Sign in with
Your question

Looping sound crash...GPU overheating?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2012 5:04:45 PM

Hey I have a Lenovo P7805u laptop that I've had for a few years and I won't have the money to build my own rig for another year but I'm starting to get back into PC gaming so I was wondering if you could help me out with this problem I have. Whenever I play just about any game (Warcraft 3 is one of the only games that I don't think has ever crashed) and once or twice while streaming shows, my computer will just freeze and loop the sound and the only thing I can do is restart. Sometimes it doesn't happen for hours, sometimes it happens in a few minutes. As you can tell it is extremely frustrating especially since my shitty rig I built when I was like 12 doesn't have problems like this. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Here is my laptop: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/gateway-p-7805u-fx/4507...;subnav

Thanks!
a c 230 U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 5:20:27 PM

Download OCCT and run 60 minute GPU and CPU tests .... if ya can't get thru them, It's likely a heat or voltage stability issue.
m
l
a c 253 U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 5:22:36 PM

You can try cleaning out the air intakes to get a better air flow.
m
l
January 4, 2012 6:04:06 PM

Hey thanks a lot for the quick responses, I will run OCCT as soon as I have time. The most important detail I accidentally left out is that the laptop NEVER crashes when the battery charger is unplugged...I changed all the advanced power options so that they were completely identical so I'll let you know if that fixed it but are there even more options than in the control panel that I could access through a certain program? Let me know, thanks
m
l
!