replace mobile number to a Text with GSM modem and AT comm..

What is the AT command that replace my phone number to a Text while
sending the SMS through a GSM modem. For example, when I send in an SMS
through my GSM modem, I don't want my cell no i.e. +18167867865;
instead of the number I want to have "ICS" displayed. Is that possible
do with the help of AT commands and GSM modem?
2 answers Last reply
More about replace mobile number text modem comm

    rocder@gmail.com wrote:

    > What is the AT command that replace my phone number to a Text
    > while sending the SMS through a GSM modem. For example, when I
    > send in an SMS through my GSM modem, I don't want my cell no
    > i.e. +18167867865; instead of the number I want to have "ICS"
    > displayed. Is that possible to do with the help of AT commands
    > and GSM modem?

    It's not possible to control the content of the originator
    address field in messages lodged by "mobile originated"
    devices.

    John

    John Henderson wrote:
    > rocder@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    >>What is the AT command that replace my phone number to a Text
    >>while sending the SMS through a GSM modem. For example, when I
    >>send in an SMS through my GSM modem, I don't want my cell no
    >>i.e. +18167867865; instead of the number I want to have "ICS"
    >>displayed. Is that possible to do with the help of AT commands
    >>and GSM modem?
    >

    > It's not possible to control the content of the originator
    > address field in messages lodged by "mobile originated"
    > devices.
    >
    > John

    And that's gotta be a good thing... can you imagine the scams that could
    be perpetuated if it was possible?

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'