Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help with a power supply please

Last response: in Components
Share
June 20, 2012 10:18:02 PM

Hi guys could you help me find a good powersupply please? ive found a few myself but i dont really know if they will be good enough for my pc i have a intel i5-2500k cpu, gigabyte gtx 670 oc windforce x3 gpu, 8gb ripjaw memory, 750gb hard drive split between 2 and a zalman z11 plus case with 5 fans and im adding another soon. My budget it only £55 i know its asking alot but at the minute i cant afford anything else and the psu im using at the min seems to be killing my components.

Heres the 3 ive found.

http://www.ebuyer.com/269259-corsair-600w-cx-series-v2-...

http://www.ebuyer.com/219542-xenta-800w-psu-13-5cm-fan-...

http://www.ebuyer.com/191844-cit-850w-black-edition-psu...

I know most will just say the corsair because they are a good company but im still looking at other options.

More about : power supply

a b ) Power supply
June 20, 2012 10:24:02 PM

Agree with recon, grab that corsair unit. There's no comparison between it and the other units you linked to.
June 20, 2012 11:26:41 PM

Ok thanks guys =) will it be enough to power my system stable? i have a 700watt atm and it is awful it keeps killing my motherboard cpu and gpu
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
June 20, 2012 11:38:01 PM

Not having enough power doesn't kill components, but dirty power does kill components.

Did I read your specs right. Do you have 3 video cards?
June 20, 2012 11:43:24 PM

abekl said:
Not having enough power doesn't kill components, but dirty power does kill components.

Did I read your specs right. Do you have 3 video cards?

Ya i think its unstable giving power surges to kill my components :(  Nope i have 1 single Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce X3 Edition :) 
a b ) Power supply
June 20, 2012 11:44:35 PM

OK. Then the 600 watt Corsair PSU will be fine for you.
June 20, 2012 11:48:15 PM

abekl said:
OK. Then the 600 watt Corsair PSU will be fine for you.

Ok thanks :)  do you think it would be good enough to sli in the future? or is it something id have to upgrade in a year or 2?
a b ) Power supply
June 20, 2012 11:52:22 PM

If you're thinking of SLIing in the future, then I would just make the investment in a 750W PSU now, instead of spending some of the same money again down the road just to upgrade from 600 watts to 750 watts.
June 21, 2012 12:02:01 AM

abekl said:
If you're thinking of SLIing in the future, then I would just make the investment in a 750W PSU now, instead of spending some of the same money again down the road just to upgrade from 600 watts to 750 watts.

Ok thanks what do you think about powercool and CIT psu's? ive found a few of them.

http://www.ebuyer.com/151295-powercool-650w-80plus-cert...

http://www.ebuyer.com/169063-cit-700w-black-edition-psu...

http://www.ebuyer.com/255454-cit-750w-power-supply-gold...

I know basically nothing about PSU's so sorry for all the questions its just i need 1 that will last before my brand new pc completely dies on me
a b ) Power supply
June 21, 2012 12:05:46 AM

As @abekl suggested, the TX750 from Corsair is a great PSU, so if youve got the little extra money, its definitely worth getting.

That being said, if you happy with a PSU that's suitable for current set up, rather than future proofing, the CX600 is just fine too :) 
a b ) Power supply
June 21, 2012 12:07:01 AM

LvSLoLo said:
Ok thanks what do you think about powercool and CIT psu's? ive found a few of them.

http://www.ebuyer.com/151295-powercool-650w-80plus-cert...

http://www.ebuyer.com/169063-cit-700w-black-edition-psu...

http://www.ebuyer.com/255454-cit-750w-power-supply-gold...

I know basically nothing about PSU's so sorry for all the questions its just i need 1 that will last before my brand new pc completely dies on me




AVOID! I used to own a CiT 500w, it was awful - stick with big trusted brands like Antec or Corsair!
a b ) Power supply
June 21, 2012 12:08:47 AM

Agreed. Stay away from those brands you listed. Sorry, but they just aren't very good.
June 21, 2012 12:12:51 AM

Its ok lol, i just need something for now i can always buy 1 in a year or 2 when i upgrade my pc again. at this min in time the highest i can go is £60-£65 but that being said i can just buy the corsair 600watt =)
a b ) Power supply
June 21, 2012 12:14:13 AM

Sounds like a plan
a b ) Power supply
June 23, 2012 11:32:14 AM

The Coolermaster is probably the better of the two linked, but only just! (but then again its a little more expensive too).

Seeing as both of those are suitable for you, just chose which ever one you fancy
!