Halo 2 Xbox live strategy

I would like some concept of the best over all strategy for each map;
as is what weapon I should access the quickest to amass the most kills
and the route or placement for on the map that would give my opponent a
less tactical advantage. This includes in-depth CTF strategy for each
map, as well as slayer strategy for each map. Or good rules of thumb
with close-up combat as well as good sniping strategy for each map or
good ways to practice on each map. Thank you if you can be of some help.
27 answers Last reply
More about halo xbox live strategy

    Zanzibar. This map has simple tactical characteristics for each team in
    1 Flag CTF. It will require offense to have a 3 man recon go in and
    open the gate(kill some people then take the flag), while another 1 go
    in with a warthog just close enough to where the upper-bridge on the
    defense side cuts and the flag-man has to run on ground. Two men cover
    the Flagman going up the stairs, to the bridge, all the way to where
    another man is waiting with the warthog then deliver the flag home.
    This plan easy very simple, direct, and effective way to deliver the
    flag everytime with skilled slayers and organization of teamwork.

    It is important to focus your energy like a laser into whatever entry
    into the defense(the rightside is always least protected). A skilled
    sniper distraction by the designated driver(on the opposite of the
    defense) will bring their defense to crumble while another guy with a
    shotgun and some dual wielders ahead of him to take them from their
    vulnerable backs. If performed correctly and smartly , there is no
    reason this plan won't work.

    I could use this too, I'm really bad. Get beat all the time. Still like to
    play though!

    "Kid" <Jeremy.Smith@misawa.af.mil> wrote in message
    >I would like some concept of the best over all strategy for each map;
    > as is what weapon I should access the quickest to amass the most kills
    > and the route or placement for on the map that would give my opponent a
    > less tactical advantage. This includes in-depth CTF strategy for each
    > map, as well as slayer strategy for each map. Or good rules of thumb
    > with close-up combat as well as good sniping strategy for each map or
    > good ways to practice on each map. Thank you if you can be of some help.

    Same here, I play with my 7 year old daughter. We do win sometimes but lose
    more than we win. Lately I have been just learning the maps as best I can, I
    think this makes all the difference in the game. If you can go straight to
    the major weapons it can turn the game. The rocket launcher and sniper
    rifles always seem to turn the tide. It is a shame that we cannot get into
    ranked games together, team training is all you can do with split screen. If
    any of you guys would like to form a clan and learn and advance together I
    would be interested.
    Brad

    Brad wrote:
    > Same here, I play with my 7 year old daughter. We do win sometimes but lose
    > more than we win.

    you play halo2 with a 7 year old?

    > If performed correctly and smartly , there is no
    > reason this plan won't work.

    Spoken like a true armchair tactician.

    No battle plan survives the 1st engagement.

    "A Man, Just Like Other Men" <Nada2Spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Kid" <Jeremy.Smith@misawa.af.mil> wrote in message
    >
    >> If performed correctly and smartly , there is no
    >> reason this plan won't work.
    >

    > Spoken like a true armchair tactician.
    >
    > No battle plan survives the 1st engagement.

    You are aware we are talking about a video games here, not, uh, Normandy or
    Iwo Jima or anything, right? I see plans work flawlessly all the time.

    Yep, and she kicks some butt too. People would die knowing that they got
    their tails handed to them by a seven year old. I do not allow her to use
    the mic however and the rude talk concerns me some. I think if there was a
    tournament for 7 year olds she would win with ease.
    Brad
    "funk_n_orbit" <mark.lyle@o-gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Brad wrote:
    > > Same here, I play with my 7 year old daughter. We do win sometimes but
    lose
    > > more than we win.
    >
    > you play halo2 with a 7 year old?

    A defensive guy could get the rocket blaster and pick off the truck coming
    in. You might want to send someone to the sniper area to pick off the guy
    going to the rocket. Then send in your two best guys to steal the flag. If
    you notice everyone all ways goes for the vehicles on the beach, I say let
    them go and take the steps up the wall and grab the sniper and go a little
    further and also get the shotgun. Hustle back and man the sniper area, try
    to pick off the guy with the rocket launcher. Really the shot gun would be
    better suited for the guys going for the flag, they could stop the warthog
    at the bend jump out grab the shotgun and that would allow the sniper guy
    time to take his position, I think then the team is ready to succeed.
    Brad
    > Zanzibar. This map has simple tactical characteristics for each team in
    > 1 Flag CTF. It will require offense to have a 3 man recon go in and
    > open the gate(kill some people then take the flag), while another 1 go
    > in with a warthog just close enough to where the upper-bridge on the
    > defense side cuts and the flag-man has to run on ground. Two men cover
    > the Flagman going up the stairs, to the bridge, all the way to where
    > another man is waiting with the warthog then deliver the flag home.
    > This plan easy very simple, direct, and effective way to deliver the
    > flag everytime with skilled slayers and organization of teamwork.

