Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What should i upgrade?

Last response: in Components
Share
June 21, 2012 4:52:54 AM

Hey guys.. Got some extra money..so thinking of what to upgrade in my newly built rig..

I7 2600
4gb x2 corsair ram
Msi twin frozr gtx560ti
Dp67bg extreme mobo
Antec vp550 watts psu
Antec 100 lite cabinet.

Last week i upgraded my cabinet to an antec 1200

Now got some 300$

I do wanna sli my 560ti but will my psu be able to handle it?

Ps- 7x120 cabin fans 1x200mm fan

Or should i get tx850 psu or antec high current gamer 700
N get a corsair h100 hydro cooler?

Wat are ur suggestion

More about : upgrade

a c 111 ) Power supply
June 21, 2012 5:10:31 AM

Since you have a locked processor, which means it can't be overclocked. I suggest you upgrade your power supply and grab another 560TI.
June 21, 2012 5:12:01 AM

If you really want to do a SLI that GTX 560Ti then go for a PSU upgrade and that TX850 would be powerful enough to power up a SLI GTX 560Ti ;) 
Related resources
June 21, 2012 5:14:23 AM

But d processr box says 3.4ghz can b overclocked to 3.8
Okay... Now tell me which psu i must get.. Got tx850 in mind.. Or should i get antec hcg700
June 21, 2012 5:21:07 AM

7wis7edFa7e said:
But d processr box says 3.4ghz can b overclocked to 3.8
Okay... Now tell me which psu i must get.. Got tx850 in mind.. Or should i get antec hcg700


Get the TX850. I'm sure you'll be glad you bought it :D 
June 21, 2012 5:26:07 AM

N wat abt h100 hydro cooler.. Do i need that? or should i save up for 560ti?
Was using tx3 coolermaster for cooling..
June 21, 2012 5:34:16 AM

7wis7edFa7e said:
N wat abt h100 hydro cooler.. Do i need that? or should i save up for 560ti?
Was using tx3 coolermaster for cooling..


Well on that it would depend on you if you really want to spend more for a new CPU cooler probably get the stuff you really need first. But if you have enough money for that TX850, another 560Ti, and a H100 then go for it your rig would be a beast! I'm a bit jelly on your rig haha :D 
June 21, 2012 6:13:30 AM

I dnt have d required money to buy both 560 and 850tx..
But i hav money for h100 cooler and 850tx.. If i avoid d cooler il b less short of getting the 560..say..150 d question is.. Do i require a h100 cooler in my rig?

Best solution

a c 76 ) Power supply
June 21, 2012 6:17:30 AM
Share

7wis7edFa7e said:
d question is.. Do i require a h100 cooler in my rig?


Since it's a non-K 2600, no. Just save a little more and get the other 560 Ti and the PSU.

A H100 would only be needed for 5+ Ghz OC's, which you can't even do (or even come close to).
June 21, 2012 8:53:58 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Since it's a non-K 2600, no. Just save a little more and get the other 560 Ti and the PSU.

A H100 would only be needed for 5+ Ghz OC's, which you can't even do (or even come close to).


Yeah I agree with DJDeCiBeL just grab that 560Ti and the TX850. ;) 
June 23, 2012 8:56:17 AM

Best answer selected by 7wis7edfa7e.
June 23, 2012 8:57:36 AM

Ty for ur suggestions.. I bought AX850 n saved arnd 100 $ need 140 more $$ for my 560ti :D  ! but im feel bad i bought a non K 2600 processor -.-
!