Transparentsy in desktop icons (turn it back on?)

I turned it off some way to give my computer more speed.
and now that i dont need it off any more, i forgot what i
did ^_^'

I swiched the look out of 98 mode, and i know how to go
into the preformence options. all boxes are checked in the
first tab (visual FX) in the preformance options menu.

Nevermind, I jut solved my own problem

I went into desktop properties. the choose your background
thing. Clicked on customize desktop. went to the second
tab. unchecked the lock desktop items.