Saving Computer "Set-up" to CD-Rs

Does my C drive have to be partitioned before I can back-up
my whole set-up. What are the advantages or disadvantages
of having drives D, E, & F. Please give me the "for
dummies" answer.
1 answer Last reply
More about saving computer

    "M. Gordon Marquardt" <mgmarquardt@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Does my C drive have to be partitioned before I can back-up
    >my whole set-up. What are the advantages or disadvantages
    >of having drives D, E, & F. Please give me the "for
    >dummies" answer.

    No. The advantage for to use different partitions is somewhat enhanced
    data safety, beacuse data corruption usually does not extend over
    partition boundaries. Also, partitions can be helpful to organize your
    data better.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Computers CD-Rom Customization Microsoft Windows XP