Halo 2 Xbox live strategy

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

I would like some concept of the best over all strategy for each map;
as is what weapon I should access the quickest to amass the most kills
and the route or placement for on the map that would give my opponent a
less tactical advantage. This includes in-depth CTF strategy for each
map, as well as slayer strategy for each map. Or good rules of thumb
with close-up combat as well as good sniping strategy for each map or
good ways to practice on each map. Thank you if you can be of some help.

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

Zanzibar. This map has simple tactical characteristics for each team in
1 Flag CTF. It will require offense to have a 3 man recon go in and
open the gate(kill some people then take the flag), while another 1 go
in with a warthog just close enough to where the upper-bridge on the
defense side cuts and the flag-man has to run on ground. Two men cover
the Flagman going up the stairs, to the bridge, all the way to where
another man is waiting with the warthog then deliver the flag home.
This plan easy very simple, direct, and effective way to deliver the
flag everytime with skilled slayers and organization of teamwork.

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

It is important to focus your energy like a laser into whatever entry
into the defense(the rightside is always least protected). A skilled
sniper distraction by the designated driver(on the opposite of the
defense) will bring their defense to crumble while another guy with a
shotgun and some dual wielders ahead of him to take them from their
vulnerable backs. If performed correctly and smartly , there is no
reason this plan won't work.

kenneth

I could use this too, I'm really bad. Get beat all the time. Still like to
play though!

"Kid" <Jeremy.Smith@misawa.af.mil> wrote in message
>I would like some concept of the best over all strategy for each map;
> as is what weapon I should access the quickest to amass the most kills
> and the route or placement for on the map that would give my opponent a
> less tactical advantage. This includes in-depth CTF strategy for each
> map, as well as slayer strategy for each map. Or good rules of thumb
> with close-up combat as well as good sniping strategy for each map or
> good ways to practice on each map. Thank you if you can be of some help.

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Same here, I play with my 7 year old daughter. We do win sometimes but lose
more than we win. Lately I have been just learning the maps as best I can, I
think this makes all the difference in the game. If you can go straight to
the major weapons it can turn the game. The rocket launcher and sniper
rifles always seem to turn the tide. It is a shame that we cannot get into
ranked games together, team training is all you can do with split screen. If
any of you guys would like to form a clan and learn and advance together I
would be interested.
Brad

Brad wrote:
> Same here, I play with my 7 year old daughter. We do win sometimes but lose
> more than we win.

you play halo2 with a 7 year old?

> If performed correctly and smartly , there is no
> reason this plan won't work.

Spoken like a true armchair tactician.

No battle plan survives the 1st engagement.

Scott

"A Man, Just Like Other Men" <Nada2Spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Kid" <Jeremy.Smith@misawa.af.mil> wrote in message
>
>> If performed correctly and smartly , there is no
>> reason this plan won't work.
>

> Spoken like a true armchair tactician.
>
> No battle plan survives the 1st engagement.

You are aware we are talking about a video games here, not, uh, Normandy or
Iwo Jima or anything, right? I see plans work flawlessly all the time.

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yep, and she kicks some butt too. People would die knowing that they got
their tails handed to them by a seven year old. I do not allow her to use
the mic however and the rude talk concerns me some. I think if there was a
tournament for 7 year olds she would win with ease.
Brad
"funk_n_orbit" <mark.lyle@o-gmail.com> wrote in message
> Brad wrote:
> > Same here, I play with my 7 year old daughter. We do win sometimes but
lose
> > more than we win.
>
> you play halo2 with a 7 year old?

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A defensive guy could get the rocket blaster and pick off the truck coming
in. You might want to send someone to the sniper area to pick off the guy
going to the rocket. Then send in your two best guys to steal the flag. If
you notice everyone all ways goes for the vehicles on the beach, I say let
them go and take the steps up the wall and grab the sniper and go a little
further and also get the shotgun. Hustle back and man the sniper area, try
to pick off the guy with the rocket launcher. Really the shot gun would be
better suited for the guys going for the flag, they could stop the warthog
at the bend jump out grab the shotgun and that would allow the sniper guy
time to take his position, I think then the team is ready to succeed.
Brad
> Zanzibar. This map has simple tactical characteristics for each team in
> 1 Flag CTF. It will require offense to have a 3 man recon go in and
> open the gate(kill some people then take the flag), while another 1 go
> in with a warthog just close enough to where the upper-bridge on the
> defense side cuts and the flag-man has to run on ground. Two men cover
> the Flagman going up the stairs, to the bridge, all the way to where
> another man is waiting with the warthog then deliver the flag home.
> This plan easy very simple, direct, and effective way to deliver the
> flag everytime with skilled slayers and organization of teamwork.

kenneth

Hey Brad!

I'm interested. With a 7-yr old, I'm betting you get as much time to play
as I do.

GT:Crudolph

"Brad" <bdarnell1966@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Same here, I play with my 7 year old daughter. We do win sometimes but
> lose
> more than we win. Lately I have been just learning the maps as best I can,
> think this makes all the difference in the game. If you can go straight to
> the major weapons it can turn the game. The rocket launcher and sniper
> rifles always seem to turn the tide. It is a shame that we cannot get into
> ranked games together, team training is all you can do with split screen.
> If
> any of you guys would like to form a clan and learn and advance together I
> would be interested.
> Brad
> "Kenneth" <Noname@domain.com> wrote in message
>> I could use this too, I'm really bad. Get beat all the time. Still like
>> play though!
>>
>> "Kid" <Jeremy.Smith@misawa.af.mil> wrote in message
>> >I would like some concept of the best over all strategy for each map;
>> > as is what weapon I should access the quickest to amass the most kills
>> > and the route or placement for on the map that would give my opponent a
>> > less tactical advantage. This includes in-depth CTF strategy for each
>> > map, as well as slayer strategy for each map. Or good rules of thumb
>> > with close-up combat as well as good sniping strategy for each map or
>> > good ways to practice on each map. Thank you if you can be of some
>> > help.

