Saving Computer "Set-up" to CD-Rs

October 5, 2004 12:04:04 PM

Does my C drive have to be partitioned before I can back-up
my whole set-up. What are the advantages or disadvantages
of having drives D, E, & F. Please give me the "for
dummies" answer.

More about : saving computer set

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 10:21:53 PM

"M. Gordon Marquardt" <mgmarquardt@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Does my C drive have to be partitioned before I can back-up
>my whole set-up. What are the advantages or disadvantages
>of having drives D, E, & F. Please give me the "for
>dummies" answer.

No. The advantage for to use different partitions is somewhat enhanced
data safety, beacuse data corruption usually does not extend over
partition boundaries. Also, partitions can be helpful to organize your
data better.

--
(tm)
!