replace mobile number to a Text with GSM modem and AT comm..

Tags:
  • GSM
  • Mobile
  • Modem
  • Command Prompt
Last response: in Technologies
August 2, 2005 7:26:26 AM

What is the AT command that replace my phone number to a Text while
sending the SMS through a GSM modem. For example, when I send in an SMS
through my GSM modem, I don't want my cell no i.e. +18167867865;
instead of the number I want to have "ICS" displayed. Is that possible
do with the help of AT commands and GSM modem?

More about : replace mobile number text gsm modem comm

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 10:34:56 AM

rocder@gmail.com wrote:

> What is the AT command that replace my phone number to a Text
> while sending the SMS through a GSM modem. For example, when I
> send in an SMS through my GSM modem, I don't want my cell no
> i.e. +18167867865; instead of the number I want to have "ICS"
> displayed. Is that possible to do with the help of AT commands
> and GSM modem?

It's not possible to control the content of the originator
address field in messages lodged by "mobile originated"
devices.

John
August 3, 2005 10:34:57 AM

John Henderson wrote:
> rocder@gmail.com wrote:
>

>>What is the AT command that replace my phone number to a Text
>>while sending the SMS through a GSM modem. For example, when I
>>send in an SMS through my GSM modem, I don't want my cell no
>>i.e. +18167867865; instead of the number I want to have "ICS"
>>displayed. Is that possible to do with the help of AT commands
>>and GSM modem?
>

> It's not possible to control the content of the originator
> address field in messages lodged by "mobile originated"
> devices.
>
> John

And that's gotta be a good thing... can you imagine the scams that could
be perpetuated if it was possible?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'