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

There is much contraversy of the best weapon combination. As far as an
easy one to access, most would agree the machine-gun/plasma rifle is
very effectice for mid-range combat, used with proper aiming; this
allows for frequent damage does by the spray of bullets, however the
plasma rifle is devasting if and when it does hit. However, as far as
the best combination over all goes, I love dual-pistols; due to
frequent reloading, this combination makes killing more than two people
nearly impossible. However realisticly any combination can't possibly
compare to the super-weapons like the sniper rifle, sword, and rocket
launcher.
I'm curious of people's success with the needler, I was once dispensed
in a blink-of-an-eye with dual-needler.

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

I'm curious of each weapons ability to deal more damage depending on
what part of the body hit. The pistol, sniper-rifle, and battle-rifle
obviously have this ability; however, I'm unsure about the
plasma-rifle, needler, machine-gun, shotgun, etc.

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I use the duel needler often in the Battle Creek map, it can be one of the
best combos in certain situations. They fire faster than most other weapons
plus they have slight homing ability so your aim does not have to be dead
on, plus they have good range, you can pick someone off from mid range very
nicely. Now like you said they do not compare to the super weapons but if
all you have is a single smg then trade it in for these.
Brad

Brad wrote:
> Yep, and she kicks some butt too. People would die knowing that they
got
> their tails handed to them by a seven year old. I do not allow her to
use
> the mic however and the rude talk concerns me some. I think if there
was a
> tournament for 7 year olds she would win with ease.

I think you should let them play head to head. It would be fun to
watch.
http://www.halotournaments.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Itemid=2

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That would be cool, maybe it will happen sometime.
Brad
"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Brad wrote:
> > Yep, and she kicks some butt too. People would die knowing that they
> got
> > their tails handed to them by a seven year old. I do not allow her to
> use
> > the mic however and the rude talk concerns me some. I think if there
> was a
> > tournament for 7 year olds she would win with ease.
>
> I think you should let them play head to head. It would be fun to
> watch.

http://www.halotournaments.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Itemid=2

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

Sniper rifle strategy. I noticed, using the sniper rifle, I am capable
taking a person down with two shots ,at the most. This leaves the
concept of a person having 4 shots before reloading is necessary. So I
theorize using the sniper rifle in two shot burst will double your
chances of hitting a target, plus another available two shot burst to
kill the person in case that the burst did not kill them. So I make it
a habit to fire two shots each time I fire a sniper rifle, and 1 if the
target is a sitting duck.

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

Needler strategy. I found-out yesterday that the needler is one of the
better anti-sniper weapons in the game besides they rocket launcher and
another sniper rifle. It is decently effective at mid-range and has a
blinding affect on the on the sniper attempting to zoom in and shoot
you. At mid-range the sniper rifle is still very deadly, however the
needler seems to be the king of this domain due to its spread, rate of
fire, and homing ability. Needlers vs. Sniper rifle in mid-range
combat, the needler has the advantage, if intiated fire before the
sniper rifle of course.

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

On the topic of theories for a better game. I think it would pretty
cool if you were able to throw the sword into somebody, or some sort of
stun-attack which would throw the target's focus for a sec. Or some
sort of perry with the sword would be cool as well- temporarily MC will
be able to dodge bullets or another sword allowing for an instant
reversal. It be cool too if you could put someone in a choke hold or
break their neck; there would be some sort of rapid button mashing
thing for both players for breaking-free from the attack or
successfully doing the move.

Couple more problems I see:

- vehicles flip too easily; the warthog will do somersaults if it hits
a pebble, and the ghost is worse than a three-wheeled ATV -- I
understand Bungie wanted it to be realistic, but they went overboard
with it (no military would manufacture vehicles that flip at even slow
speeds)

- lack of game and map type filtering; I'd like to choose which maps to
play on big team matchmaking. I dislike most of the maps. Waterworks
would be much improved if it had just one or no wraiths. Headlong is
the best map.

Also, has anyone noticed the sword isn't always effective? I've sliced
opponents multiple times and not killed them. That's because unless the
target is red, the sword is not as lethal. That's ridiculous. The sword
isn't a gun. A slice to the upper chest is a slice to the upper chest,
imaginary targetting or not.

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

That's pretty funny. Maybe you expect too much from such an already
cheap weapon. You speak of realism, but you honestly expect a sword in
real-life to kill someone instantly. LOL

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

> That's pretty funny. Maybe you expect too much from such an already
> cheap weapon. You speak of realism, but you honestly expect a sword in
> real-life to kill someone instantly. LOL

If it consisted of high-energy plasma, I would.

aether wrote:

> Also, has anyone noticed the sword isn't always effective? I've
sliced
> opponents multiple times and not killed them. That's because unless
the
> target is red, the sword is not as lethal. That's ridiculous. The
sword
> isn't a gun. A slice to the upper chest is a slice to the upper
chest,
> imaginary targetting or not.

About your Sword and shotgun complaints, they have tried to balance the
Armor, Momnetum (lunging with a sword is deadlier than a stationary
slice) and most importantly the fun factor (they have to somehow
balance the one shot kill aspect of the sword)

I agree with the breathing simulation while sniping suggestion though.
That would be real cool but then again, the auto-aim would probably
cancel it out.

KID

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

I was wondering about a good overall rule of thumb for sniping with
possible drawbacks and advantages on certain maps as far as this weapon
goes.