    Hey Brad!

    I'm interested. With a 7-yr old, I'm betting you get as much time to play
    as I do.

    GT:Crudolph

    "Brad" <bdarnell1966@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Same here, I play with my 7 year old daughter. We do win sometimes but
    > lose
    > more than we win. Lately I have been just learning the maps as best I can,
    > think this makes all the difference in the game. If you can go straight to
    > the major weapons it can turn the game. The rocket launcher and sniper
    > rifles always seem to turn the tide. It is a shame that we cannot get into
    > ranked games together, team training is all you can do with split screen.
    > If
    > any of you guys would like to form a clan and learn and advance together I
    > would be interested.
    > Brad
    > "Kenneth" <Noname@domain.com> wrote in message
    >> I could use this too, I'm really bad. Get beat all the time. Still like
    >> play though!
    >>
    >> "Kid" <Jeremy.Smith@misawa.af.mil> wrote in message
    >> >I would like some concept of the best over all strategy for each map;
    >> > as is what weapon I should access the quickest to amass the most kills
    >> > and the route or placement for on the map that would give my opponent a
    >> > less tactical advantage. This includes in-depth CTF strategy for each
    >> > map, as well as slayer strategy for each map. Or good rules of thumb
    >> > with close-up combat as well as good sniping strategy for each map or
    >> > good ways to practice on each map. Thank you if you can be of some
    >> > help.

    There is much contraversy of the best weapon combination. As far as an
    easy one to access, most would agree the machine-gun/plasma rifle is
    very effectice for mid-range combat, used with proper aiming; this
    allows for frequent damage does by the spray of bullets, however the
    plasma rifle is devasting if and when it does hit. However, as far as
    the best combination over all goes, I love dual-pistols; due to
    frequent reloading, this combination makes killing more than two people
    nearly impossible. However realisticly any combination can't possibly
    compare to the super-weapons like the sniper rifle, sword, and rocket
    launcher.
    I'm curious of people's success with the needler, I was once dispensed
    in a blink-of-an-eye with dual-needler.

    I'm curious of each weapons ability to deal more damage depending on
    what part of the body hit. The pistol, sniper-rifle, and battle-rifle
    obviously have this ability; however, I'm unsure about the
    plasma-rifle, needler, machine-gun, shotgun, etc.

    I use the duel needler often in the Battle Creek map, it can be one of the
    best combos in certain situations. They fire faster than most other weapons
    plus they have slight homing ability so your aim does not have to be dead
    on, plus they have good range, you can pick someone off from mid range very
    nicely. Now like you said they do not compare to the super weapons but if
    all you have is a single smg then trade it in for these.
    Brad

    Brad wrote:
    > Yep, and she kicks some butt too. People would die knowing that they
    got
    > their tails handed to them by a seven year old. I do not allow her to
    use
    > the mic however and the rude talk concerns me some. I think if there
    was a
    > tournament for 7 year olds she would win with ease.

    I think you should let them play head to head. It would be fun to
    watch.
    http://www.halotournaments.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Itemid=2

    That would be cool, maybe it will happen sometime.
    Brad
    "DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Brad wrote:
    > > Yep, and she kicks some butt too. People would die knowing that they
    > got
    > > their tails handed to them by a seven year old. I do not allow her to
    > use
    > > the mic however and the rude talk concerns me some. I think if there
    > was a
    > > tournament for 7 year olds she would win with ease.
    >
    > I think you should let them play head to head. It would be fun to
    > watch.

    http://www.halotournaments.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Itemid=2

    Sniper rifle strategy. I noticed, using the sniper rifle, I am capable
    taking a person down with two shots ,at the most. This leaves the
    concept of a person having 4 shots before reloading is necessary. So I
    theorize using the sniper rifle in two shot burst will double your
    chances of hitting a target, plus another available two shot burst to
    kill the person in case that the burst did not kill them. So I make it
    a habit to fire two shots each time I fire a sniper rifle, and 1 if the
    target is a sitting duck.

    Needler strategy. I found-out yesterday that the needler is one of the
    better anti-sniper weapons in the game besides they rocket launcher and
    another sniper rifle. It is decently effective at mid-range and has a
    blinding affect on the on the sniper attempting to zoom in and shoot
    you. At mid-range the sniper rifle is still very deadly, however the
    needler seems to be the king of this domain due to its spread, rate of
    fire, and homing ability. Needlers vs. Sniper rifle in mid-range
    combat, the needler has the advantage, if intiated fire before the
    sniper rifle of course.

    On the topic of theories for a better game. I think it would pretty
    cool if you were able to throw the sword into somebody, or some sort of
    stun-attack which would throw the target's focus for a sec. Or some
    sort of perry with the sword would be cool as well- temporarily MC will
    be able to dodge bullets or another sword allowing for an instant
    reversal. It be cool too if you could put someone in a choke hold or
    break their neck; there would be some sort of rapid button mashing
    thing for both players for breaking-free from the attack or
    successfully doing the move.

    Couple more problems I see:

    - vehicles flip too easily; the warthog will do somersaults if it hits
    a pebble, and the ghost is worse than a three-wheeled ATV -- I
    understand Bungie wanted it to be realistic, but they went overboard
    with it (no military would manufacture vehicles that flip at even slow
    speeds)

    - lack of game and map type filtering; I'd like to choose which maps to
    play on big team matchmaking. I dislike most of the maps. Waterworks
    would be much improved if it had just one or no wraiths. Headlong is
    the best map.

    Also, has anyone noticed the sword isn't always effective? I've sliced
    opponents multiple times and not killed them. That's because unless the
    target is red, the sword is not as lethal. That's ridiculous. The sword
    isn't a gun. A slice to the upper chest is a slice to the upper chest,
    imaginary targetting or not.

    That's pretty funny. Maybe you expect too much from such an already
    cheap weapon. You speak of realism, but you honestly expect a sword in
    real-life to kill someone instantly. LOL

    > That's pretty funny. Maybe you expect too much from such an already
    > cheap weapon. You speak of realism, but you honestly expect a sword in
    > real-life to kill someone instantly. LOL

    If it consisted of high-energy plasma, I would.

    aether wrote:

    > Also, has anyone noticed the sword isn't always effective? I've
    sliced
    > opponents multiple times and not killed them. That's because unless
    the
    > target is red, the sword is not as lethal. That's ridiculous. The
    sword
    > isn't a gun. A slice to the upper chest is a slice to the upper
    chest,
    > imaginary targetting or not.

    About your Sword and shotgun complaints, they have tried to balance the
    Armor, Momnetum (lunging with a sword is deadlier than a stationary
    slice) and most importantly the fun factor (they have to somehow
    balance the one shot kill aspect of the sword)

    I agree with the breathing simulation while sniping suggestion though.
    That would be real cool but then again, the auto-aim would probably
    cancel it out.

    I see. I agree on that one.

    I was wondering about a good overall rule of thumb for sniping with
    possible drawbacks and advantages on certain maps as far as this weapon
    goes.

    Seems like ever time I go to snipe, someone without fail wacks me in the
    head about the time I get a bead for the kill. If that wont make you cuss
    nothing will!
    Brad
    > I was wondering about a good overall rule of thumb for sniping with
    > possible drawbacks and advantages on certain maps as far as this weapon
    > goes.

    Im certain on how this works, but sometimes I notice I'll be playing
    capture the flag and someone from my team grabs the flag and in the
    same instance the flag somehow makes it's way all the way back into our
    post and captured.

    I find it helpful to carry dual weapons and the sniper rifle where ever
    MC puts his stuff when he is not holding it. I really don't even know
    it's possible to camp and snipe on rumble pit, but it's very simple to
    do on team battles. So I use the sniper rifle when I have the
    opportunity in much the same way you would drop your weapon to club
    someone or throw a grenade. The sniper rifle should be used without
    hesitation when the moment presents its self. If one could some how
    perfect the aiming on the sniper rifle the person will be unstoppable.
    It will instantly kill at short range and nobody will be able to get
    close enough at long range.

Console Gaming Xbox Live Video Games