Rogers Nokia 6820b - Can I use in UK?

Last response: in Technologies
August 3, 2005 3:08:20 AM

Hi there!

I'm a bit of a mobile phone newbie, so let me apologize up front if
this is a simple question.

I have a Nokia 6820b GSM phone (which I believe is the North American
version of the 6820a). I use the phone on the Rogers network in
Canada.

According to the Rogers website, this phone has 850/1800/1900
capability.

I'm going to be visiting the UK shortly and need to have access should
someone from work need to call me (I know...work/life balance...that's
a discussion for another forum!)

As far as I can tell, there are 4 providers that I can roam with;

BT Cellnet 900/1800
Orange PCS 1800
T-Mobile UK 1800
Vodafone 900/1800

Based upon this information, I would assume that I could use the phone
in the UK...is this the case? What's the difference between the
900/1800 providers and the 1800 ones? Since my phone does not have 900
capability, will I have difficulty connecting??

Thanks in advance!
Scuba

--
Scoobadivr

More about : rogers nokia 6820b

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 6:06:03 PM

Since your phone does not have the 900 band, you will be better off with
any of the 1800 ONLY providers.

--
mrcamp
!