Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Video Games
  • SLI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 2, 2012 7:02:32 PM

First off, I was contemplating upgrading from my 9500GT to a GTX 560. Would this give good improvement for video games and the such? And if I do buy that new card, is there any way or reason to connect them both using SLI? My mobo is SLI compatible, and if I could get some more power out of my system by using the 9500GT (which would just go to waste if not used) along with the GTX 560, that would be great.

More about : 9500 560 gtx

January 2, 2012 8:11:29 PM

UrAHozerEh said:
First off, I was contemplating upgrading from my 9500GT to a GTX 560. Would this give good improvement for video games and the such? And if I do buy that new card, is there any way or reason to connect them both using SLI? My mobo is SLI compatible, and if I could get some more power out of my system by using the 9500GT (which would just go to waste if not used) along with the GTX 560, that would be great.

In order to SLI you need 2 of the exact same graphics cards. So you would need either 2 - 9500GT or 2 - GTX 560. You cannot use them both together, it will not work.
m
l
a c 255 U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 8:59:12 PM

You can use one for Physix if you wanted to keep the 9500GT but not for SLI. You can try selling it on e-bay if you don't want to use it for Physix.
m
l
Related resources
a c 181 U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 10:31:10 PM

^ +1 You would do a lot better with one GTX 560 then 9500gt but like what they have told you that you need two GTX 560's to do SLI also what inzone said still got your 560 and make your 9500 your Physx. Good luck to ya
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 10:53:11 PM

inzone said:
You can use one for Physix if you wanted to keep the 9500GT but not for SLI. You can try selling it on e-bay if you don't want to use it for Physix.

LOL Physx = Marketing Propaganda however (( Physics )) notice the real spelling of the word is in almost in every game to some degree more or less to date and does not create an atrocious performance hit like Nvidias shady Physx does. Physics = have been in most games for a long time Physx = Nvidias Shady attempt to Marketing something that has already been done better for the purpose to create a monopoly = FAIL. PS Nvidia Physx is in all of 5 games and it all sucks LOL.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 10:55:50 PM

UrAHozerEh said:

Get the GTX 560 retire the ols and tires 9500 and for god sakes just turn off Physx LOL.
m
l
a c 255 U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 11:19:44 PM

Headspin_69 said:
LOL Physx = Marketing Propaganda however (( Physics )) notice the real spelling of the word is in almost in every game to some degree more or less to date and does not create an atrocious performance hit like Nvidias shady Physx does. Physics = have been in most games for a long time Physx = Nvidias Shady attempt to Marketing something that has already been done better for the purpose to create a monopoly = FAIL. PS Nvidia Physx is in all of 5 games and it all sucks LOL.

Since the OP was asking about putting the two cards in SLI , which is not possible the suggeston to use it for Physix was just because he wanted to get some use out of it instead of just letting it go to waste and since Physix acceleration is not very demanding it was a good way to get further use out of the card. Besides I also suggested he try to sell the card on E-bay if he didn't want to use it for Physix acceleration.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 11:31:13 PM

inzone said:
Since the OP was asking about putting the two cards in SLI , which is not possible the suggeston to use it for Physix was just because he wanted to get some use out of it instead of just letting it go to waste and since Physix acceleration is not very demanding it was a good way to get further use out of the card. Besides I also suggested he try to sell the card on E-bay if he didn't want to use it for Physix acceleration.

Ya I know what was implied however the 560ti alone will do better job at running physx than a slower older card will just drag it down here's the link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbww3dhzK0M
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2012 11:51:22 PM

Headspin_69 said:

Physx or CUDA - since it uses the same internal compiler

Physx in Batman is awesome, mafia 2.
Physx used for physics calculation is awesome.
Physx for finite elements simulation is awesome.
Physx for Adobe Paralled Functions is awesome. It cuts times by half sometimes (comparing to a 8-core CPU)
Physx is used for some metereological simulations, unpacking protein simulations, fluid, medical, oil research simulations, etc. (through tesla cards)
I used Physx for some accelerated functions in MatLab Simulink (much faster than my i7-2600k btw)

I think it's a great solution, sadly some people just see the obvious usage...
But, if OP isn't using any of that solutions, I recommend to sell the card.
m
l