How to identify if video cards are going bad

Hello,
my desktop monitor has been flickering for a while yesterday it went to a black screen. i shut the computer down and left it overnight it will show post but it is red/pink instead of white. and it will flash the log in screen but then it went back down to white. went looking for alt video cards but am not finding them atm husband is saying he thinks the case fan on the back is drawing too much power. i have noticed the case fan being somewhat sluggish also in the last month or so. but my gut is telling me it is the video cards
5 answers Last reply
More about identify video cards
  1. Please post your system specs like cpu, psu, etc. That way we can help you with a fix.
  2. It could be Monitor or video card or cable
    Connect monitor to another PC,
    Try different cable (also check if its not gotten loose, seat it good)
    that eliminates monitor/cable for the video need more info as posted ^^
  3. DM186 said:
    Please post your system specs like cpu, psu, etc. That way we can help you with a fix.


    abit 64 bit athelon
    gforce pci express dual sli linked 8400 video cards
    1000 w power supply
  4. duxducis said:
    It could be Monitor or video card or cable
    Connect monitor to another PC,
    Try different cable (also check if its not gotten loose, seat it good)
    that eliminates monitor/cable for the video need more info as posted ^^


    ordered replacement video card, would not let monitor start.
    could not install video drivers since could not see monitor. played with the cords for the monitor and last resort swapped to back up desktop monitor is up and running .
    now need to figure out if it is the monther board
  5. dirgette said:
    abit 64 bit athelon
    gforce pci express dual sli linked 8400 video cards
    1000 w power supply


    Uhh, just wondering, why on earth would you have a 1000W PSU paired with s lousy 8400GS's, which I am pretty sure you cannot actually SLI.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics