Sign in with
Your question

SCREEN SHUTS OFF

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2012 1:59:06 AM

Hello i have i laptop toshiba qosmio x505-q870, i bought it over a year ago , and last month it starts showing a problem , when i click in switch user or log off , the screen shuts off after one minute or so after i did it , is it possible give me some help about this please
Thanks
Danny

More about : screen shuts

a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 2:13:07 AM

Do you mean it takes a minute to log off?

Does the computer log off, or does it shut down?
January 3, 2012 5:29:40 AM

IT DOES LOG OFF AND THEN AFTER A MINUTE THE SCREEN SHUTS OFF BUT THE LAPTOP STILL ON
Related resources
a c 271 U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 5:33:21 AM

dannygar79 said:
IT DOES LOG OFF AND THEN AFTER A MINUTE THE SCREEN SHUTS OFF BUT THE LAPTOP STILL ON

Turn caps lock off!
January 3, 2012 5:51:51 AM

HELLO MOUSEMONKEY , I JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION , IF THE CAPS LOCK IS ON AND THEN I LOG OFF , IT WILL MAKE THE SCREEN SHUTS OFF , SO IF I TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF IT WONT DO THAT, CAN YOU TELL ME WHY THAT HAPPENS
a c 271 U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 5:55:48 AM

dannygar79 said:
HELLO MOUSEMONKEY , I JUST HAVE A QUICK QUESTION , IF THE CAPS LOCK IS ON AND THEN I LOG OFF , IT WILL MAKE THE SCREEN SHUTS OFF , SO IF I TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF IT WONT DO THAT, CAN YOU TELL ME WHY THAT HAPPENS

No I can't but posting in caps is a violation of the RoC.

Don't...

Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
January 3, 2012 5:58:09 AM

Oh I m sorry about that i though you were giving me a solution for my laptop
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 5:13:32 PM

caps lock cruise control for cool....:p 

Are you trying to shut the computer down when you log off/switch users?

If you're trying to shut it down; just use the shut down option, or hibernate option.

When the computer is turned on again it should ask for a password.
January 3, 2012 7:50:55 PM

Hello bobusboy, well i tried to just log off the laptop ( not turn it off ) but as soon as it s been log off , after a minute , only the screen shuts off but the laptop still on but the screen is black
!