Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • PCI
  • Motherboards
  • PCI Express
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 2, 2012 4:14:49 PM

I have a VA-10 abit motherboard.. PCI Slots. A friend gave me a Galaxy Geforce Graphics card With PCI express slot. Is there a riser card to convert PCI to PCI Express So I can use the new card??

Thanks,

More about : galaxy graphics card

January 2, 2012 4:23:29 PM

The quick answer to your question is no... PCI cannot be converted to PCIe. The easiest (in fact, really the only way if you wanna use that graphics card) is to buy a new motherboard. I can't recommend or link anything for a new motherboard as I do not know what the VA-10 abit motherboard is. If you know your processor, then I could help you out a bit more.

Hope this helps!

-Neutral
m
l
January 2, 2012 4:27:13 PM

Also, I'm just curious, what's the video card that your friend gave you? As in, are there any numbers on it? like gtx 560, or gtx 270 or something. Cuz the only info you gave is the company that modeled the whole card and the fact that it's GeForce which means that it should be a decent card.
m
l
Related resources
January 2, 2012 4:36:39 PM

Galaxy 21GGE8HX3BMW GeForce 210 1GB DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
m
l
a c 182 U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 2:20:00 AM

Your MOBO will not take a PCIe GPU You will have to get an old pci card. Is this your MOBO?

http://reviews.cnet.com/motherboards/abit-va-10-motherb...

You should be able to find a card for it, but it would be better to get a new system. That is if you want to play todays games. Good luck to ya
m
l