Computer turns itself off a few seconds after POST

rarora2012

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Ok, so I'm doing my first build and I got it to start up but after the POST beep there is a 1-4-1 beep code which I am getting mixed messages on what that means and then about 10 seconds after that, the cpu led lights up and then the computer shuts off. I was wondering if this means that it is a problem with the cpu or with the mobo? Please help
Oh, also if it is the cpu overheating I am not sure because I installed a liquid cooling system that came with the processor and the fans spin but I am not positive that the pump is actually working.
Thank you for the help.

Solution
Check the instructions on the cpu heatsink. It sounds like it is either not seated correctly or that the power cable is not plugged into the cpu fan header. Some boards will not run with out a fan plugged into the cpu fan header.

bucknutty

Distinguished
Check the instructions on the cpu heatsink. It sounds like it is either not seated correctly or that the power cable is not plugged into the cpu fan header. Some boards will not run with out a fan plugged into the cpu fan header.

Solution

rarora2012

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

I finally stopped being stupid and hooked up a monitor and lo and behold, the problem was told to me right on the screen :p
Turns out that somewhere there is metal touching in the front usb ports so I just had to disconnect and voila, it worked! Thanks for the help though!