  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
October 5, 2004 5:01:00 PM

I tried to download a web page onto my desktop. It did
not load as an icon, but just a coloured patch - which
was a section of the web page. It is still on the desk
top and I cannot remove it. It is not an icon and cannot
be opened. How can I delete it? Any advice would be
appreciated.

More about : desktop spoiled

October 5, 2004 10:07:24 PM

Right click on desktop, chose properties then desktop tab. Click on
customize destop then choose the web tab and uncheck the web page.

"zlan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to download a web page onto my desktop. It did
> not load as an icon, but just a coloured patch - which
> was a section of the web page. It is still on the desk
> top and I cannot remove it. It is not an icon and cannot
> be opened. How can I delete it? Any advice would be
> appreciated.
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 1:09:53 AM

Hi

Try a System Restore back to a point before you downloaded the web page.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"zlan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to download a web page onto my desktop. It did
> not load as an icon, but just a coloured patch - which
> was a section of the web page. It is still on the desk
> top and I cannot remove it. It is not an icon and cannot
> be opened. How can I delete it? Any advice would be
> appreciated.
October 6, 2004 1:09:54 AM

Hi
How do I do a System Restore?
Ta

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 1:09:54 AM

Sounds like maybe you set it as the desktop picture (??)
Right click on the desktop
choose properties
click the Desktop tab at the top

If you see it there, just change it to something else

Courtney

> "zlan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried to download a web page onto my desktop. It did
> > not load as an icon, but just a coloured patch - which
> > was a section of the web page. It is still on the desk
> > top and I cannot remove it. It is not an icon and cannot
> > be opened. How can I delete it? Any advice would be
> > appreciated.

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 1:09:55 AM

Hi,