Sign in with
Your question

Asus 560ti not outputting video/defaulting to 100% fan speed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2012 12:49:57 AM

I was playing skyrim when my card got very loud because of the fans. This had never happened before and my temps have always been great, never above 70 degrees at load. Within the last week i had OC'd my asus card from 833mhz to 900mhz without consequence. However this time i was about 10 minutes into skyrim, the fan became very fast and after a minute the system shut off completely. When i turned on the computer subsequently, my GPU had the power lights enabled but i could hear no noise from the fan. I took out my card to examine it and could not smell any burnt parts so i put it back in and when i booted it this time it goes straight to the high fan setting and nothing is outputted despite the power lights on the card enabled.

I have been running this setup for 4 months with great temps the entire time.

I have a antec neo eco 520c psu, phenom ii 840 processor, 4gb ram, 1HD, 1DVD, asrock 880g-le mobo
a c 225 U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 1:16:58 AM

I have several Neo's in my junk draw.....and 520 is a lil tight considering that 500W is the minimum size PSU and you are OC'ing it

http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gtx-560ti/...

Thermal and Power Specs:
Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 99 C 97 C
Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) 170 W 210 W
Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 500 W 550 W
Supplementary Power Connectors Two 6-pin Two 6-pin

At 4 months, it's still under warranty .... give em a call.
m
l
January 3, 2012 1:39:36 AM

dam i thought these were good psu's i was told i could run a single on this easy. So i ruined my gpu?
m
l
!