desktop spoiled

I tried to download a web page onto my desktop. It did
not load as an icon, but just a coloured patch - which
was a section of the web page. It is still on the desk
top and I cannot remove it. It is not an icon and cannot
be opened. How can I delete it? Any advice would be
appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about desktop spoiled

    Right click on desktop, chose properties then desktop tab. Click on
    customize destop then choose the web tab and uncheck the web page.

    "zlan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to download a web page onto my desktop. It did
    > not load as an icon, but just a coloured patch - which
    > was a section of the web page. It is still on the desk
    > top and I cannot remove it. It is not an icon and cannot
    > be opened. How can I delete it? Any advice would be
    > appreciated.

    Hi

    Try a System Restore back to a point before you downloaded the web page.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "zlan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to download a web page onto my desktop. It did
    > not load as an icon, but just a coloured patch - which
    > was a section of the web page. It is still on the desk
    > top and I cannot remove it. It is not an icon and cannot
    > be opened. How can I delete it? Any advice would be
    > appreciated.

    Hi
    How do I do a System Restore?
    Ta

    Sounds like maybe you set it as the desktop picture (??)
    Right click on the desktop
    choose properties
    click the Desktop tab at the top

    If you see it there, just change it to something else

    Courtney

    > "zlan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I tried to download a web page onto my desktop. It did
    > > not load as an icon, but just a coloured patch - which
    > > was a section of the web page. It is still on the desk
    > > top and I cannot remove it. It is not an icon and cannot
    > > be opened. How can I delete it? Any advice would be
    > > appreciated.

    Hi,

    This might help:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Zelda Landau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03b001c4ab22$1ba76710$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi
    > How do I do a System Restore?
    > Ta

    Left click the desktop and press *F1*
    Pick a Task
    System Restore
    Don't go back further than you need to.
    *Restore* is reversible.

    HTH

    "Zelda Landau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > How do I do a System Restore?
    > Ta

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP