dying for help

I have discovered this issue this morning after running
disk defragmenter over night. As usual I restart my pc
and login but then i see this blue verticle colume(the
ones similar to the those search, history colume on the
left hand side of every window) after restarting. I right
click, to property trying to fix up the issue under where
it saids Desktop, but eventually doesnt work.

i have check the regestry data
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00021400-0000-0000-C000-
000000000046}\shellex\ExtShellFolderViews\{5984FFE0-28D4-
11CF-AE66-08002B2E1262}\PersistMoniker
It should read:
file://%userappdata%\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Desktop.htt

but it didnt work

i have also tried find "ExtShellFolderViews" and i see
the ATTRIBUTE on the right hand said but the DATA read 00
00 00 20. what is the problem n how i can fix that?

thx for reading n helping
2 answers Last reply
More about dying help

    "wil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | I have discovered this issue this morning after running
    | disk defragmenter over night. As usual I restart my pc
    | and login but then i see this blue verticle colume(the
    | ones similar to the those search, history colume on the
    | left hand side of every window) after restarting. I right
    | click, to property trying to fix up the issue under where
    | it saids Desktop, but eventually doesnt work.
    |
    | i have check the regestry data
    | HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00021400-0000-0000-C000-
    | 000000000046}\shellex\ExtShellFolderViews\{5984FFE0-28D4-
    | 11CF-AE66-08002B2E1262}\PersistMoniker
    | It should read:
    | file://%userappdata%\Microsoft\Internet
    | Explorer\Desktop.htt
    |
    | but it didnt work
    |
    | i have also tried find "ExtShellFolderViews" and i see
    | the ATTRIBUTE on the right hand said but the DATA read 00
    | 00 00 20. what is the problem n how i can fix that?
    |
    | thx for reading n helping

    Start
    Run
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    Enter
    Restart Windows

    I ran REGSVR32 /I SHELL32.DLL n solved the issue THANKS
    however another problem arise. The other icons(other then
    the MS default ones) on the desktop and those ones on the
    lower part of the START part, do NOT response no matter
    how many times i double click.

    thx for helping again