Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2012 9:06:16 PM

hi, i have a motherboard that doesnt support sli 890gpa-ud3h and i have a gtx 460 768 im thinking about adding a 560ti 448 core but i wanna know if i can use both.. one for rendering and the other for physx

More about : motherboard

a c 181 U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 1:58:43 AM

yes you can even though with the physx you won't see much difference. Some will say it is a wast of a GPU and others will say it helps. Bottom line it helps a little. If your card lets you use a Nvidia card and it supports crossfirex I would think you could SLI but both the cards have to be the same.

If you are worried about SLI then get a HD 6950 or 6970 then get another one down the line. But I am not 100% sure about SLI but I don't see anything that won't let you. Good luck on what you want to do.
m
l
January 3, 2012 3:49:41 AM

DM186 said:
yes you can even though with the physx you won't see much difference. Some will say it is a wast of a GPU and others will say it helps. Bottom line it helps a little. If your card lets you use a Nvidia card and it supports crossfirex I would think you could SLI but both the cards have to be the same.

If you are worried about SLI then get a HD 6950 or 6970 then get another one down the line. But I am not 100% sure about SLI but I don't see anything that won't let you. Good luck on what you want to do.

you can sli any two of the same gpu from different manufactures like a asus gtx 560 amd gigabyte 560.
oh and nice motherboard by the way. and yes that would work
m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2012 9:36:45 PM

nooo you dont understand i have a non compatible sli motherboard it only accepts crossfire i wanna know if i can add a gtx 560 ti to the mix and use 460 as physx engine
m
l
January 3, 2012 10:33:54 PM

Yes it should work
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 1:40:26 AM

bushnaq said:
nooo you dont understand i have a non compatible sli motherboard it only accepts crossfire i wanna know if i can add a gtx 560 ti to the mix and use 460 as physx engine

Yes you can. I tried to find some where that would tell me that it would support SLI and I can't find anything. It just tells us Crossfirex and Hybrid Tech nothing about SLI. You are good to go on your two GTX cards and good luck to ya and sorry for the confusion.
m
l
!