Solved

I7-930 upgrade to i7-990x?

i run 930 at 4 GHz and i am thinking to upgrade to 990x and overclock it to 4.5 GHz, will i see big difference in games, winrar, video converting? thanks
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade 990x
  1. Not really, because the core architecture performance difference is minimal. Faster video converting and gaming ability will be benefited by a higher end graphics card.
  2. amuffin said:
    Not really, because the core architecture performance difference is minimal. Faster video converting and gaming ability will be benefited by a higher end graphics card.

i have two gtx 580 sli and 4 intel SSD in raid 0
  3. Best answer
    it appears it will perform much better. take a read at:
    Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition Review
    some of the benchmarks are of the 990x overclocked.
  4. There's really no point of upgrading though, you have a system that won't need to be upgraded for another 5 years.
  5. amuffin said:
    There's really no point of upgrading though, you have a system that won't need to be upgraded for another 5 years.

+1
  6. i do not now guys, i am just a little board want to overclock a bit. was thinking to buy a 2011 socket with i7-3930k but ALL my pc water cooled and i just do not want to build it agan. just in over all will i see the difference between 930 4 ghz and 990x 4.6ghz in every day use ? thanks
  7. matvey said:
    i do not now guys, i am just a little board want to overclock a bit. was thinking to buy a 2011 socket with i7-3930k but ALL my pc water cooled and i just do not want to build it agan. just in over all will i see the difference between 930 4 ghz and 990x 4.6ghz in every day use ? thanks

in everyday use, no.
    for media encoding, yes.
    gaming, no.
    overclocking, yes.

its up to you and if it is worth what you will be paying for it.
  8. Barely any performance difference in media encoding.

Save that money and put it to electric bills.
  9. amuffin said:
    Barely any performance difference in media encoding.

Save that money and put it to electric bills.

:) oooee you are right my baby is power hungry
  10. i think i will stay with my 930 for now will see what Intel show us i the middle of 2013 thanks a lot.
  11. Best answer selected by matvey.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Intel i7