Sign in with
Your question

A graphics card problem?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2012 5:24:04 PM

My computer has been giving me trouble lately. It starts up fine and gets to the log in screen without a problem. Once I log in, however, the power light on the monitor will turn amber and the monitor will say that the cable is not connected, the led on the power button of the monitor will blink green, amber, green,and then amber again before acting as it would if the computer was powered down, no picture with the power light glowing amber.

I went into safe mode and uninstalled the drivers in the device manager, and restarted it, but it gave me the same problem it had before. I tried another cable, monitor, and then tried reseating the graphics card but still had the same problem. Any help would be great, the card is a Nvidia gtx 560ti.

More about : graphics card problem

a c 253 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 2, 2012 5:53:47 PM

What is your power supply , Brand , watts and model how long have you had it. If you power down and unplug then you can recheck the power connections and make sure that the card is seated all the way into the slot. How long hve you had the video card and what brand and model.
January 2, 2012 6:14:30 PM

inzone said:
What is your power supply , Brand , watts and model how long have you had it. If you power down and unplug then you can recheck the power connections and make sure that the card is seated all the way into the slot. How long hve you had the video card and what brand and model.

My power supply is 1000 watt , cooler master silent pro. I've had the card for about a year maybe a bit less. The manufacturer of the graphics card is Sparkle.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 2, 2012 6:28:08 PM

Do you have another GPU you can try - onboard maybe.
-Bruce
a c 253 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 2, 2012 6:37:34 PM

The card does have a three year limited warrenty on it so maybe you can contact the manufacturer and see if they will replace it or thier tech support will trouble shoot the problem with you.
January 2, 2012 6:46:17 PM

my mobo doesn't have integrated video, I'll try and grab another card from a friend as soon as I can. I'll also see if the manufacturer can help me.
!