Status
Not open for further replies.

BasieTech

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hello,
I was wondering if getting a Radeon 5770 or 6670 with GDDR 5 Memory was worth it given my older system with Asus M4A785-M Motherboard. I am not a big gamer so I am looking mainly for quality, video streaming, dvd playback etc. The DDR 3 Cards are considerably cheaper.

Solution
If gaming doesn't really matter than you can just save some money and get something like an HD6450. It is more than enough for what you are talking about and it can play current games at low resolutions and modest settings.
If gaming doesn't really matter than you can just save some money and get something like an HD6450. It is more than enough for what you are talking about and it can play current games at low resolutions and modest settings.

Solution

BasieTech

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I did go with a Asus Radeon HD 6670. It will work fine for my specific use. I had some problem getting the sound to work from my TV speaker when running a hdmi cable. I went to good old youtube and some guy posted the exact information I needed. We live in very interesting times. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.