:
It's probably more cost effective to purchase a new gpu if you don't have the ability to repair it yourself.


Yeah, nice way to start new year :) 
Get a new GPU
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2012 3:29:55 PM

If you had been entirely satisfied with its performance, a HD6570 would offer similar performance, or perhaps slightly stronger if it has GDDR5. Let us know if you'd like suggestions on what to get if you'd like an upgrade; we'll need to know your monitor resolution, PSU brand and model (not just wattage), and the games you want to play.
!