Why is my computer benchmarking so horribly?

Arbegust

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I just got a new GTX 570, and used Fraps to determine my frames per second after noticing slow performence on Skyrim and Swtor. The results were abysmal-25 fps min. My old GTX 550 Ti performed better. I then ran 3D Mark 11 to benchmark, and my computer ranked low amongst similar machines. The driver I installed upon setting up the card was current, yet nevertheless I went to reinstall the driver only to find I couldn't download it from Nvidia site. (error parsing data: 13) I've looked on the control panel, speccy and evega precision and all say the card is performing nominally. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be great as I don't know what else to do. Oh yes, I don't have anything running in the background but Trend antivirus, but it's not scanning or anything.

Thanks!

Windows 7 64bit
i5 2500k 3.4ghz
GTX 570
16 Gig RAM

Arbegust

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I think my score was 5600 although don't hold me to it. I need to run it again. You could be right about those other computers being OC'ed. Generally the people that run those tests have pretty tricked out systems. Thanks for the responce btw.